Brembo 6 Piston (2013) Front Caliper upgrade

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
sorry for my ignorance but do the 13-14 GT500's have 14" rotors on the back? Any difference in calipers on the back of the 13-14 gt500's when compared to the 07-12 GT500's?

Ford advertises the rear rotors on 13-14 Shelby's as being 14" diameter but they are actually 13.75". :read::idea:

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

ebondragon87

Established Member
New pic of the Brembo caliper:

IMG_1288_zpsca6fa856.gif

Looks amazing! Anyone know if the 6 piston Brembos will clear 07-09 wheels?

89Saleen215

Established Member
Anyone have the total dollar amount for front/rear switch to the 13/14 sized brakes?

When I priced it out it was like $1500, but it depends on your dealer or if you buy take-off's from somebody here ;)

For '08-'12 you need:
- Front brake lines
- Front rotors
- Front calipers
- Front pads (if not included)
- Rear caliper adapter brackets
- Rear rotors

DaFreak

Established Member
I would add:

- Caliper hardware (pad pins, bracket, etc.)

- I also added new factory caliper bolts as the workshop manual called for this.

Cheers,
Jeff

When I priced it out it was like $1500, but it depends on your dealer or if you buy take-off's from somebody here ;)

For '08-'12 you need:
- Front brake lines
- Front rotors
- Front calipers
- Front pads (if not included)
- Rear caliper adapter brackets
- Rear rotors

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Ok, a nice tidy pic of all the necessary OEM parts required for the upgrade:

DSC03858_zps3def71fc.jpg

Will do comparison pics of each part as I move along the install too.

What backing plates did you end up using behind the rotors? I may have missed it.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
The caliper to spindle bolts aren't TTY, correct? Cleaning the threads and a dab of Red Loctite should work like the SN95 cars?

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
You can reuse the caliper to spindle bolts. Admittedly, I never used Loctite on them and have never had a problem. I don't use it because I've had the damn things on and off quite a bit as of late.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
You can reuse the caliper to spindle bolts. Admittedly, I never used Loctite on them and have never had a problem. I don't use it because I've had the damn things on and off quite a bit as of late.

Brembos are in the shop for a few days, should hopefully have the front done this weekend. :banana:

P.S. May I trouble you for a torque spec? :lol:

RPM4DAZ

Because stock sucks!!
Established Member
Dafreak, Were your calipers hydro printed/ water transfer? I do not know who this Brian guy is, Do you have some contact info? I need some water transfer work done. Thanks for any help!!!

blkGT500nCA

Established Member
Dafreak, Were your calipers hydro printed/ water transfer? I do not know who this Brian guy is, Do you have some contact info? I need some water transfer work done. Thanks for any help!!!

Yep, we hydro dipped these brake calipers. I just did another dipped set last week. Look for pics in another thread.

Let me know if you have any questions.

-Brian

RPM4DAZ

Because stock sucks!!
Established Member
You're in Northern California right? Do you have an internet sight or a contact number? I want a few interior pieces done.

PDX

Brembos are in the shop for a few days, should hopefully have the front done this weekend. :banana:

P.S. May I trouble you for a torque spec? :lol:

Does anyone know if this would fit on a 2013 GT/CS? 750$ for 2 6p brembo calipers sounds like a deal to me, although i would want dome cross drilled rotors to go with it and score a 10 in the looks department as well :D What do you guys think of this listing?
:dancenana:

Last edited:

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Does anyone know if this would fit on a 2013 GT/CS? 750$ for 2 6p brembo calipers sounds like a deal to me, although i would want dome cross drilled rotors to go with it and score a 10 in the looks department as well :D What do you guys think of this listing?
:dancenana:

It will work.

And that price is too high, all that gear looks pretty well worn.

Users who are viewing this thread