Carroll Shelby says 700HP with pully change

Fourcam330

Established Member
rphinney said:
So show us the information that shows they are the same exact heads used on the GT? All you know how do to is call people names and talk out your ass.

I get paid to write in the field of automotive related tech. Detailed information including pictures of all the heads, will be available in my new book: "How to Build Big Inch 4.6/5.4L Modular Motors". I'll mail you a copy so you can drool over the GT/R/GT500 head shots ;-)

As for your comment about adding nitrous to the GT 500, your right you could put N2O on both. Just as you could put a blower on the LS7 motor and watch it walk the GT 500 like the old man bitch car that it is (would you like some chili with that). The Z06 is running mid 11's naturally aspirated. The GT needs 12 psi of twin screw boost to run mid 11's, how do you possible think a car that is heavier and has a lesser engine and blower is going to be in the same league as the LS7 powered Z06. :kaboom:

Yeah throw a blower on an 11.5:1 motor dipshit. ROFL. Lesser engine? LOL, the GT500 is a lesser car compared to the C6 Z06 as it should be for half the price, however the motor is on par or better than the Chebby's regarding easily attainable performance. Sad for you, but true none the less.
Also, I really wonder how much boost the LS7 "could" hold as it's block is already stroked and poked to the max with extended cylinder sleeves and not much gasket sealing area between bores.

Either way, my point is that until we see something IN WRITING that says the heads are the same as that of the Ford GT I wouldn't count on it. Maybe such an article or press release exists if so just point us in that direction. But before you go off calling people grade school names and spouting off HP numbers don't you think you should have concrete evidence to back it up?

The info exists and has been printed by several reputable sources. It's not my fault you refuse to accept reality. I ask again, are you really that dumb to think they'd design a brand new head just for this car? :lol1:

After all you are already backpedaling, after what you said while the twin screw was on the car. At this point I'd be surprised if Ford doesnt decide it only needs two wheels and turn it into a motorcycle.

Yep I was backpedaling and the GT500 will only have two wheels. My God are you useless. Do me a favor and link me to any piece of useful information you've ever posted. :rollseyes

Last edited:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
rphinney said:
Just as you could put a blower on the LS7 motor and watch it walk the GT 500 like the old man bitch car that it is (would you like some chili with that).

I would surely hope a 70k car could whip a 40k car's ass?!?! :rollseyes

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
rphinney said:
So show us the information that shows they are the same exact heads used on the GT? All you know how do to is call people names and talk out your ass.

Either way, my point is that until we see something IN WRITING that says the heads are the same as that of the Ford GT I wouldn't count on it. Maybe such an article or press release exists if so just point us in that direction. But before you go off calling people grade school names and spouting off HP numbers don't you think you should have concrete evidence to back it up?

I really don't care if you believe me or fourcam when we say the heads are GT heads but I can tell you that we don't appreciate your attitude....fourcam knows his shit and has proved it countless times so don't be trying to discredit him by demanding proof

he has his Ford sources and I have mine...I have personally seen them on the engine and so has he, I imagine

I also saw the FORD GT logo on the casting and was told specifically that the only difference was the cams

I suggest you STFU and wait until January when concrete evidence can be provided (if not before then...)

Last edited:

Dave07997S

Established Member
Captain Beyond said:
FYI the GT has run low 11s in the 1/4 as per a couple of mag roadtests. :read: Yeah it's equipped with FI, but it needs it because of the 100 cube disadvantage it has to the Z.

Evan Smith of MM&FF fame ran a 10.8 in a Ford GT...Dave

Fourcam330

Established Member
JB said:
I really don't care if you believe me or fourcam when we say the heads are GT heads but I can tell you that we don't appreciate your attitude....fourcam knows his shit and has proved it countless times so don't be trying to discredit him by demanding proof

he has his Ford sources and I have mine...I have personally seen them on the engine and so has he, I imagine

I also saw the FORD GT logo on the casting and was told specifically that the only difference was the cams

I suggest you STFU and wait until January when concrete evidence can be provided (if not before then...)

I could say the same about JB, his sources have been dead on.
So Rob, why is it you're always eager to piss in a GT500 fans cheerios? Whenever anyone makes a positive comment about the GT500 you shoot off on a tanget about how the new $80K Z06 is that much better; evidently forgetting that the cars aren't even in the same class--try to fit three other people in a Vette. Have you heard anyone dispute that? As already stated for the money it damn well should be. That however doesn't change the fact that the GT500 and it's powerplant (with amazing GT heads) are going to offer some outstanding bang for the buck.
You're once again portraying the typical Vette owner persona, and it's getting really old. :dw: Too bad you live on the other coast, I'd love to wipe the smile off your 480rw FRC with a POS N/A 5.4. :poke:

rphinney

Established Member
JB said:

I am the one with the attitude?
Did I call anyone a dipshit? Retarded? The dumbest shit on the forum?
All I asked was where there was written evidence they would be GT heads? I think with all that has changed on this car there is surely reason to be skeptical.

