Carbinite pulley on a DD

Tx5.0

Established Member
What sucks is, they dont make a 8 rib kit with a 3 bolt water pump pulley or a 3 bolt water pump pulley to use with the ATI HB 20% over... Anyone with a 2014 and some 2013 models cant upgrade to anything... unless you find a used 4 bolt water pump...

Vortech does make a 3 bolt water pump pulley, I don't think its listed on their site but they do have them.

When I swapped to the aluminator it had 3 bolt pulley, but my 8 rib kit had the 4 bolt. I called them up and fixed the issue.

Krace

Established Member
Vortech does make a 3 bolt water pump pulley, I don't think its listed on their site but they do have them.

When I swapped to the aluminator it had 3 bolt pulley, but my 8 rib kit had the 4 bolt. I called them up and fixed the issue.

Good to know! But i wish JPC would make a smaller 3 bolt water pump pulley for the 20% over HB...

justinsstang

Established Member
I was considering doing a 3.15 carbinite pulley from the 3.33 for a DD while leaving the 9.7psi spring in just to reach peak boost even faster. After seeing that belt after 10k miles, however, no thanks. Changing the belt is a pita with the Paxton and I don't want to have to do it any more than I have to lol.

That said, maybe leave the 3.33 on and get the 20% OD pulley? This is a DD stock bottom end car.

I've read it's not recommended to run the 3.15 (20% OD in this case) with the wastegate on stock motor but I never understood the problem with it. It's no different than a TVS on 10psi which peaks torque immediately at an even lower rpm, so whats the issue with that setup?

ttt

Users who are viewing this thread