Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
Even your Super snake the way it sits it should put a hurtin on most hellcats, does your Shelby hook from a 40 roll? Or is it spin city
Yup.....it hooks on a 40 roll! There is alot of rubber out back.....28 inches total of section width on the ground to be exact......lol. I just struggle coming out of the hole. But if I leave on TC its not that bad and its very manageable. The car will destroy a stock hellcat. Would be interesting to race a highly modified HC or a street trim Demon on the street. There are plenty of faster street cars out there for sure.......but dont underestimate any Standard 850hp SS out on the street. They are not all the same and some make more power than others. I got to get mine on a dyno but I know Im pushing more than 850 at the crank easy. Im very happy with the way its running and Ive got it dialed in perfectly. It pulls extremely hard for a street car if you know how to drive them. Unfortunately.... we are all not as lucky as Mr. @Norton to have a unicorn like he has........:D I bet that Shelby of his has hurt a few hell kitties feelings.....lol

Last edited:

Cobra Therapy

Established Member
FYI......You both are prevoking me to jump on the bandwagon and get my sh$t built to help with the humilation of these dodges..........:ROFLMAO:
We are at WAR!!!Its been that way since the 60s and I am all in for the destruction of fat cats and Garbage Motors.I roll race so sometimes its 50-60 roll to 180 or so.I know some other people drag race,as long as we are trying to keep the 13-14 GT500 on top im all about that.

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
We are at WAR!!!Its been that way since the 60s and I am all in for the destruction of fat cats and Garbage Motors.I roll race so sometimes its 50-60 roll to 180 or so.I know some other people drag race,as long as we are trying to keep the 13-14 GT500 on top im all about that.
My pledge to you ...Mr @Cobra Therapy ....I vinnie_B solemnly swear to beat down every fat cat dodge....Garbage Motor i race so help me god.....:ROFLMAO:.....War it is my friend!! 2013-14 GT500 KINGS FOREVER

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
What don’t you like about the gen5 3.0?
I have a whipple 170mm mono blade throttle body on my VMP Gen3 TVS and the driveability is perfect. I tried two different KB168s and the car hated both of them, so I don't even want to chance a 3.6KB, and the Gen5 3.0 whipple has a different T/B and I don't know how happy the car will be with it, however my current T/B will work with a Gen4 2.9 whipple, but I'd have to hunt one day and spend more money when my current setup works good enough so I don't see anything changing.

S1975.8

Established Member
Premium Member
36CAE027-AD21-495D-B0D8-D56595A12458.jpeg

Whipple arrived yesterday evening, we will see what Rob and PBD can get it to do….. wish me luck

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
I have a whipple 170mm mono blade throttle body on my VMP Gen3 TVS and the driveability is perfect. I tried two different KB168s and the car hated both of them, so I don't even want to chance a 3.6KB, and the Gen5 3.0 whipple has a different T/B and I don't know how happy the car will be with it, however my current T/B will work with a Gen4 2.9 whipple, but I'd have to hunt one day and spend more money when my current setup works good enough so I don't see anything changing.
Any particular reason KB will not work @2011 gtcs ?

S1975.8

Established Member
Premium Member
Lethal performance, palm beach dyno, and HRD all tell me that it’s my ticket for what I’m wanting. We will see!

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
Lethal performance, palm beach dyno, and HRD all tell me that it’s my ticket for what I’m wanting. We will see!
You cant go wrong with a Gen 5 whipple. Me .......Im a KB guy. They put out awesome power and the supercharger whine is second to none! Just insane whine! Im sure you will be pleased with the gen5. They work well on the 5.8 and put out alot of power!

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Any particular reason KB will not work @2011 gtcs ?
It’s not necessarily the KB it’s just that these cars are VERY sensitive to TB and the DBW safety in the stock electronics. Limp mode and TB issues are 90% of the reason I’m swapping out the stock computer.
I’ve personally ran and had success with KB168, Whipple 170 and the VMP 173(?). But I’ve also had failures with other TBs.
It’s a balance act because some of the biggest power gains come from TB while it also can make the car almost unable to drive.
The S197 Coyote guys would run S550 TB motors and tube around it or even *gasp* Hellcat electronics as band aids.
Our ‘13-14 Trinity cars actually run the Coyote processor (different from
‘11-12 5.4 GT500s) so there’s a lot more to it than we want to get into.
After personally living with it/thru it I’ll tell you to stick with your TB/tune if it’s working!
I believe that Gen 5 3.0/3.8 runs the roval TB and yes they’ve also had the same issues that ALL of them have but at the same token, we’ve learned a ton about work arounds and for 95+% of guys it’ll be fine.
Looking forward to seeing seeing the results.
-J

S1975.8

Established Member
Premium Member
You cant go wrong with a Gen 5 whipple. Me .......Im a KB guy. They put out awesome power and the supercharger whine is second to none! Just insane whine! Im sure you will be pleased with the gen5. They work well on the 5.8 and put out alot of power!

VERY nice!
Is that a Gen 5 3.0?
What is your setup?
Most people think of the 3.8 Gen 5 but either has huge potential on a 5.8
Good luck.
-J
Yeah it’s a gen5 3.0 wanted a little more but keep motor mount location and hood. It’s just a little slow street car :):) Motor is sleeved block, Manley rods, diamond ceramic coated pistons, head work, L&M cams. Total seal rings, king bearings, TSS oil pump gears. Fore innovations triple pump with ID1300. Tick performance stuff in the tranmission with a McLeod rxt 1200 clutch. I am probably forgetting something but that’s the meat and potatoes of it

Users who are viewing this thread