Fourcam you know so much about cars why don't you stick to that and leave the name calling to tough guy internet racers then.

Stock for stock the Z06 is going to put a hurting on the GT 500 and keep pace with the 150K+ supercar, and to it without a blower. What part of that does anyone disagree with?

Ford will do anything and everything to keep the GT 500 non moddable, granted they may not be able to do it, seeing the hard time they give everyone with SVT vehicles why does this seem so hard to understand.

Fourcam you know where I stand I don't wanna read your book I want to run that 5.5 'Stang of yours is it built yet or still in production. :rollseyes

rphinney

Established Member
Fourcam330 said:
I could say the same about JB, his sources have been dead on.
So Rob, why is it you're always eager to piss in a GT500 fans cheerios? Whenever anyone makes a positive comment about the GT500 you shoot off on a tanget about how the new $80K Z06 is that much better; evidently forgetting that the cars aren't even in the same class--try to fit three other people in a Vette. Have you heard anyone dispute that? As already stated for the money it damn well should be. That however doesn't change the fact that the GT500 and it's powerplant (with amazing GT heads) are going to offer some outstanding bang for the buck.
You're once again portraying the typical Vette owner persona, and it's getting really old. :dw: Too bad you live on the other coast, I'd love to wipe the smile off your 480rw FRC with a POS N/A 5.4. :poke:

You could say the same about chevy's old LS6 style head, after all these heads where allowing 405 HP with two valves and a single cam. Your bang for the buck argument is a good one I think I'll steal it in comparing the GT to the 2 or 3 Z06's you could buy for the same price.

"Typical Vette" owner huh? I think I would surprise you.
Funny I've had my vette for over two years now and never stereotyped anyone who drives a F-body or Mustang or whatever. But it never fails that since I drive a vette everyone wants to make assumptions, I don't take it to heart so really keep it coming.

Fact is I own a Chevy and a Ford, so I'm not sure what you mean by typical vette owner.
O well.

Fourcam330

Established Member
rphinney said:
I am the one with the attitude?
Did I call anyone a dipshit? Retarded? The dumbest shit on the forum?
All I asked was where there was written evidence they would be GT heads? I think with all that has changed on this car there is surely reason to be skeptical.

You've seen it before regarding the heads, do a search yourself, I'm not doing your legwork for you.

Fourcam you know so much about cars why don't you stick to that and leave the name calling to tough guy internet racers then.

Like I said, your insistance and persistance in coping off about the Z06 is annoying.

Stock for stock the Z06 is going to put a hurting on the GT 500 and keep pace with the 150K+ supercar, and to it without a blower. What part of that does anyone disagree with?

You're not hearing me because I just said the same thing.

Ford will do anything and everything to keep the GT 500 non moddable, granted they may not be able to do it, seeing the hard time they give everyone with SVT vehicles why does this seem so hard to understand.

Because Ford really didn't lose their ass in warranty related bottom end deaths. Yeah it makes complete sense for Ford to handicap their sub $100K performance flagship. :dw:

Fourcam you know where I stand I don't wanna read your book I want to run that 5.5 'Stang of yours is it built yet or still in production. :rollseyes

Motor is ready, unfortunately for both of us, I don't think I'll be in CA very soon. Coming out East anytime in the near future?

CaDDy

Banned
rphinney said:

Wow you are real good at typing and not reading responses: :rollseyes
Maybe the reason the GT needs a blower is b/c the Z06 has more than a litre of displacent advantage and the 427 Ls2 is already bored to within .00001mm of the next cylinder. (exaggeration).

At the most extreme modding a Gt-500 will be just as hard as getting a good tune for the C6Z06, its not out, it wont be out for a while...but you can be damn sure some aftermarket racing developement team will surely break the Ls7 engine codes and other goodies.

rphinney

Established Member
I'll make it out there sometime. Or maybe sometime we could meet in the middle. I'd run you all motor of course.

Although more firepower arrived last week, I have sinned and will be going on the bottle soon, looking for 600 to the wheels.

Fourcam330

Established Member
rphinney said:
You could say the same about chevy's old LS6 style head, after all these heads where allowing 405 HP with two valves and a single cam. Your bang for the buck argument is a good one I think I'll steal it in comparing the GT to the 2 or 3 Z06's you could buy for the same price.

So now you're talking about used cars? :dw: BTW, you'll be excited to know that a stock shortblock 4.6 just cracked 410rw only spinning to 7200rpm with a rather mild cam/headwork combo. That's with weaknut stock 9.85:1 C/R to boot. Pretty sporty for 281 inches, or 346 for that matter.

"Typical Vette" owner huh? I think I would surprise you.
Funny I've had my vette for over two years now and never stereotyped anyone who drives a F-body or Mustang or whatever. But it never fails that since I drive a vette everyone wants to make assumptions, I don't take it to heart so really keep it coming.

