Buyer Beware

jsonic

Established Member
I purchased a used powersteering reservoir off of a guy by the name of TwinTurbo4VGT who was parting out his build due to being flooded on March 10th, after 3 days i messaged the guy asking for tracking information, Since it was only traveling from NY to MI it should have been there. I politely messaged for tracking to which he replied "dude relax my coworker assured me your reservoir was shipped out wednesday." March 10th was a monday so wednesday was the 12th, i figured he had some trouble so i waited till the following week. I waited untill Wednesday March 18th and finally messaged him asking whats going on. He did NOT reply, but refunded me the following day, March 19th. So at this point he clearly never shipped the reservoir but claimed his "coworker" did. I waited another couple of days thinking i was refunded and all was good and maybe he lost track of shipping parts since he had an entire setup he was parting out(giving him the benefit of the doubt) It wasn't un till March 24th i recieved an email stating his eCheck was delayed because his bank declined his transaction. I have messaged him twice since then to try and clear the waters and get see why his eCheck was declined but he has ignored my PM's. At this point i had no other option then to call paypal for some advice, they told me to file a claim and so i did. A fellow member also claimed he had the entire motor for sale on craigslist without mentioning it was flooded.

Bottom line do not buy from this guy, he is very shady, leaves key information out on parts he is selling and does not communicate well.

Link to for sale thread: http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...ell-242/1000364-flooded-race-car-motor-2.html

Last edited:

chvybeatsford

Established Member
So many shady sellers now days. Heck I think from here on out face time with part in hand is about the only way to be sure u get correct part.

Hopefully it all works out for yall.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I hate to see a few of these threads pop up all at the same time.

OP, I hope you get everything worked out!

brandonflood123

Established Member
i guess ive just got lucky with all my transactions on this site, but maybe its just how i handle the situation. first and fore most i get all the info on them and speak with them on their phone before sending any money and i never gift. hope that this hopefully works out for you!

jsonic

Established Member
So many shady sellers now days. Heck I think from here on out face time with part in hand is about the only way to be sure u get correct part.

Hopefully it all works out for yall.

I hate to see a few of these threads pop up all at the same time.

OP, I hope you get everything worked out!

i guess ive just got lucky with all my transactions on this site, but maybe its just how i handle the situation. first and fore most i get all the info on them and speak with them on their phone before sending any money and i never gift. hope that this hopefully works out for you!

Thanks guys. I paid the PP fees and filed a claim so i think it's only a matter of time before i get my refund. But i've never been in this type of position so i don't know what to expect.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Don't know the guy, don't really care. But he clearly titled his post Flooded race car motor. That alone tells me not to purchase his parts.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
TwinTurbo4VGT should be....

Picture3_zpsd7044b6c.png

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm surprised to hear this. I've always thought Chris was a stand-up guy. Hopefully there is a good explanation for the delayed refund and shipping issue.

jsonic

Established Member
Update: paypal sided with me. I'll be getting my money back. I hope 66 bucks was worth your reputation and possibly your credit you piece of scum.

Users who are viewing this thread