C7 Z06 weight released

Z06

Established Member
Yup a bit heavier than what most are use to hearing coming outta the Z. I believe they did good with all the creature comforts and the SC. Can't have all that power and interior for under 100k with less weight.

Tech4Dummies

Established Member
I'm not much of a vette guy but, Zr1 power with a 3,500+ lb curb weight? Maybe they're waiting to release a lighter, more aggressive model.

I think Mopar did it right with the Viper, having some basic models and then the TA....the customer has a good choice of what type of monster they want....but then again...they've been screwing up with the Challenger since it was released some years ago IMO. The 6.1 & 6.4 hemis should have been R/T engine options over the regular 5.7, and the SRT8 should've been under 4,000 lbs with stiffer/adjustable suspension and wider wheels/tires, with a more aggressive tune & a little top end work (and louder exhaust) for a bump of like 30-40 hp over what you got with the R/T's 6.1 or 6.4 hemi.

DaBigBone

Established Member
Heavier than I thought it would be. Figured it would come in around the 32-3300 mark. Still going to be a monster though

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I really expected that it would tip the scales at around 3425. But, it's still going to be an absolute BEAST!

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
Guys, every new generation of performance car gains weight.. I dont like it either, but that seems to be a fact of life now days. When I had myC6 ZO6 my buddy with his C6 ZR1 and I weighed our cars.... with a full tank my ZO6 was 3170 his ZR1 was 3390 w/ 1/2 tank..... the two cars were a close match drag racing...best numbers for each were 11.22 at 126 on street tires for my stock Z06 11.07 at 130 best for his ZR1 stock on stock tires.... that all tells me that this new Z06 wont be that much quicker in a straight line than a ZR1 when equiped with manual.... now the auto should be a different story.

Ps my Boss weighs 3580.... hard to believe the new Z06 is nearly as heavy!

zerocool

Douchy McDoucherson
Established Member
Ouch. That's not going to be quite as impressive performance wise as I had thought. Still a great car, but I was expecting much closer to the ZR1's curb weight.

Fully loaded it's going to top 3600 lbs, may end up being a driver's race manual to manual with a 13/14 GT500.

Last edited:

6.0GTO

Established Member
Ouch. That's not going to be quite as impressive performance wise as I had thought. Still a great car, but I was expecting much closer to the ZR1's curb weight.

Fully loaded it's going to top 3600 lbs, may end up being a driver's race manual to manual with a 13/14 GT500.

Since you already have in your mind what impressive performance numbers would be please share. It seems you are saying the Z06 is going to run mid 11's @ 125-127.

zerocool

Douchy McDoucherson
Established Member
Since you already have in your mind what impressive performance numbers would be please share. It seems you are saying the Z06 is going to run mid 11's @ 125-127.
I hadn't kept up with rumors on it like I should have so the weight caught me off guard, but when first announced I expected the weight to be 3350-3400 and high 10s@130+ on stock tires to be well within the realm of possibility. I'd say 11.1-11.3 will be about the norm and 10s on DRs. Definitely still a great bargain, but not a vast leap from what we saw the C6Zs running like I was hoping.

paluka21

Established Member
I'm anxiously awaiting a price tag on this car. It's probably the only American car I would seriously considering trading my Shelby in for.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Did someone say this car will be a driver's race with a Gt500? It's to early for this shit man.....

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Whats the weight of the previous gen? 31xx?

Thats a big jump in weight

Users who are viewing this thread