Buyin GT

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
My advice: find an RS200 Evo and go hunting for Enzos. 4 cyl. turbo, 658 hp, AWD, and that sick rally look. You really could bring down Enzos with it. Did I mention that it does 0-60 in 2.1 seconds and the 1320 in the mid 9s? This site's specs are a bit off, but the pics are good: http://www.fast-autos.net/ford/fordrs200evo.html . It looks good in white.

Last edited:

venom279

Established Member
Originally posted by T-Bolt
My advice: find an RS200 Evo and go hunting for Enzos. 4 cyl. turbo, 658 hp, AWD, and that sick rally look. You really could bring down Enzos with it. Did I mention that it does 0-60 in 2.1 seconds and the 1320 in the mid 9s? This site's specs are a bit off, but the pics are good: http://www.fast-autos.net/ford/fordrs200evo.html . It looks good in white.

That car looks like ass!! Doesn't even begin to compare to a GT40!!

:beer:

T-Bolt

Established Member
I agree never in looks, but it is BADASS in terms of speed. You'd make an Enzo driver laugh, then you'd smoke him. It's the fastest car to 60. It's light as hell. AWD. Now if it looked like a GT and had that nice V8 sound, it would be so much cooler...

Oh, and top end depends on gearing. Can top out at up to 202 mph. Anyway, just wanted to point out that the GT isn't the only supercar that Ford has made. And BTW, the Enzo's ugly, but it's still a supercar, and if Bangle designs a supercar, we'll have one to make fun of.

02 Harley Truck

Established Member
i just really like the look of the GT and the i like the specs on it...if i wanted to i could make a 8-9 second car by goin out and buyin and old 89 fox body mod the piss out of...(Which Would Be SOO fun) but i really like the looks of the Gt thats why im considerin buyin it...

But the RS200 Evo looks ugly i think... but your right that thing would be a blast to drive... and is that stock times and 0 - 60?

Paul Vincent

Established Member
02 Harley Truck, I also really like the GT (everything about it), and if I had the money I'd get one. As I said before, it's guys like you who really deserve the GT. Best of luck on getting one.

T-Bolt

Established Member
Yup, RS 200 EVO did 0-60 in 2.1 seconds. It was a production model. The regular one had a smaller bore and turbo and only did it in 3.8 seconds and had only 240 (?) hp. They made 78 EVOs. Most were used for racing but a few escaped onto the streets. Yeah, I'd want to do that to a Fox, but everyone would think you're in a kit car, and you'd toast them! I betchya that with a bigger turbo, you'd get it into the low 8s. It's crazy fast.

02 Harley Truck

Established Member
Paul, Every Ford GT Fan Deserves One... its just not everyone can aford one as you kinda said... but your right that is an awesome car an i think i deserve it... but its kinda being a pain to get one... but im still tryin with all my might..

T Bolt, 2.1 seconds is CRAZY fast... it would snap your neck when you took off... lol... would be preety fun to have a car the looks all stock and then you floor it and your at 60 in 2 seconds... man that would be fun... i dont think i could hook up all that power tho... i havent drove a stick on a track in about 7 years... although its like riding a bike it just comes back to ya natural...

02 Harley Truck

Established Member
oh lord... all wheel drive... i must have skimmed over that part... that thing would be a rocket off the line... i think that would be one the most fun cars to drive... speacily with a enzo next to you... revvin his engine... mmmm

inVision

Established Member

That's one of those links you wish you never clicked on:nono:

CobraBri

Established Member

why would anyone in the market for a supercar consider buying a rally race car?

BCM0018

Established Member
I agree way to pricey. For less money than a brand new GT you can get a Viper Venom Twin Turbo which will decimate it. A stock Viper can keep up with it and when the C6 Z06 comes out it should be right there too,

ericbsvt

BCM0018, How does a stock viper keep up w/ a GT? First of all its a Dodge, that should count against it right off the bat...no 2 are built the same. And I doubt the new c6 will be all that(although I hope they did do some work on it considering the numerous terminators on this board that can walk a current one) How come nobody is comparing the GT to the Venom, but instead everyone is picking on poor Ferrari and Lambos? Doesn't make sense to me. I'm not trying to start any crap, but I guess i'm just confused.

Paul Vincent

Established Member
BCM0018, From what I've read, the Viper twin turbo isn't exactly cheap, but please tell me why the Viper can be modded, but the GT can't (and if the GT also can be modded, tell me why it could not be modded to a greater extent than the Viper depending on how deep one's pockets are). Also, since no production GT has yet hit the street or track, just how do you know that a stock Viper, "can keep up with it and when the C6 Z06 comes out it should be right there too."? Won't all this have to be determined when the cars are finally raced? One final question; if I or numerous others want the GT (and some of those others can actually get one) even if the GT isn't any faster than the Viper, the Vette, some Lambo, some Ferrari, motorcycles, fighter jet, or grandma with a rocket strapped to her rear, why shouldn't we get it? Do you realize that there are other GT40s for sale too (with a variety of powerplants and curb weights)?

Users who are viewing this thread