I'm not making assumptions, just stating my opinion on your attitude based on what I've read in this Forum.

Last edited:

Fourcam330

Established Member
rphinney said:
I'll make it out there sometime. Or maybe sometime we could meet in the middle. I'd run you all motor of course.

Although more firepower arrived last week, I have sinned and will be going on the bottle soon, looking for 600 to the wheels.

We can run motor vs. motor and spray vs. spray. Keep me posted if you've got plans to head this direction and I'll do the same on my end.

rphinney

Established Member
Caddy92 said:
Wow you are real good at typing and not reading responses: :rollseyes
Maybe the reason the GT needs a blower is b/c the Z06 has more than a litre of displacent advantage and the 427 Ls2 is already bored to within .00001mm of the next cylinder. (exaggeration).

At the most extreme modding a Gt-500 will be just as hard as getting a good tune for the C6Z06, its not out, it wont be out for a while...but you can be damn sure some aftermarket racing developement team will surely break the Ls7 engine codes and other goodies.

Yeah I hear alot of suoercar owners complaining about how their N/A small diplacement cars need forced induction to make power, The F360, F430 and Gallardo owners are all complaining that for $200K they want a blower on their car, certainly it is impossible to make those types of numbers all motor, what does Ford think these people are rich or something.

Many people have built 441 ci LS motors before.
And the 427 is the LS7 motor not the LS2.

Fourcam330

Established Member
rphinney said:
Yeah I hear alot of suoercar owners complaining about how their N/A small diplacement cars need forced induction to make power, The F360, F430 and Gallardo owners are all complaining that for $200K they want a blower on their car, certainly it is impossible to make those types of numbers all motor, what does Ford think these people are rich or something.

You're looking a gift horse in the mouth by implying forced induction is a bad thing; when did you adopt the 01L2 logic about FI? LOL let's count the supercars with factory FI: McLaren SLR, Ferrari F40, Bugatti EB110, Jag. XJ220, Chrysler ME412, Porsche 959, AMG CL65, Bentleys/Rolls, 911 Turbos, etc, etc. etc. TT kits exist for F50s/F60s because some find them too slow N/A. Hell, even Neons are fast these days simply because of FI.
Why is a twin screw all Aluminum 5.4L 4V that can make (I'm really not making this up Rob) 700rw and tq essentially maxing out the blower, such a bad thing? FWIW, Modular motors on the whole are much more reliable/durable than those exotic Ferrari motors you mentioned. Aside from the early production problems that were a direct result of it's ultra quick ride to market, the GT motors are going to prove very reliable. The dry sump oiling system is outstanding, as is the substantially revised and beefed up cooling capability, and the new 356 Al block is good for 2000HP. It's over 1" thick in sections around the bore. The factory forged crank (1400HP/7500rpm capable), 4340 forged H beams with 7/16" rod bolts (7000rpm/750-800HP, Z06 killer spins his blown 5.4 to 7500rpm with these rods), and forged Mahle pistons are all known commodities as well:thumbsup:
BTW, whatever cams the GT500 has can easily be replaced with GT sticks (perhaps when swapping on the twin screw?) for $150 per set from Ford. I'd go Crower custom billet, but that's just me;) The stock valvetrain and springs can take .520" lift and 7000rpm all day long and have proven to be an excellent in RR apps. ala the '00R. I'm sure the bottom end, forged crank, rods/forged I beams by Mahle, and pistons again forged Mahles will be capable of 6500rpm NP. We know the blocks (non NVH Fe's) are capable of 1434HP before the bores deform--can't say that about the Chevy. Ford's not going to deviate much if at all from the positive displacement blown 03/04 Cobra and Ford GT ~8.5:1 static C/R status quo. Talk all the smack you want, but it's a stout motor, blower and all.

Many people have built 441 ci LS motors before.
And the 427 is the LS7 motor not the LS2.

Yes, but they've never been in a production car. Should be interesting, I can't wait to see how they do after 50K or so.

Last edited:

LR 01 Cobra

Founding Member
Established Member
Benaa said:
I'm sorry, make the drive pulley (crank pulley) larger, would increase boost. Larger drive or smaller driven pulley (blower pulley).

That's going to be tricky! Only 10mm clearance around the lower. I'm not saying it will be impossible just a hell of a lot harder that on the 03/04 cars. If someone already pointed this out sorry, I was to lazy to read this whole post.

Tim

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
rphinney said:

How can you even compare two cars that aren't even in the same zip code!?!? :rollseyes :fart:

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Guys, guys, guys....

Lets not compare the two. This always seems to happen. A 40k car has no business competeing against a 70k car and vice versa. They are two completely different cars, for two completely different purposes. Do you think that many people will actually cross-shop these two cars.

Two sweet cars for people with different tastes. Whats not to enjoy

Users who are viewing this thread