Brembo 6 Piston (2013) Front Caliper upgrade

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I bailed on this one and went all in with the FTBR floating front/rears (the big rears that is), brake ducting and Hawk pads.

Bruce's hardware was simply too nice to pass up.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Got mine in the other day, they are huge compared to the 07-12 calipers:

b1-1_zps7cdcee6e.jpg

Awfully tempted to leave them black, as the much larger logo draws a lot more attention to it. But I might need a new color to make it 'pop'.

Last edited:

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
I still need to order the 13' brake lines so I can install mine 13 setup

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
His writeups are nothing short of excellent. I can't wait to see it!

Kinda neat, having some really good brake choices available. The Mustang sure has come a long way in the brake department.

89Saleen215

Established Member
I just ran mine at the Bash with the smaller Hawk HPS pads and the KR brake cooling setup...worked like a charm. I could smell the brakes and still stop! :) Although, being my first track event I can't say that I stepped on them as hard as others. I do know that my rims got really black after I started trying hard not to "trail brake"...you know...slam on the brakes, let off, and then turn. Now there's a skill that takes some time to learn.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
I just ran mine at the Bash with the smaller Hawk HPS pads and the KR brake cooling setup...worked like a charm. I could smell the brakes and still stop! :) Although, being my first track event I can't say that I stepped on them as hard as others. I do know that my rims got really black after I started trying hard not to "trail brake"...you know...slam on the brakes, let off, and then turn. Now there's a skill that takes some time to learn.

So you're running the KR cooling backing plates instead of the 2013 shields? I might do the same as I have the KR kit installed already.

DaFreak

Established Member
You had better bust a Tob Jr. :rockon:

Ha! I could never match the master/Socrates (Tob). But I will give you everything I've got. Rolling out later tonight to get things started.

I'll include a few pics of my Super Snake wheels on NT05 fatty rubber too. Pretty sweet IMO.

DaFreak

Established Member
Ok, a nice tidy pic of all the necessary OEM parts required for the upgrade:

DSC03858_zps3def71fc.jpg

Will do comparison pics of each part as I move along the install too.

DaFreak

Established Member
Hey all,

Some install pics, comments and a question for you 2013 owners.

Before:

DSC03866_zps0462ec74.jpg

After:

DSC03876_zpsdc0f0398.jpg

It's hard to tell but the new calipers are like 50% larger.

Some close ups of the new brake line(s):

DSC03874_zps355b86ef.jpg

DSC03872_zps819e5696.jpg

DSC03870_zps46e1afc7.jpg

DSC03884_zps318982f6.jpg

DSC03880_zps66af4420.jpg

Man the stock pads are sweet! It appears to be a nitrite stickable backing. Very similar to the Duralast Cmax backing but only stickable. Should be nice and quiet (although way more dusty).

DSC03885_zpsf1e7b6e7.jpg

2013 guys, the pads with the clip in the pic (both are pictured above, there are also 2 without clips), where do they go? I assume it's on the inside but looking for confirmation. Also, how do the pad retaining clips fit? Is it over the center bolt or under? The 07-12 calipers do not have this center bolt so I am somewhat confused by it. I am thinking I've got it right (over the the bolt) in the pic below but looking for confirmation.

DSC03891_zpse26275a9.jpg

13 Cobra Toy

Need More Track...
Established Member
2013 guys, the pads with the clip in the pic (both are pictured above, there are also 2 without clips), where do they go? I assume it's on the inside but looking for confirmation. Also, how do the pad retaining clips fit? Is it over the center bolt or under? The 07-12 calipers do not have this center bolt so I am somewhat confused by it. I am thinking I've got it right (over the the bolt) in the pic below but looking for confirmation.

I can't tell in the picture how you have the clip. But... The clip goes above the center support sleeve. Make sure the pins are pushed all the way in.

Last edited:

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
I have Hawk pads installed on my 07 with the clips on the outside for when the pad thickness becomes too low.

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Those things are massive - they look great!

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
did you get the rears too or just the fronts?

im hoping to get mine installed in a couple of weeks. i got front and rear. just received front and rear Hawk pads from Van :burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread