C7ZR1 vs Demon

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Yes they did and we all saw it. It was the owner of Dragtimes car.
https://www.svtperformance.com/forums/threads/dodge-demon-vs-mclaren-720s-roll-races.1157367/

Now the video has been pulled down. Probably because the Demon owner threatened to sue from all his hurt. LOL. Here is a shit quality segment stolen from the original video.

Oh! I remember seeing that video. I forgot about it. I guess it got lost in my memory banks of everything else in the world beating the Demon. LOL Can't wait for the clapped out Civic videos!

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Not really. They just made it capable of doing so more then any other car u can buy stock. If they were truly looking to build a dedicated drag car it wouldn't weigh 4300 lbs bro. Its a jack of many trades car.

Ive never been in one but I would be it rides, stops and handles WAY better then my car does and my car is anything but a "Dedicated Drag Car".

They simply promote it as one that can be taken to the drag strip as well as being driven on the street.

How drag ready it is does not negate the fact that Dodge DID build this thing for drag racing...

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Chiller killer is there to make power at any level from a dig or a roll.

Line lock heats ur tires up whether ur going from a dig or a roll so no there really not dedicated drag accessories at all and the front runners are optional and they would make any car faster at the track and their available for any car so again nothing unique about that.

And it’s not stock.

_Snake_

Established Member

Line lock heats ur tires up whether ur going from a dig or a roll so no there really not dedicated drag accessories at all and the front runners are optional and they would make any car faster at the track and their available for any car so again nothing unique about that.

Except they’re OEM. So yeah, there’s that.

I have yet to see anyone use a line lock on a road course. So I guess there’s that, too.

And the killer chiller.........

gofast15

Established Member
I LOVE the Demon but kind of disappointed no one has gone 140 yet in one BAUN stock.

They are such of nice cars but it's crazy how much the times very between them . There was one at local track last weekend , I talked to the owner for few minutes. He was kind of disappointed how the car run. Car was trapping 130-133mph running low 11s to high 10's , race gas tune ans skinnies . Weather was very nice with killer DA . 620whp GTR that's in the picture was trapping 137-138mph and running 10.1-10.3 . it was trapping 1-2mph higher today then average summer months .
20180421_142952.jpg
20180421_142407.jpg

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I LOVE the Demon but kind of disappointed no one has gone 140 yet in one BAUN stock.

Thinking a Demon would need more than the advertised 840 HP to trap 140 as well. I know Dodge has tried to lighten it up, but she’s still a big girl with the aero of brick shit house. What have the highest traps been, 135/136?

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Thinking a Demon would need more than the advertised 840 HP to trap 140 as well. I know Dodge has tried to lighten it up, but she’s still a big girl with the aero of brick shit house. What have the highest traps been, 135/136?

When they released the 9.65 at 140 mph info, I knew the car would have to make over 800 to the wheels to do that. No one has been able to do it. The highest trapping car I’ve seen is 135 if I remember correctly.

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Im going to bite my tongue, and remind everyone.......
less than 1% have hit the drag strip. My guess is, and I will say it again, by early Fall we will have a realistic answer as to what this car will and can do in the hands of average joe.
I still have a few hundred miles to go (following break in procedure) before mine will be at the track (decent weather just arrived this week too)
Give it time! I can personally tell you this car is insane, and the technology is exciting.

Jefe

Established Member
For those that don't know the "hero run" of 9.65 @ 140 was done in -1200DA and 45° weather driven by a 125lb woman named Leah F***** Pritchett

PIPO

Established Member
137.7 is the highest trap for a stock demon...well, not stick cause it had different tires lol

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Not a fan of the demon but you guys who are adamant it can achieve the claimed time, do you think the record can be broken?
Dodge set the bar really high with that time, I wanted to joke that the time was achieved by some anorexic dude and I was almost right, lol 125lbs.

PIPO

Established Member
I personally don't think it'll be broken, especially with Nittos. But 9.7 is achievable with a DA like the one they had and MTs. The 2 stock Demons that have ran 9.9 did it in +DA.

Never_Enough

Established Member

Who's using line lock while going 60mph?!

Users who are viewing this thread