Brembo 6 Piston (2013) Front Caliper upgrade

DaFreak

Established Member
The hats are swap-able on the dba's but not sure they are the same size. so I might be totally hosed on this idea.

The offset is probably a lot different front to rear.

I just ordered the front rotors from Tousley ($113 each) as well as the rear caliper brackets so more to come soon.

enormous

Established Member
The hats are swap-able on the dba's but not sure they are the same size. so I might be totally hosed on this idea.

I just ordered the front rotors from Tousley ($113 each) as well as the rear caliper brackets so more to come soon.
Front rotors are $113?? Is this correct?

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Can you share the contact info? I am interested.

That would be super cool. Some measurements on the new rear rotor and close ups of the rear bracket would rock too :)

Cheers,
Jeff

the guys name is TPSMAK and he's a vendor on here :beer:

i havnt gotten to take the stuff out yet. :read:

hotford

Established Member
I have a set for sale in the SVT thread, NIB,2013 calipers,pads, rotors, retaining clips,

I was told the flex hoses were carry over from 2012? I could be wrong........

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
2013 rear calipers are different.

2013 TVS powered

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
This is from Sid's thread: http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...e-brings-you-pri-2012-tons-pics-part-3-a.html

PRI_2012_124.jpg

PRI_2012_125.jpg

89Saleen215

Established Member
FYI - The brake hose line connect differently on the 2013 calipers. The old calipers connect from the bottom and the 2013's are on the side. A quick look around...and I don't believe anyone makes a braided steel line for the 2013's yet. So you have to use OEM or have a custom set made. Although, Russell's or someone might have universal set that can be used, but I like the fitted pieces like J & M.

DaFreak

Established Member
FYI - The brake hose line connect differently on the 2013 calipers. The old calipers connect from the bottom and the 2013's are on the side. A quick look around...and I don't believe anyone makes a braided steel line for the 2013's yet. So you have to use OEM or have a custom set made. Although, Russell's or someone might have universal set that can be used, but I like the fitted pieces like J & M.

Wonder why the kit does not include the lines? Also, I wonder if it includes pads?

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
The description doesn't make sense.

I think what they mean is it was designed FOR the new GT500 and that makes it a bad ass KIT that will plug and play to the older cars.

I agree it could have been worded better, I had to go over it a few times. I'll assume they had a character limit in those little boxes. :burnout:

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Why come up with an aluminum hat, what looks to be top notch hardware, and then include a ring that is cross drilled? Bling doesn't track very well.

And if they designed it for the '07-'12 it would have been nice if they could have simply said it. I mean, this is something that six years worth of GT500 owners (and probably quite a few Boss/LS/ GT owners with Brembos that track their cars) have been waiting for. It seems a bit hurried at least in terms of that placard.

Seriously, even the Focus got a slotted two piece offering...

PRI_2012_118.jpg

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
They aren't listed in the catalog yet. If you input the part number in the photo into the search box within the '13 catalog it doesn't show.

89Saleen215

Established Member
Had another "gotcha", "no duh" moment tonight on the upgrade...the anti-moan brackets for the rear has to also be replaced with the 2013 pieces...obviously, because of the increase in rotor size and where the caliper mounts. The anti-moan brackets clamp down on the axle tubes using a "u" bolt (?) (think exhaust clamps) and at the axle "flange" they utilize the same holes that the caliper mounting bolts use. So when you torque down your caliper mounts you are also "squishing" the anti-moan bracket too.

So far the only pieces that aren't a direct fit are the front brake hoses, rear caliper mounting brackets, and anti-moan brackets.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Front brake hoses won't fit due to inadequate length or fitting/thread changes?

DaFreak

Established Member
Had another "gotcha", "no duh" moment tonight on the upgrade...the anti-moan brackets for the rear has to also be replaced with the 2013 pieces...obviously, because of the increase in rotor size and where the caliper mounts. The anti-moan brackets clamp down on the axle tubes using a "u" bolt (?) (think exhaust clamps) and at the axle "flange" they utilize the same holes that the caliper mounting bolts use. So when you torque down your caliper mounts you are also "squishing" the anti-moan bracket too.

So far the only pieces that aren't a direct fit are the front brake hoses, rear caliper mounting brackets, and anti-moan brackets.

Good stuff. Any closeup pics of the anti-moan bracket interference?

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I too wish they would have done slotted front/rear rotors. I have no interest in cross-drilled rotors.

89Saleen215

Established Member
Front brake hoses won't fit due to inadequate length or fitting/thread changes?

Fitting changes.

DaFreak said:
Good stuff. Any closeup pics of the anti-moan bracket interference?

No need...talked with Steve at Tousley today and he posted up on the 2013 Forum here and it was determined that the 2013 GT500 does NOT use anti-moan brackets. They have done at least one conversion so far and the consensus is that you just take them off and find the nearest metal pile....

DaFreak

Established Member
Fitting changes.

No need...talked with Steve at Tousley today and he posted up on the 2013 Forum here and it was determined that the 2013 GT500 does NOT use anti-moan brackets. They have done at least one conversion so far and the consensus is that you just take them off and find the nearest metal pile....

Thanks 89Saleen215.

Got the front rotors and rear caliper brackets from Steve/Tousley this week. The rotors are huge and super heavy.

DSC03729.jpg
DSC03731.jpg
DSC03735.jpg
DSC03725.jpg
DSC03727.jpg

Also took Steve's lead and sent my new calipers (coil covers too) to Brian for powder coating. Now just need to figure out lines and pads.

Users who are viewing this thread