cat was poisoned

tallfreak

Just a newb
Established Member
I am not going to read the whole thread, but I am sure there is a lot of flaming going on.

I think it depends on where you live. In my neighborhood it is not a big deal to let your cat roam because there is very little traffic and the houses are far apart. Nobody ever complains about my cat. Now one day my dog got loose and took a shit on the neighbors porch, and there was a lot of complaining.

With that said you should have found a way to keep your cat inside or in your yard because someone was complaining about it. If everyone was cool with it, fine, but you said your neighbor was tired of cats in their yard. A good neighbor would have tried to solve the problem.

NA97GT

Established Member
I suggest you fly out to Cody and try it for real, Cat Lover.

P.S. If you let your girlfriend's cat shit in your house but keep your own cat outside, you are pussy whipped.

Reading is obviously not a strength of yours. I was using your car as an example, you obviously didnt get it. The cat was my girlfriends cat (the only cat we have) I have a dog, Im a dog lover get it right.

TO ALL
This thread was intended to be about a person making a threat about commiting a crime, now it appears that a crime may have been commited. Do not try to justify why breaking the law is ok, here in Arizona cruality to animals is against the law.

FSSNK

Established Member
Cruelty to animals should be a crime anywhere in the world!

NA97GT

Established Member
This link is from the city website and deals with this topic. I can let the cat outside legally, and she should have tried to contact me if there was a problem. Also they state that crualty to animals is a serious offense.
http://www.chandleraz.gov/Content/ResponsiblePetOwnership.pdf

Quoted from link
"With cats, as in the case of dogs, the City of
Chandler adheres to those animal control laws
adopted by Maricopa County.
For a variety of reasons, cats are placed in
a different animal control category from dogs
There are few laws relating specifically to cats
which makes responsible pet ownership even
more important.
Roaming cats have become an increasing
problem in the City of Chandler. If you are
experiencing problems with cats roaming on
your property, the City of Chandler recommends
talking to the pet’s owner first in order to
resolve the problem with minimal conflict
If speaking with the pet owner does not
resolve the situation, there are several home
remedies available to discourage roaming cats"

end thread haters/

Last edited:

03DOHC

Established Member
TO ALL
This thread was intended to be about a person making a threat about commiting a crime, now it appears that a crime may have been commited. Do not try to justify why breaking the law is ok, here in Arizona cruality to animals is against the law.
You are alleging that your neighbor carried through with the threat. You're going to have to prove that your neighbor threatened to poison your cat and you're going to have to prove your cat was poisoned and that your neighbor did it. Can you prove any of it?

FX4 SAPPER

Established Member
Not a cat fan. But i dont agree with poison. OP, that sucks, this is why i dont let my dog out unattended. I dont want this shit to happen.

NA97GT

Established Member
You are alleging that your neighbor carried through with the threat. You're going to have to prove that your neighbor threatened to poison your cat and you're going to have to prove your cat was poisoned and that your neighbor did it. Can you prove any of it?
If you wanna pay the vet $800 to do the autoposy, you will have scientific evidence that supports my claim. I have a witness that heard everything that I claim my neighbor said. That should be enough evidence to formally charge her with a criminal offense.

STG

Banned
Quoted from link
"There are few laws relating specifically to cats
which makes responsible pet ownership even
more important.
Roaming cats have become an increasing
problem in the City of Chandler. If you are
experiencing problems with cats roaming on
your property, the City of Chandler recommends
talking to the pet’s owner first in order to
resolve the problem with minimal conflict
If speaking with the pet owner does not
resolve the situation, there are several home
remedies available to discourage roaming cats"

1. "Responsible pet ownership is even more important."

2. Contacting the stupid owner of the stupid cat is only recommended.

3. "There are several home remedies available to discourage roaming cats."

Yes, there are:

X26 Taser

Antifreeze

.177 caliber pellet rifle

.22 LR pistol or rifle

etc.

STG

Banned
...she thinks the cat sitting on the wall is tormenting the little dog in her yard.

Not any more!:banana:

shrig-im-dead-cat_2.jpg

Last edited:

slick4_6

Established Member
So your neighbor was bitching to you about the neighborhood cats and you still couldn't get it through your head that she was trying to be nice about the situation. I MIGHT would have trapped the cat with my have-a-heart trap and returned it to you the first time. What kind of animal lover are you anyway that would let the cat die because you were too lazy to take it to the vet? I live on a farm and would not let my dog run free while I was not outside.

Mika

Established Member
Because she is a nutjob, she thinks the cat sitting on the wall is tormenting the little dog in her yard.

Maybe the little yip yip dog was barking because your cat was on the wall? Playing devil's advocate here.

I am not justifying the poisoning of your cat. I have 2 cats and they're indoor cats for many reasons, including crazy people. But once the cat enters someone else's property, all bets are off.

Also, I do agree that the cat may not have been poisoned. As others have mentioned, the cat would have died much quicker.

Users who are viewing this thread