Can the GT350's be supercharged? Or any type of forced induction?

krt22

Established Member
It may be stupid in your eyes to you but not to the OP.

Look man, some people go to top steak house and order a USDA prime Filet well done. Doesnt make any damn sense and completely ruins the entire point of the cut of meat, but doesnt stop them from doing it.

Last edited:

F8L SN8K

Established Member
I agree with that statement as my wife does that when we go to Janko's. I tell her the same thing as it ruins in my opinion the very reason to order that cut. She says that's just how she likes her steak cooked. Her preference and she gets it how she wants it. It does not compute with me. However it does not compute with her why I don't get my steak cooked enough in her opinion as its "gross"

The same argument can be had with political views, sexual orientation, marriage, etc..

Side note: I think back to a Chris Rock joke about single mothers always leaving their man over a simple disagreement because she can do it all on her own. She doesn't need anyone else and can raise a child alone. You can stop a car by dragging your feet too but it doesn't make it a good idea.

You pay your money and you make your choices.

Last edited:

F8L SN8K

Established Member
IMO the flat plane crank also goes into that category of you can do it for this car but it doesn't make it a good idea. They didn't have to do it to make the power goal or RPM. Proof is they already had a proven combination that already did and passed the durability requirements with the NA Cobra Jet engine.

However it is a great marketing tool. How many Rev videos have you seen? The sound attracts lots of people. The "exotic" engine design attracts some of the exotic car owners. The handling attracts handling fanatics.

Its great engineering and being marketed wonderfully. Just goes to show you there is more to an automobile then just numbers on a page.

F8L SN8K

Established Member
Why would someone supercharge a GT350?

Why does a dog lick himself?

Because they can…

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
While I agree FI doesn't make sense for this car, I much rather see a FI GT350 that's being driven than people who will buy it to have it rot in a garage.

az20115.0

Established Member
its a stupid question for many reasons. one of which is that due to most Mustang owners (I believe) having some sort of a fetish with superchargers, (perhaps because in the 4.6L days that was about all you could do to even keep up with brand X), most if not all Mustang owners should know that if a car has an engine, you can FI it, period. Will it blow up? Maybe.. Is it always a good idea? no, especially in the case of the GT350.. and now that finally Ford is giving us engines that can actually keep up and in most cases destroy brand X and Y all on their own, using their excellent design, giving the Ford guys something to brag about without taking the easy way out by supercharging everything..., many Mustang owners are still stuck to their supercharger fetish! Superchargers arent even a good way to to boost a car, any car. Let alone a FPC 100+ hp per liter 8k rpm engine that was designed for a track car in which balance is key for great lap times.. so yes, its a stupid question..

Para81

Established Member
Agreed, and let it be clear that anyone who thinks they can make this engine "better" with their awesome engineering skills is also going to be wearing the dummy hat. :-D

You don't mess with a work of art. Keep that crap in the 5.0 section.

Last edited:

F8L SN8K

Established Member
PS. The NA 4.6 4v in one of the race cars in our shop made 586hp and revs to 9,200. Using specialty pcs we engineered, machined and built by us. Not bad for 284ci and flat top pistons. But I'm sure it wouldn't pass Fords 150,000mile durability test.

Last edited:

Lemers

Established Member
PS. The NA 4.6 4v in one of the race cars in our shop made 586hp and revs to 9,200. Using specialty pcs we engineered, machined and built by us. Not bad for 284ci and flat top pistons. But I'm sure it wouldn't pass Fords 150,000mile durability test.

And that's the pint of this thread....

I'm sure someone will build a super charger or turbo kit for the 5.2 engine. But will it run for 150k miles or 15 miles is the question?

az20115.0

Established Member

Well thats nice except 1. thats a race engine in a race application that probably wouldnt pass 1000 mile durability test. 2. I would love to see an engine like that or anything close to that in any street mustang in the world 3. I have never seen anything over 400 whp out of a 4.6 that stayed a 4.6 NA and if anyone has any proof otherwise, please post it here and 4. its common knowledge that the 4.6l is kind of a turd, to the mustang community and just about everyone else, which is why people have to use superchargers to mask that turd.

Last edited:

F8L SN8K

Established Member
And that's the pint of this thread....

I'm sure someone will build a super charger or turbo kit for the 5.2 engine. But will it run for 150k miles or 15 miles is the question?

I didn't see in the original post that it also had to make the 150k durability test. They just asked if it could be done. Not should it by everyone's opinion.

Yes it can but its not idea.

And the 4.6 wasn't bad. You can make them run well NA just required a different line of thinking and some coin. FI just is a cheap easy bolt-on to make a stupid amount of power.

onefastmf

Established Member
You guys are killing me!! Its a mustang!! How many of these cars are going to make it to a road track??? I bet bet not many and surely not on a regular basis, so who gives a flying f***. Guess what happens when i get in my bosses lamborghini aventador, it doesn't impress me and i just make fun of him because i just drag his ass!!! Its a sick ass car no doubt and make me want to touch myself, but in today world the power is not crazy, so many cars are making big power for little money and most people just want a little more. I don't care if it was a 4.0L making 500hp!! i think its just another car, who cares, can't want to see one on the street and embarrass the hell out it. And no, you will not catch me on a road track, because its not my thing, or my cars.

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
So, buy one, remove the motor, replace it with a regular Coyote 5.0 or a Windsor, then boost the crap out of it. Do you guys not realize that the LOW-TENSION PISTON RINGS alone are a horrible thing for boost pressure?! If you want to supercharge a car, GET A DIFFERENT ONE!

It's not that I care what someone does with their own money, it's that this is a STUPID engine to do it with. Can nobody get that through their heads? You will most likely grenade the engine in a very short time because the basic design is the absolute antithesis of boost-friendliness. But please, all you abusers of free will, please please please supercharge your GT350 just to prove that you can do it. I beg you to do it. Do it, and then post pictures all over the internet just to rub all of our noses in it.

I'm saying not to do it because I'm trying to help people avoid a lot of expense and heartache. I couldn't care less if someone wants to do something differently than I would, it's just that THIS particular idea is a very bad one. The car is not about straight line speed and four-figure horsepower numbers, it's simply not built for it. It isn't even a good starting point for those things. It would make more sense to get a regular GT or a used GT500 if you wanted that. I don't understand why this is such a difficult concept to grasp.

Last edited:

Para81

Established Member
You guys are killing me!! Its a mustang!! How many of these cars are going to make it to a road track??? I bet bet not many and surely not on a regular basis, so who gives a flying f***. Guess what happens when i get in my bosses lamborghini aventador, it doesn't impress me and i just make fun of him because i just drag his ass!!! Its a sick ass car no doubt and make me want to touch myself, but in today world the power is not crazy, so many cars are making big power for little money and most people just want a little more. I don't care if it was a 4.0L making 500hp!! i think its just another car, who cares, can't want to see one on the street and embarrass the hell out it. And no, you will not catch me on a road track, because its not my thing, or my cars.

Lol

Apart from the new Ford GT, the Shelby GT350 is the most exotic car to come out of the United States in years maybe decades - review the specs and then get back to us.

Voltwings

Established Member
You guys are killing me!! Its a mustang!! How many of these cars are going to make it to a road track??? I bet bet not many and surely not on a regular basis, so who gives a flying f***.

Its a matter of perspective. I have never seen anyone from Zimbabwe, but i have also never even been to Zimbabwe ... catch my drift? Far more people track their mustangs than you seem to think.

F8L SN8K

Established Member
Exotic or not, it doesn't mean it's perfect for everyone.

What we are seeing in this thread is personality trait differences.

Users who are viewing this thread