Bronco Announcement....

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Sister of Nicole Brown Simpson on release date of Ford Bronco: 'Are you kidding me?'

lol

they probably chose July 9 on purpose in hopes to stir up a bunch of free press

Ehhhhhh

It's OJs birthday, who the hell keeps track of that?

I'd raise an eyebrow if it was on the date of the big Bronco chase or if they somehow tried to use those iconic news shots.

But then again, who releases a truck on a Thursday? Seems like they'd want to do it July 3rd and make a big patriotic splash before a few days off.

96dreamer

Established Member
I'm more excited about this than any new vehicle recently. I've never been in a position to or really wanted to buy new before but my wife wants a new dd and really likes these. The temptation to take it out on the trails with my cherokee will be significant.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Still can't figure out why Toyota killed the FJ cruiser. They were printing money.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Sales tanked
Screenshot_20200627-081331.jpeg

I never realized it was such a sales dud after 2008.

Now granted, we entered a government controlled depression in 2008, however coming out of it by 2012, the FJ was woefully equiped to fight the remodeled Wrangler Unlimited.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Still can't figure out why Toyota killed the FJ cruiser. They were printing money.

Huh? Last i read they didnt meet target numbers 9 of 10 years it was out. The truck might have been popular but it surely didnt sell to the target they set for it.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Huh? Last i read they didnt meet target numbers 9 of 10 years it was out. The truck might have been popular but it surely didnt sell to the target they set for it.

I didn’t care for it at all myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IA Shelby

Established Member

If anyone wants to make a run at the wrangler, they need to be able to remove the roof and potentially the doors. Wrangles sell a lifestyle more than even off road capability. Similar to Harley only it appeals to women, people under the age of 50, etc... or otherwise known as the vast majority of the population which is another reason why Harley will be a distant memory in 10 years.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Sales tanked

they tried to give us one of those on our honeymoon - it was supposed to be an escape or equivalet. It was a piece of shit, I didn't finish loading our bags before I went in and asked for something. Thankfully the guy was cool and put us in a nice explorer for $3 a day more

Stanley

Established Member
Premium Member
If anyone wants to make a run at the wrangler, they need to be able to remove the roof and potentially the doors. Wrangles sell a lifestyle more than even off road capability. Similar to Harley only it appeals to women, people under the age of 50, etc... or otherwise known as the vast majority of the population which is another reason why Harley will be a distant memory in 10 years.
As a recent first time Wrangler owner it is really nice to roll the top down, roll down the windows and just cruise around.

Users who are viewing this thread