C&D- Viper returning

VegasMichael

Established Member
No V-10 this time. Huh. Thought that was one of the attractions people had to the Viper. On that list I saw the Aston Martin Lagonda sedan. Kind of looks comical.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Not real.

The "Viper" is dead. If FCA comes back with a 2 door sports car, it will not be named a Viper.

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
i believe it when i see it. Chrysler will be lucky not to be sold again or bankrupt in another few short years

jsd512

Wannabe Ghostbuster
Established Member
The Viper is not coming back, at all. The replacement will be lucky to get here by 2021 calendar year. Because it's FCA, it will be another example of cost cutting (using a cast iron block V8 already in production) and compromises (parts bin switch gear and fake cheap trim). The last Viper was a total failure, utter failure because of cost cutting and compromises. I don't have any hope that this car will be anything like a McLaren or Ferrari. What's worse, is that, Alfa Romeo, Maserati and Dodge will all share the same platform. The replacement is going to be a cluster ****. FCA is really taking advantage of my loyalty.

jsd512

Wannabe Ghostbuster
Established Member
i believe it when i see it. Chrysler will be lucky not to be sold again or bankrupt in another few short years

It's coming. To your second point, FCA will announce that it will no longer have net debt, some time in June. FCA's future is pretty secure right now. They have put a ton of effort into reducing debt versus pumping out new product. After June, efforts will be increased dramatically. The only thing SM has done well is on the money side. Other than that, can't wait for him to leave.

Coiled03

Established Member
The Viper is not coming back, at all. The replacement will be lucky to get here by 2021 calendar year. Because it's FCA, it will be another example of cost cutting (using a cast iron block V8 already in production) and compromises (parts bin switch gear and fake cheap trim). The last Viper was a total failure, utter failure because of cost cutting and compromises. I don't have any hope that this car will be anything like a McLaren or Ferrari. What's worse, is that, Alfa Romeo, Maserati and Dodge will all share the same platform. The replacement is going to be a cluster ****. FCA is really taking advantage of my loyalty.

Be careful. There are tons of people around here that swallow Viper **** on a daily basis. They'll be after you before long.

blk02edge

Established Member
Viper has always been a parts bin pos, gone away and come back, dont know why this is thrown out as fake news so quickly, I have no idea where C&D gets their facts from but they are no HPK. I completely doubt viper is gone for good

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
Be careful. There are tons of people around here that swallow Viper **** on a daily basis. They'll be after you before long.
Lol

Viper Demon Package. LOL
Dear God no, being a Demon will ensure it loses to everything.

I wouldn't mind it returning, the gen 5 is the first one I've really considered wanting.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The Gen V was a failure? How so?
I mean...3400lbs, 640 hp, V10, 6 speed, 13 track records...its pretty awesome.

Sent from my potato using Tapatalk

blk02edge

Established Member
The Gen V was a failure? How so?I mean...3400lbs, 640 hp, V10, 6 speed, 13 track records...its pretty awesome.

Sent from my potato using Tapatalk
Purely based on sales I guess. Vipers are such a love/hate for me. Nothing looks or is as bad ass but I just hate driving them and thats a reputation they'll probably never shake unless they made drastic changes which I bet they will

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
Purely based on sales I guess. Vipers are such a love/hate for me. Nothing looks or is as bad ass but I just hate driving them and thats a reputation they'll probably never shake unless they made drastic changes which I bet they will
I've driven a few, and I look forward to owning one at some point. They are absolutely amazing. I really love the early 90s models. Raw monsters without any mercy.

Sure, they lack the power of today's cars, but they make up for it in appearance and fun.

Sent from my SM-G930V using the svtperformance.com mobile app

blk02edge

Established Member
I've driven a few, and I look forward to owning one at some point. They are absolutely amazing. I really love the early 90s models. Raw monsters without any mercy.

Sure, they lack the power of today's cars, but they make up for it in appearance and fun.

You want to go rt/10? Either way the chassis on the gen 1/2 is not good on track contrary to some belief but you are a drag racer anyway right?

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
You want to go rt/10? Either way the chassis on the gen 1/2 is not good on track contrary to some belief but you are a drag racer anyway right?
I am a drag racer, but believe it or not, I have ran several SCCA races. I can't hang with the fast guys on a road course, but I have had a lot of fun in the right environment.

Should I admit that I've also ran dirt oval a few times as well? I will say that it is a lot of fun. Not something I want to do all if the time, but fun nonetheless.

Users who are viewing this thread