Cashless society

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I am not much for shit from Dave Ramsey some of his stuff is decent but a lot of it is simply unobtanium for the average joe. I am even less of a fan of conspiracy theories but this article by Ramsey is pretty much spot on. It does leave out the effect going cashless will have on the poor however :

HERES WHAT NO CASH ACTUALLY MEANS:
1f447_1f3fd.png
1f447_1f3fd.png
1f447_1f3fd.png
1f447_1f3fd.png

A cashless society means no cash. Zero. It doesn’t mean mostly cashless and you can still use a ‘bit of cash here & there’. Cashless means fully digital, fully traceable, fully controlled. I think those who support a cashless society aren’t fully aware of what they are asking for. A cashless society means:
* If you are struggling with your mortgage on a particular month, you can’t do an odd job to get you through.
* Your child can’t go & help the local farmer to earn a bit of summer cash.
* No more cash slipped into the hands of a child as a good luck charm or from their grandparent when going on holidays.
* No more money in birthday cards.
* No more piggy banks for your child to collect pocket money & to learn about the value of earning.
* No more cash for a rainy day fund or for that something special you have been putting $20 a week away for.
* No more charity collections.
* No more selling bits & pieces from your home that you no longer want/need for a bit of cash in return.
* No more cash gifts from relatives or loved ones.
What a cashless society does guarantee:
* Banks have full control of every single penny you own.
* Every transaction you make is recorded.
* All your movements & actions are traceable.
* Access to your money can be blocked at the click of a button when/if banks need ‘clarification’ from you which will take about 2 weeks, a thousand questions answered & many passwords.
* You will have no choice but to declare & be taxed on every dollar in your possession.
* If your transactions are deemed in any way questionable, by those who create the questions, your money will be frozen, ‘for your own good’.
Forget about cash being dirty. Stop being so easily led. Cash has been around for a very, very, very long time & it gives you control over how you trade with the world. It gives you independence. I heard a story where a man supposedly contracted Covid because of a $20 bill he had handled. There is the same chance of Covid being on a card as being on cash. If you cannot see how utterly ridiculous this assumption is, then there is little hope.
If you are a customer, pay with cash. If you are a shop owner, remove those ridiculous signs that ask people to pay by card. Cash is a legal tender, it is our right to pay with cash. Banks are making it increasingly difficult to lodge cash & that has nothing to do with a virus, nor has this ‘dirty money’ trend.
Please open your eyes. Please stop believing everything you are being told. Almost every single topic in today’s world is tainted with corruption & hidden agendas. Please stop telling me & others like me that we are what’s wrong with the world when you hail the most corrupt members of society as your heroes. Politics & greed is what is wrong with the world; not those who are trying to alert you to the reality in which you are blindly floating along whilst being immobilized by irrational fear. Fear created to keep you doing & believing in exactly what you are complacently doing.
Pay with cash & please say no to a cashless society while you still have the choice.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I agree with most of that but there are several examples where paypal, venmo etc... would allow to you pay/be paid for things basically the same as cash.

It's also been proven the further you get away from cash the less value money has in your mind. When you're using a credit card it's not the same impact as counting $100 and handing it over. If they get you into using points and such people are even more willing to spend.

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
People need to get educated on the dangers of the government when a US crypto currency is rolled out. Its safety will be touted to gain approval, then the truth will be learned the hard way.

The ability to track and control every transaction.

It's much better to learn about this now and say no.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

IA Shelby

Established Member
Just think how much tax revenues would go up and drug sales and illegal activities would be harder to pass.

follow the money.

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
Just think how much tax revenues would go up and drug sales and illegal activities would be harder to pass.

follow the money.
And how those in power could use the information to crush opponents insuring their rule.

The internet is bad enough going forward.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Coosawjack

Established Member
Return to the "GOLD STANDARD" will not be "cashless"......IMHO!!;):)

New "currency" so.....BEWARE Drug Cartels and corrupt Politicians!!:D

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Yes THIS....... Hit nail on head. If I break out (5) $20's and see a $100 im less likely to spend that then just swapping it...... no freakn doubt!

It's also been proven the further you get away from cash the less value money has in your mind. When you're using a credit card it's not the same impact as counting $100 and handing it over. If they get you into using points and such people are even more willing to spend.

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
Great post OP! Ramsey said it well. I agree 100%. Cards and bar-codes are handy, but cashless is bad at every level.

q6543

Established Member
Lol at any one of us being able to do anything about it.

Digital lockdown is here.. globally.
Enjoy denial... then anger..bargaining... and finally come to acceptance.

It's what the people with real power want.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
I forget which country, but I know it was in Africa. They (meaning at least some people) use cell phone minutes. Everyone has at least a flip phone. Minutes are a set thing, say 10 minutes for $4. You want to buy a goat off your neighbor, but don't want to take a bus into town to use the ATM? The goat costs $20...you just send your neighbor 50 minutes, which you can do via texting. Done deal, no fees, safe transaction, everyone is happy.

When you're using a credit card it's not the same impact as counting $100 and handing it over. If they get you into using points and such people are even more willing to spend.

For the masses, I'll agree, but I've never once thought like that. I don't understand how someone can even think like that. $50 is $50 is $50. It doesn't matter if it's a check, an actual $50 bill or a credit card swipe. It's $50.

But clearly I understand my thinking is a minority when you look at Americans and credit car debt. 15+ years here and I've never paid any.

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
I forget which country, but I know it was in Africa. They (meaning at least some people) use cell phone minutes. Everyone has at least a flip phone. Minutes are a set thing, say 10 minutes for $4. You want to buy a goat off your neighbor, but don't want to take a bus into town to use the ATM? The goat costs $20...you just send your neighbor 50 minutes, which you can do via texting. Done deal, no fees, safe transaction, everyone is happy.

I think it's Uganda or one of it's neighbors that does that. I know it is in that general location.

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
Lol at any one of us being able to do anything about it.

Digital lockdown is here.. globally.
Enjoy denial... then anger..bargaining... and finally come to acceptance.

It's what the people with real power want.

You need to come out to the Amish community and tell them this as they'll politely tell you to move on English (non Amish). Then say how dumb, stupid and ignorant you are in lazy German (Dutch). As they do cash, trades, and favors (I'll fix your fence gate while you fix my busted hay wagon wheel/tire. in exchanges and commerce. Yeah I don't see this happening around my parts at all and the banks would know it as about 75% of their customer base would evaporate overnight if this was enacted.

q6543

Established Member
Nearly everything around me stopped accepting cash 2 weeks ago.
Due to national coin shortage... whatever TF that is.

If you got cash you better get it in a bank stat and tie it to a debit card.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Interesting article. Well, 99% of my monthly bills are paid direct through my bank. No cash. No checks. My paycheck is a direct deposit. 99.9% of my daily personal financial transactions (clothes, groceries, gas, restaurants, household stuff, personal items, entertainment, etc.) are paid by credit card. I literally might see a total of $20-$30 in cash in my wallet each month. So yeah, at least in my case I am pretty much cashless.

Users who are viewing this thread