C7ZR1 vs Demon

Never_Enough

Established Member
Not a fan of the demon but you guys who are adamant it can achieve the claimed time, do you think the record can be broken?
Dodge set the bar really high with that time, I wanted to joke that the time was achieved by some anorexic dude and I was almost right, lol 125lbs.
That's what I weigh so let me drive one.

Never_Enough

Established Member
Im going to bite my tongue, and remind everyone.......
less than 1% have hit the drag strip. My guess is, and I will say it again, by early Fall we will have a realistic answer as to what this car will and can do in the hands of average joe.
I still have a few hundred miles to go (following break in procedure) before mine will be at the track (decent weather just arrived this week too)
Give it time! I can personally tell you this car is insane, and the technology is exciting.
Meh, it's already a big fail regardless. They touted as kicking exotic ass blah blah. Look at all the roll races. It gets man handled.

Never_Enough

Established Member
Not really. They just made it capable of doing so more then any other car u can buy stock. If they were truly looking to build a dedicated drag car it wouldn't weigh 4300 lbs bro. Its a jack of many trades car.

Ive never been in one but I would be it rides, stops and handles WAY better then my car does and my car is anything but a "Dedicated Drag Car".

They simply promote it as one that can be taken to the drag strip as well as being driven on the street.
You are drunk, go home.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Heating ur tires up properly works in a roll race like it does from a dig. Guess uve never watched roll racing at the track or done it on the street apparently.

Not that I'm a big fan of roll racing at the track. In fact, I think its kinda gay considering the track hooks good unlike the street so do it from a dig. Now sober up cause heating ur tires up for a roll race is common sense bro....:)

Who's using line lock while going 60mph?!

Never_Enough

Established Member
Heating ur tires up properly works in a roll race like it does from a dig. Guess uve never watched roll racing at the track or done it on the street apparently.

Not that I'm a big fan of roll racing at the track. In fact, I think its kinda gay considering the track hooks good unlike the street so do it from a dig. Now sober up cause heating ur tires up for a roll race is common sense bro....:)
Nope, never roll raced my Z06 LOL

Come on, I'm not going to try to do a burnout at 60mph on the highway. It's a roll, you honk it off & go.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
lol of course u haven't....:p yea I agree I'm not either but its done often by others especially if at the track. High HP cars will melt the tires at a 60 mph roll just like they will from a dig so they still need heating up.

I can tell u for sure at 80 mph if I smash the throttle it tends to break loose the tire if the road and tires aren't warm enough. Same holds for others.

Nope, never roll raced my Z06 LOL

Come on, I'm not going to try to do a burnout at 60mph on the highway. It's a roll, you honk it off & go.

Never_Enough

Established Member
A car that was built to drag race and you are talking about gay ass roll racing? I needed a good laugh. Thanks.
We agree built to drag race, but again, Dodge touted this thing as super car killer etc. The videos do not lie. You can't deny how badly they get raped.

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
Show me a stock Demon running 9’s without mods and bigger tires. I’ll wait.

Also Mush is gonna get his shit pushed in by the Z06.

Yep I’ll still be waiting. It’s not on the stock Nittos.

Well. Technically you said BIGGER tires. I actually think the MT on that run were smaller.

Regardless it’s corny af to downplay it’s 9 sec pass simply because it’s running a different drag radial than the STOCK DRAG RADIAL. Talk about splitting hairs.

Its blatantly obvious you have a hard on for the demon and i have a good idea why. No worries though, you’re not alone by a longshot.

Its apparent from all the commotion all over the internet that the demon is the benchmark for all cars. And not just stock cars but modded ones as well. That alone, regardless of the outcome of the races, dodge still wins. No one is out there eager to race any stock mustang or camaro against the baddest ****ing supercar ever created, the 720s.

Multiple demons have already ran 9.9’s in +da. In due time we will see some of them match the claims. Maybe not by this summer but most likely next fall.

Never_Enough

Established Member
Well. Technically you said BIGGER tires. I actually think the MT on that run were smaller.

Regardless it’s corny af to downplay it’s 9 sec pass simply because it’s running a different drag radial than the STOCK DRAG RADIAL. Talk about splitting hairs.

Its blatantly obvious you have a hard on for the demon and i have a good idea why. No worries though, you’re not alone by a longshot.

Its apparent from all the commotion all over the internet that the demon is the benchmark for all cars. And not just stock cars but modded ones as well. That alone, regardless of the outcome of the races, dodge still wins. No one is out there eager to race any stock mustang or camaro against the baddest ****ing supercar ever created, the 720s.

Multiple demons have already ran 9.9’s in +da. In due time we will see some of them match the claims. Maybe not by this summer but most likely next fall.
Benchmark? It's getting killed so far.

People want to race it because of all the hype from Dodge. Now, we're all disappointed lol

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
Benchmark? It's getting killed so far.

