Bucking the trend

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
While I am a stripe delete fan- and dont like stripes- I still think yours look really good. Like the combo.

Jroc

Established Member
Already have wheels being built for it. Took almost 10 weeks for the Roush wheels to be built. I wish I could just find some "off the shelf" wheels for it but nothing out there really floats my boat, plus I want to go forged. I am also just not a huge fan of the stock wheels. They aren't bad for stockers but they are a PITA to clean. I am going for a more simple look like the HRE's on my roush.

Awesome!

I assume with a custom built wheel you can get the widest wheels that the car will accept in there? Kind of like you can fit wider CCW wheels under a Terminator than most other wheels do to the fact that CCW knows to correct offset, and backspacing to fit them in the car.

BMARZ

Established Member
Car looks great. I've always liked silver and blue.

Before everybody jumps on the Steeda band wagon I'm planning and I have ordered the following:

Ford Racing Springs
BMR Springs
Eibach Springs

I'm going to drive the car with each spring for a week or so and I'm going to measure OEM ride height and ride height after each spring as well as my overall interpretation of each spring and ride comparison.

Just a heads up I'm working on that.

Awesome, Van! I can't wait to see how much the handling of your 2013 GT500 improves with a set of lowering springs! Do you have any other suspension modifications planned?

Also, which FRPP springs did you order? My understanding is that most -- maybe all -- Ford Racing springs (and sway bars) are repainted, rebadged Eibach pieces.

To OP, your cars looks great with the stripes! The Roush looks pretty badass, too.

:beer:

carguy19

Established Member
I like the silver w the blue but I wish they were the old lighter blue. I think they would have been nicer.

5.0 guy

Established Member
Love the silver and blue, I agree about the stripes being a part of Shelby tradition. I did a Steeda coil o ER on my 08 and never looked back as it completed what the car was missing

Users who are viewing this thread