C8 Z06 shits the bed after 52 miles?

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Meh, I remember videos/articles of C7 z06s and a C7 zr1 doing shit like this too.

If I remember right, the zr1 grenaded coming off the delivery truck.

Unless this starts to happen a lot more, it's just a manufacturing error.

Tractorman

Greatest dad; Regional Qualifier
Established Member
Had a tractor chuck a rod or 2 thru the block at 1100 hours. Didn't expect that one, warranty took about 3 months to get it back.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I've always said, if a manufacturer wants a car really tested they should hire me. I can find the weak link in a day. I can break anything!

Ive been trying to figure out how to get hired as world's best QC person. If they have 7 defects per 1000 units, just lemme go pick 7 off the floor, they'll be down to 3 defective units

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Ive been trying to figure out how to get hired as world's best QC person. If they have 7 defects per 1000 units, just lemme go pick 7 off the floor, they'll be down to 3 defective units

Confidence intervals don't catch em all.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
I've always said, if a manufacturer wants a car really tested they should hire me. I can find the weak link in a day. I can break anything!

Dude I knew years ago had a Terminator with a personalized plate, "GRENADE".
I asked a buddy why. He said everything the dude touched exploded - lol.

Last edited:

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Dude I knew years ago had a Terminator with a personalized plate, "GRENADE".
I ask a buddy why. He said everything the dude touched exploded - lol.
Probably running an aftermarket blower w/o a tune. I remember seeing the KB stuff with the 2.2, 15LBS 5XX and so on. How many monkeys just bolted up a blower without having it tuned?

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
Probably running an aftermarket blower w/o a tune. I remember seeing the KB stuff with the 2.2, 15LBS 5XX and so on. How many monkeys just bolted up a blower without having it tuned?

Cracked the block and shattered a piston many moons ago when I swapped my S trim for YS trim Vortech on my shitbox Dakota RT. It really didn’t like that.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Cracked the block and shattered a piston many moons ago when I swapped my S trim for YS trim Vortech on my shitbox Dakota RT. It really didn’t like that.
Wanna laugh? This was way back. I milled down an old Craftsman riding mower single cylinder head and hooked up the throttle to the governor. Bitch would spit flames on the homemade straight pipe I made out of black pipe. Did take long to put a nice little hole in the crankcase.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member

Reminds me of the kid with a 3v that got a On3 turbo kit and plumbed the waste gate shut, took it for a spin on an NA 93 tune with a tank full of 87

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
Reminds me of the kid with a 3v that got a On3 turbo kit and plumbed the waste gate shut, took it for a spin on an NA 93 tune with a tank full of 87

sendittt.gif

Users who are viewing this thread