People want to race it because of all the hype from Dodge. Now, we're all disappointed lol

Yes benchmark. Stock GT500’s arent racing it. Nor are ZL1’s or Z06’s. Its cars like the 720s that are eager to race it. The 720s is on another level, the fact that a 720s is even lining up to roll race a stock dodge speaks volumes. At this point a 720s owner would be wasting its time racing any stock car other than multi millionaire dollar hypercars. I mean its literally out there racing 1000cc street bikes.

With that being said. We have seen a demon kill a 720s at the dragstrip. No bench racing comparison there. Same track. Same day. Side by side. 10.8 vs 11.1. Albeit the 720s trapped higher but its supposed to. Just like the demon is supposed run a quicker et.

No one’s disappointed. Well id venture to say most aren’t. The ones pretending to be disappointed are the ones that never wanted it to be a reality to begin with. Envious fan boys imo. The bottom line is Dodge claimed the car will trap 140 in a very specific trim and conditions.

You’d have to be one dense mfer to think a 140 mph bare bones demon with one seat and 100lb driver in -1300da, will run that same 140mph with full interior, 200+lb driver, in +1000da.

Perfect conditions its a 140mph car. Everyday realistic conditions its around 135-137mph car. In shitty conditions its probably low 130’s. Nothing earth shattering about that. Modded ZL1’s, Hellcats, Z06’s, GT500’s, and stock 720s’ can all match and surpass that.

Never_Enough

Established Member
Yes benchmark. Stock GT500’s arent racing it. Nor are ZL1’s or Z06’s. Its cars like the 720s that are eager to race it. The 720s is on another level, the fact that a 720s is even lining up to roll race a stock dodge speaks volumes. At this point a 720s owner would be wasting its time racing any stock car other than multi millionaire dollar hypercars. I mean its literally out there racing 1000cc street bikes.

With that being said. We have seen a demon kill a 720s at the dragstrip. No bench racing comparison there. Same track. Same day. Side by side. 10.8 vs 11.1. Albeit the 720s trapped higher but its supposed to. Just like the demon is supposed run a quicker et.

No one’s disappointed. Well id venture to say most aren’t. The ones pretending to be disappointed are the ones that never wanted it to be a reality to begin with. Envious fan boys imo. The bottom line is Dodge claimed the car will trap 140 in a very specific trim and conditions.

You’d have to be one dense mfer to think a 140 mph bare bones demon with one seat and 100lb driver in -1300da, will run that same 140mph with full interior, 200+lb driver, in +1000da.

Perfect conditions its a 140mph car. Everyday realistic conditions its around 135-137mph car. In shitty conditions its probably low 130’s. Nothing earth shattering about that. Modded ZL1’s, Hellcats, Z06’s, GT500’s, and stock 720s’ can all match and surpass that.
Say what now? Yes, there are videos of ZL1 raping it. The Demon won that only on the light b/c the 720 driver took an hour to launch. They trapped the same, right? Come on man. Show me the stock Demon that trapped 140. None of them have done it other than Dodge's hero run.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Say what now? Yes, there are videos of ZL1 raping it. The Demon won that only on the light b/c the 720 driver took an hour to launch. They trapped the same, right? Come on man. Show me the stock Demon that trapped 140. None of them have done it other than Dodge's hero run.
+1

That drag race in high elevation has the 720s taking off late and they end up trapping the same speed 128mph. The next run tells the truth, same 128 trap for the demon and 134 for the 720s.

Detoxx03

El Cucuy
Established Member

I’m pretty sure they are taller. Regardless if the words are taller or bigger you know what I mean so stop playing dumb. They aren’t the stock drag radials. The same people praising those runs are downplaying the ZR1 running a 10.1 because it was on a drag radial and not stock tires. Can’t have it both ways.

Also I don’t have a hard on for the Demon. I’ve said plenty times I like the car and they are cool. Maybe you just chose to look over that to make it seem like I don’t like it. My biggest issue is Dodge did the car a disservice by saying it is capable of certain numbers that customers have yet to achieve and the closest ones have come with different tires, fuel, pulley, and/or tuning. So you think you know why I feel what I feel but you really had no idea.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member

Maybe. Except no one has done it in perfect conditions even though it’s been run many times already at sea level in great weather.

I was, and still am, a huge Demon fan.

Unfortunately it is simply not delivering on Dodge’s promise.

Anyone saying otherwise is a brand loyalist with blind allegiance.... plain and simple.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

_Snake_

Established Member
Maybe. Except no one has done it in perfect conditions even though it’s been run many times already at sea level in great weather.

I was, and still am, a huge Demon fan.

Anyone saying otherwise is a brand loyalist with blind allegiance.... plain and simple.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Dodge didn’t promise anything. They advertised what it’s capable of. 99.9% of the buyers seem to understand this, which makes these threads even more entertaining.

Jefe

Established Member
lol Dodge promised everyone would run 9.65s? It took thousands of runs before it ran a time and they promoted it based on that... plain and simple

You wont find 1 Demon owner that is pissed their car won't run 9.65 @ 140

Users who are viewing this thread