Can men and women be friends?

Sn95Snake

Established Member
For women yes, for men no. Its just impossible for us because at some point we are going to want to screw, we are natural horn dogs. Hell the only reason a guy would entertain being friends with a woman is to maybe have that friends with benefit scenario.

The only female friend a guy ever has at anytime is his g/f.

I agree with this...

FIVEHOE

Established Member
Yes, definitely. I have a very close, attractive female friend that I've known since we were freshman in high school. I've never had a thing for her yet we've gone out to dinners together, hung out in social group settings, gone on a cruise with friends, etc. I don't know if she would ever cross the physical line, but I have never considered it because she has hooked up with a few of my buddies.

Just ask her: How else are you going to become eskibro's with your homies if she doesn't let you put it in?

tell her its on your bucket list then tell her shes the asshole when she says no lol

tistan

Established Member
I tell my G/F this all the time. She thinks guys just want to be friends. I tell her guys just don't work that way. They will get a few drinks in you and if they think they have an in, they are going to **** your brains out. I tell her she can have all the guy friends she wants, but I'm not sticking around to play that game if that's how it is going to be.

2001sleeper

Established Member
exactly lol. Girls are the ones who just want to be friends with guys.

I think it should be "friends" as these scenarios only work when the guy is into the chick and the chick can use and abuse. Once the dude gets a girlfriend or the chick gets a boyfriend this "friendship" dissolves rather quickly.

For the OP, The only successful man/women friendships I have seen are the ones that have already banged and moved onto to other relationships. They are still not friends in the normal dude sense, but they are friends that don't actively want to bang one another anymore. Unless it was some good stuff and both are still attracted to eachother. hahaha I guess I am saying that there is a very slim chance for friendship.

Other than that, no such things as "we are just friends" as one will always have a sexual attraction.

2001sleeper

Established Member
but I have never considered it because she has hooked up with a few of my buddies.
Were your friends considered her friends at one time?
Sound slike she would bang if you offerred, so that means that your friendship is not platonic and not a true friendship. Alterior motives. Just because it doesn't pan out doesn't mean they aren't there.

Test this theory by having a few drinks and trying to bang her.
If you bang her I am right.
If you don't bang her we may have an exception here. But she sounds pretty slutty and you are the last notch on the belt, so I bet she goes for it.

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
What do you guys think? Can a man and a woman be friends without having any other motives other than just a straight friendship?

Simple question eh? or is it...

:read:

They can, but they usually aren't smart enough to keep it that way. Sooner or later they wind up in the sack and that is the end of the friendship.

2000gt4.6

Established Member
Wow, crazy story. Be glad she didn't stab you in your sleep or something.

Pretty much this. My long term female friends are girls that are nice and down to earth but not "hot". If a chick is a "friend" and is good looking I would have tried for more during my single years.

Yeah, and all of that happened in roughly the last semester of college lol. Crazy couple of months.

MinGrey02Stg2

Established Member
Were your friends considered her friends at one time?
Sound slike she would bang if you offerred, so that means that your friendship is not platonic and not a true friendship. Alterior motives. Just because it doesn't pan out doesn't mean they aren't there.

Test this theory by having a few drinks and trying to bang her.
If you bang her I am right.
If you don't bang her we may have an exception here. But she sounds pretty slutty and you are the last notch on the belt, so I bet she goes for it.

She has I believe kissed 4 of my close friends and gone all the way with one. They were all friends and still are. I don't know what she would do if I offered, because I just never would. Also, it definitely is a true friendship as we have been close for 15 years. We go to each other's birthday get togethers, have met each other's boyfriends/girlfriends, etc. I don't think I'm any sort of notch or goal for her and maybe she just doesn't want to put herself out there because she has seen me always date beautiful girls. Who knows... I'm good with being great friends because she's like a female version of myself so we always have a great time.

VegasMichael

Established Member
Yes. I have a few gal pals. All of whom are married. Some heterosexual women flat out admit that most women are crazy and prefer to hang out exclusively with men.

ZincYellowGT281

Established Member
158A0015-9EF5-4B4C-8DB5-BB509A41DDEE.png_zpsrzuvq0wy.jpg

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Word.

Best wingman is a woman

This. I have two that are great friends and we have banged before and now are just friends. Two of us are now married and the other moved across the US for a great job. We still talk regularly and hang out when we are all in town.

This might be an odd situation as most have stated that its one person wanting the other...that can also be true and really screw up friendships.

Speedwagon

Established Member
What do you guys think? Can a man and a woman be friends without having any other motives other than just a straight friendship?

Simple question eh? or is it...

:read:

If you can believe that .. .I'll tell you another story.

Users who are viewing this thread