C8 Z06 shits the bed after 52 miles?

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Local guy put a supercharger on his and then found out the ecm is locked so he couldn't get it tuned. Was just tooling around one day and the motor started hammering. Sucks to be him, no warranty, obviously, and no motors available any time soon.

Sorry but this is hilarious.

"OK, we got the supercharger installed. Now let's tune it. Wait, you can't tune it? **** it let's go for a spin"

SHOdown220

Established Member
Unfortunately stuff like this happens. We had a brand new Honda accord 2.0t come off the truck with the engine knocking. Pdi caught it. Engine had oil in pan but the rest was dry.

Never found out what happened as Honda requested the entire engine sent back complete and sent us a complete unit out to install.

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
Unfortunately stuff like this happens. We had a brand new Honda accord 2.0t come off the truck with the engine knocking. Pdi caught it. Engine had oil in pan but the rest was dry.

Never found out what happened as Honda requested the entire engine sent back complete and sent us a complete unit out to install.
Sounds like the oil passages wasn't completely drilled out or the oil pickup wasn't totally installed right. Had a friends 2009 1500 Silverado with 5.3L have that happen to as the plant didn't install said pickup and so he started to have said knock after only 300 miles. So sent it in no codes and took 3 whole days before they decided to pull engine and drop the pan and go oh where is the oil pickup line at, there is none!!!! So took about 2 weeks to have a fresh new engine delivered and installed.

SHOdown220

Established Member
Sounds like the oil passages wasn't completely drilled out or the oil pickup wasn't totally installed right. Had a friends 2009 1500 Silverado with 5.3L have that happen to as the plant didn't install said pickup and so he started to have said knock after only 300 miles. So sent it in no codes and took 3 whole days before they decided to pull engine and drop the pan and go oh where is the oil pickup line at, there is none!!!! So took about 2 weeks to have a fresh new engine delivered and installed.
Yeah that’s what we figured as well but they told us to leave it alone. We had gone as far as pulling the valve cover to find the top end completely dry. Shipped us a new engine a few days later and we swapped it out.

Ended up sending that car into the rental lineup as we didn’t feel it would be right to sell it as a “new” car.

dan1982

Established Member
Go spend double on a McLaren and have even higher chances of failure then... shit happens
i have a 2023 70th anniversary regular c8..... i love the car. its surreal from a dig. It doesnt have HUGE HP on the bigend... but i didnt expect it to. i already gave my deposit for a zr1 or its equivalent when its released. i tossed around the idea of TRYING to go turbo or with calloways packages but decided against it. If they get into the ECU and the prcie of a SIMPLE blower kit/package becomes available ill spent the 12K and do it. but im not gonna throw big money modifying this car. It seems like checy doesnt want us modding them.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Ford flat plane design team:
"It's an incredible design. One catch though. It consumes a shit ton of oil and there is really no way to monitor this. Eventually it will result in engine failure."

GM flat plane design team:
"Hold my beer."

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Wanna laugh? This was way back. I milled down an old Craftsman riding mower single cylinder head and hooked up the throttle to the governor. Bitch would spit flames on the homemade straight pipe I made out of black pipe. Did take long to put a nice little hole in the crankcase.
Wanna laugh...

Years ago i took an old chaperall 340cc snowmobile that had the inlet to the carb pointing straight back at the rider...it had a plastic flap that opened and there she sat...well i decided to spray a can ether right down it while running accross the field wot....i think i made it 150-200yds before it melted down...and i mean melted down! Lol...my dad was pissed

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Wanna laugh...

Years ago i took an old chaperall 340cc snowmobile that had the inlet to the carb pointing straight back at the rider...it had a plastic flap that opened and there she sat...well i decided to spray a can ether right down it while running accross the field wot....i think i made it 150-200yds before it melted down...and i mean melted down! Lol...my dad was pissed
Yeah, that'll dry out those cylinders in a heartbeat. Bet is was a fun 10 seconds.

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
i have a 2023 70th anniversary regular c8..... i love the car. its surreal from a dig. It doesnt have HUGE HP on the bigend... but i didnt expect it to. i already gave my deposit for a zr1 or its equivalent when its released. i tossed around the idea of TRYING to go turbo or with calloways packages but decided against it. If they get into the ECU and the prcie of a SIMPLE blower kit/package becomes available ill spent the 12K and do it. but im not gonna throw big money modifying this car. It seems like checy doesnt want us modding them.
Pardon my ignorance, but is there an official power plant set for the C8 ZR1? Or just rumors?

robvas

Established Member
If they get into the ECU and the prcie of a SIMPLE blower kit/package becomes available I'll spent the 12K and do it. but im not gonna throw big money modifying this car. It seems like checy doesnt want us modding them.

Can you actually buy the Procharger kit yet?

Users who are viewing this thread