C8 and The Very Bad Day

speeddemon2000

Established Member
Looks like the car may of had a structural failure but I am not sure how that car is setup. I really wish that car manufactures would do a much better job with jacking points and make them sturdier and more idiot proof and harder for jacks to slip off.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Skateboarding Fail GIF by EchoBoom Sports
Ouch!!

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
Service manager: Ah, Mr. New balance...
Mr.N: yes, hello. I had my oil change done today in my fancy red douchy mobile.
SM: yes, yes, yes. Well, we have good news and some unfortunate news.
Mr.N: (furrowed brow)
SM: We, ahhh... did not complete your oil change.
Mr.N: What? It was here all day!
SM: Yes, and there's good news... There is good news! We are buying you a brand new douche-mobile. It'll be here in 10 months.

Last edited:

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Looks like the car may of had a structural failure but I am not sure how that car is setup. I really wish that car manufactures would do a much better job with jacking points and make them sturdier and more idiot proof and harder for jacks to slip off.

I imagine someone placed it on the jacks/supports as if it was a front-engine vehicle. There were several videos of these when the C8 first released. Physics took over from there. Glad nobody was under it when it fell.

blk02edge

Established Member
Meh, cars like that simply don't belong in an idiot's hands.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
Jacking pucks are a must. Also, I haven’t had the car on stands yet. Kinda strange installing headers with the car on the ground.

ArabianOak

Established Member
a few years back my local ford dealer (bunch of clowns) worked on a distant friend's orange GT500 transmission...they didn't tighten several important bolts and as he left the dealer something catastrophic happened and ripped through the center council and shred his right hand up badly...also totaled the car during this process.

they settled for a massive amount of money AND a brand new Shelby as well. I still see him from time to time and he hasn't worked since that day. I can only imagine what the personal injury lawyers made off that one...

that being said, i have RARELY witnessed a competent crew at these places. They demand top dollar for "ford/chevy certified mechanics" but what you see doesnt match up.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
hmmm, i was thinking it was on the wrong spot in the car and it finally caved and it ripped it off as it fell but I suppose it could be either way.

Yeah. The comments say it was bad positioning...but if you really look close, it looks like the arm extension broke.

blk02edge

Established Member
a few years back my local ford dealer (bunch of clowns) worked on a distant friend's orange GT500 transmission...they didn't tighten several important bolts and as he left the dealer something catastrophic happened and ripped through the center council and shred his right hand up badly...also totaled the car during this process.

they settled for a massive amount of money AND a brand new Shelby as well. I still see him from time to time and he hasn't worked since that day. I can only imagine what the personal injury lawyers made off that one...

that being said, i have RARELY witnessed a competent crew at these places. They demand top dollar for "ford/chevy certified mechanics" but what you see doesnt match up.
I feel like there must be more to this story... a transmission doesn't just rip through the steel tunnel lol

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I feel like there must be more to this story... a transmission doesn't just rip through the steel tunnel lol
didnt say what year, wonder if it was an older shelby with a manual and the clutch or pressure plate came apart, those things can definitely come apart and into the car

ArabianOak

Established Member
didnt say what year, wonder if it was an older shelby with a manual and the clutch or pressure plate came apart, those things can definitely come apart and into the car
Yes, pressure plate exploded into the trans tunnel, through the shifter and into his hand and arm. They failed to torque any of it from what I know.

blk02edge

Established Member
I don't know, I've seen pressure plates come apart at 10,000 rpm. They aren't going through a bellhousing and steel trans tunnel. My guess is the guy crashed

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
I don't know, I've seen pressure plates come apart at 10,000 rpm. They aren't going through a bellhousing and steel trans tunnel. My guess is the guy crashed

Actually plenty of pics coming up through the bellhousing, and those were installed properly.

blk02edge

Established Member
Actually plenty of pics coming up through the bellhousing, and those were installed properly.
Well I'd love to see it come right into the cockpit. Did the guy have like 1500hp and leave the dealer straight to a drag strip? I don't know... lol

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread