BWNBYU"s First Mod Motor = Vortech Air to Air and much more

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
Powerpipe is fabd and came out exactly how I wanted.. It touches the other discharge tube but I'll simply put a piece of foam between the two.. Clears the hood and everything else just find, and my MONSTER open end S&B filter fit.. barely..

Here are some pics.. I'll cut the maf hole here shortly and then take everything off to be welded out!

PP by Matt Whidden, on Flickr

PP_9 by Matt Whidden, on Flickr

PP_8 by Matt Whidden, on Flickr

PP_7 by Matt Whidden, on Flickr

PP_6 by Matt Whidden, on Flickr

PP_5 by Matt Whidden, on Flickr

PP_4 by Matt Whidden, on Flickr

PP_3 by Matt Whidden, on Flickr

PP_2 by Matt Whidden, on Flickr

PP_1 by Matt Whidden, on Flickr

Last edited:

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
Update.. Intecooler mounts are finished and painted.. All tubing is finished and getting sent to the powdercoaters tomorrow.. Going to coerce them to get it done asafp.
Here are some pics of the mounts I fab'd up.. Very simple design but solid as a rock and look great. Intecooler unbolts as an assembly with the bash bar with 4 easy to get to bolts. I simply used a piece of 2"x 3/16 flatbar. I did have to put a bend in it with a torch off of the frame horns to set the intercooler far enough back.. Then I simply took some 1" tubing that matched the bumper and coped it to fit, and put a quarter inch cut through it so it could slip over the flatbar.. Then once it was welded I trimmed the bottom of the flat bar to match the angle of the tubing.. Took about 45 minutes with nothing more than handtools and mig gun.

Also got my A pillar cut up and ready for gauges.. Starting on wiring tonight.

bash by Matt Whidden, on Flickr

bash_1 by Matt Whidden, on Flickr

bashb by Matt Whidden, on Flickr

I also wanted to show how little metal I had to trim for both the 4" powerpipe and the 3" discharge tubing.. Made very good use of the factory hole..

cutout by Matt Whidden, on Flickr

pillar by Matt Whidden, on Flickr

cbrown9064

Established Member
Looking really clean! Nice work! If not too late, I would flip that MAF sensor 180 degrees (bottom of pipe) so you don't see it.

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
Looking really clean! Nice work! If not too late, I would flip that MAF sensor 180 degrees (bottom of pipe) so you don't see it.
I spent alot of time figuring out maf placement. I originally wanted it in the fender but wanted as much straight pipe before it as possible. I wanted to hide it, but for tuning purposes, put the bung where you see it marked. Can't be changed now

Jaysin

Established Member
Awesome work and build man! Threads like these make me want to buy an sn95!

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
Update..
Got a call from work and I have to be back on the East Coast in 11 days.. So.. That kind of squashed my timeline here. I called my powdercoater and he's weeks out still so I picked up my piping and decided to install it for now as is. Plus, it's better that way in case I have issues anyway. I had planned to powdercoat everything from the get go, so I didn't take special care not to scratch any of the piping.. Kind of regret that.. I started sanding on it a little with some 100 grit to take the nicks out such out.. I was going in straight lines and it leaves a wicked polished/brushed look.. The camera does not pick it up at all, but I REALLY like it.. I also like the contrast of the silver piping.. So now I may either PC everything a sweet metallic silver or polish everything out and then brush it... IDK.. I'll figure that out later..
Anyhow.. I got everything bolted on for good.. Fit's like a glove.. Just have to modify the coolant tank support rod to give myself more room and then I can actually throw the bumper and inner fenders back on.. Here are some pics..

This one is the best I could do at showing the brushed/polished finish... In person it's awesome..

piping_3 by Matt Whidden, on Flickr

piping_6 by Matt Whidden, on Flickr

piping_5 by Matt Whidden, on Flickr

piping_2 by Matt Whidden, on Flickr

For those that wanted to see the piping off car... For as far as it has to go, it's very simple... Using an intercooler with a bottom inlet and outlet helps tremendously..
I do not have ANY rubber elbows or 90's, which are always really restrictive.. All of my 90's are with the treadstone piping, which has a much larger radius and will not slow the air down..

piping by Matt Whidden, on Flickr

Plus.. The wheels for my other Red Cobra showed up today.. These are going to look really good sitting next to each other! I'm planning on tracking both cars at the same time this summer

Red95wheels by Matt Whidden, on Flickr

MMD_1 by Matt Whidden, on Flickr

Anyhow.. Last night I started on the interior.. I had to pull the ecu to install my quarterhorse and I pulled the console in favor of my 03 Console I have to install as well as all the seats..

Went with an MMR RSD... What a ****ing joke.. The one and only product of theirs I'll ever have in one of my cars again.. I modified it so it won't sag in the middle. But I could have made the same thing in an hour with 20 bucks in supplies.. After installing the RSD, I noticed my carpet appears to be graphite, which I was not aware of being an option in 97.. But I'm almost positive it is???

Now that the interior is out I can do all of my wiring.. I still have to wire my Dual Aeroforce interceptors and Dual Widebands, as well as setup the usb cable for datalogging with the quarterhorse.. Lots of ****ing work to do in a week!

Here are some more pics..

20 year old seats...

int_2 by Matt Whidden, on Flickr

int_1 by Matt Whidden, on Flickr

int by Matt Whidden, on Flickr

int_3 by Matt Whidden, on Flickr

I laid out the wiring for the alarm, interceptors, and widebands.... Does this make your head hurt?????

wiring cluster**** by Matt Whidden, on Flickr

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
On another note.. I've grown a sick obsession to these Cobra Misano's... That's a bad thing because once I'm bitten it's hard to get over it... But $1899 EACH>>>
Still probably going to happen lol.. These, along with the Carbon Driven Carbon HVAC and Shifter bezels, as well as door pulls would be ORGASMIC

cobra seats by Matt Whidden, on Flickr

cobraseat1 by Matt Whidden, on Flickr

mystical

Established Member
Did you hit the jackpot or what? I need to send you my Mystic so you can do the same to it!;-)

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
Did you hit the jackpot or what? I need to send you my Mystic so you can do the same to it!;-)
Lol. No.

There are only 2 seats in existence that I want to put in this car.. One is the Misanos. The other are 10th anniversary seats. I just so happened to find a set for sale on FB today. I told him I'd take them within a few minutes of posting the ad lol. He's looking into shipping options right now. Hopefully he does not back out for some reason, but as it stands, I should have a set of really nice Anni seats uploadfromtaptalk1452217769487.jpg

.Mark

Established Member
Lol. No.

There are only 2 seats in existence that I want to put in this car.. One is the Misanos. The other are 10th anniversary seats. I just so happened to find a set for sale on FB today. I told him I'd take them within a few minutes of posting the ad lol. He's looking into shipping options right now. Hopefully he does not back out for some reason, but as it stands, I should have a set of really nice Anni seats View attachment 57781

I was looking for the same 10th Anniversary seats, there's a front and rear package on eBay..look mint, I believe they're asking $1500

Rev Happy

Established Member
Good stuff man. I assume this is still stock motor? How much boost are you looking to run? What exhaust does the car have? I'm still waiting on my stuff from Vortech. I placed the order on the 18th of last month...how long does it take to make a mounting bracket and the other misc stuff?! :mj: I'm hoping to get everything next week so I can finish this thing.

Users who are viewing this thread