Car is here, but I have mixed emotions

3Laser3

Established Member
So I got a call early yesterday morning, after 4 hrs of sleep, from the car transport company saying that my mustang is ready for delivery in 15 minutes. I was really excited because they were here a day earlier than I thought and I could take care of everything to get it registered with DMV. I went to get it smogged and it failed because they said the computer needs to be reset and to fix this I need to drive the car 50-100 miles through the "drive cycle." Then it should pass. They said the battery was probably unhooked or was dead. Cost me $9 and got to go back and they're gonna charge me $15 if it passes.

So I was kinda upset about that, but since my car has no plates, I need to take care of this stuff asap so I don't get pulled over. I went to DMV to get a moving permit which is good for 30 days. I was at DMV for 4 hours just to get this thing and I have to go back again once my car passes smog to actually register the car. Frustrated! :fm: I had to wait in the information line for 3 1/2 hrs with 1 hr standing outside DMV because the line was so long. It only took 20min after the information desk.

Sorry, but needed to vent.

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
hey man hang in there...the DMV is notoriously bad for customer service, but please be patient...they are very overworked and deal with the BS that a lot of the public brings to them.
I had to wait 10 days to even drive 400 miles to get my car as the title was released by the bank and the previous owner was waiting for it to arrive at his house. It was torture, but now looking back it was all worth it like Ludamike says...

mrose75

Established Member
wtf does that even mean?

Yeah, I didn't get it either....:shrug:

But that would frustrate the hell out of me as well. Good luck, hope it goes a little more smoothly for you.

Last edited by a moderator:

purdueranger

Established Member
That sucks about the wait at the DMV. I have one by work and the longest I have stood around waiting is 2 min. It's never crowded when you go through the place at shift change in a manufacturing town.

jimbob8915

Established Member
I dont care for the DMV but it is alot better than it ued to be. We in Tulare California now get a number and can sit an wait instead of standing. 1 hour to re-register 3 weeks ago. Had to do bi-annual smog and waited till last minute.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I know it sucks and is aggravating, but it is true that if the battery was disconnected the computer has to go through the drive cycle. There was actually another thread today discuss this very thing. You'll have everything in order soon enough. Then the real fun begins.

3Laser3

Established Member
I dont care for the DMV but it is alot better than it ued to be. We in Tulare California now get a number and can sit an wait instead of standing. 1 hour to re-register 3 weeks ago. Had to do bi-annual smog and waited till last minute.

I had to wait 3 1/2 hours to get my number. Then it took 20 min. until I got helped and it took 10 mins to get my moving permit.

Users who are viewing this thread