Carry Gun

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
A bit of an aside but I have some holsters laying around for some of those mentioned if anyone wants them. Gratis but you cover postage. Alien IWB for Shield and leather IWB for Sig 238. PM me if you want.

Machdup1

Established Member
I went through a few pea shooters to settle on what I wanted to carry, and was all over the board. I'm fairly big, and wear loose clothes, so I had options.

- XDS .45acp, sold
- XDM Compact .45acp, traded
-Glock 30 SF- Great shooter, but too big for my tastes to carry, sold
-S&W Bodyguard 380 - sold
-Ruger LC 380 - traded
-Ruger LC 9s Pro - sold
-Ruger LCP- wouldn't manually cycle ammo, terrible trigger... sold
-Kahr CW 380 - 11 ounces. still have
- G19 gen 4 - I rattle through doors with a double stack, and don't fit in chairs
-G43 - my sweet spot right here.
-Sig P365 - sold it the day I got it. Grip is too small for me, and the G43 is just a great shooter.

LOL. We all go through the progression of carry pistols.

Bersa 380 - Blew up in my hand
S&W 915 - Great gun, but to heavy
Kimber Ultra Carry - Great Gun, to heavy
Bodyguard 9mm - Decent Gun, carried for a while
Glock 19 - Great Gun, too bulky for summer
Sig 220 - Good gun, never loved it
Glock 42 - I forget its there in either pocket carry or OWB (untucked shirt)

nfamous

Established Member
This just got done with it
20180607_134813.jpeg
20180607_135224.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G955U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
M&P Shield 9mm. They just came out with a Gen 2, has a better grip. Naturally I bought mine "on sale" before they went on super duper sale and came out with the Gen 2. But regardless, I put the extended grip clip on it with the feather for my pinky and set of sticky wrap around grips.

It's light weight, has a slide safety, and a chamber indicator. All I need. I'd of bought a 40 version but 40 is so dang expensive.. and if I'm in a situation where 9mm can't get it done, I probably wouldn't be using a hand gun in the first place lol.
My daily carry is an M&P Shield 9mm (Performance Center version). The size is perfect as I carry OWB. I have an HK VP9SK which I prefer for shooting, but it's just enough bigger to make concealment under my shirt a bit more difficult. So for carry purposes, I am more than pleased with my Shield 9mm. No plans to make any changes.

ZWilson07

Established Member
S&W Bodyguard or Ruger LCP 2 both pocket carry.

I have had a little bit of everything but so far this is what has worked best for me. I have got to the point that the most important thing for me to be able to do is "actually" carry on an everyday basis and without having to "dress around" the pistols to much. Even with appendix carry it seemed like it was always a big compromise with what I was wearing. Now I roll on with one of em in my right front pocket, a spare mag or 2 in the left front pocket and they generally blend right in with 90% of what I wear without being uncomfortable. Dress pants, wranglers, cargo shorts, etc. Took me a long time to get to this point but at least carrying something everyday, beats a more capable pistol occasionally.

Gt500MV7

I carry both a Glock 9mm on my leg and a the Glock 27 with two 23 round Duty ammo in the car. I drive a 2012 GT500 color Kona Blue metallic and I’ll be damn if someone try’s to take my hard earned Retirement toy. You should invest in some sort of laser. . Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

HEMIHUNTER

Established Member
S.A. Range Officer compact w/7round flush fit mag( comes with a 6). G30sf both carried OWB, untucked shirt or .357 lcr pocket carry

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread