Chiropractic experience

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
What are your all’s thoughts on chiropractors? I’ve been twice in the last two weeks and it still freaks me out everytime. Not entirely sure how I feel about it.

After the adjustment (neck and back) I’m like “**** yeah!” But a day or so afterwards I can feel the tenderness. I slept on the wrong pillow Friday night and now can’t turn my head right. Turning left has always been my difficulty, but that’s no problem now. WTF?!

HillbillyHotRod

Hooligan rabble rouser
Established Member
I have had good luck with them. I go regularly to keep my back in shape. I know a lot do not like them so this is just me. Did they take xrays to see what is going on?

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
I have had good luck with them. I go regularly to keep my back in shape. I know a lot do not like them so this is just me. Did they take xrays to see what is going on?
I’ve had X-rays and an MRI done on my neck. Have herniated discs at the C6 and C7. But not my back. I’m placing the blame on my pillow and not chiropractor on not being able to turn right though.

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
You’re suppose to feel sore/tender after the first few adjustments cause your body isn’t use to it. After having regular visits you will probably notice a difference. I personally havnt experienced a chiro yet but I’m a “crack addict” and watch a shit of adjustments on YouTube.

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
I used to get my spine/pelvis joint out of whack just randomly picking something up off the floor and within a few weeks I'd be completely "down in the lower back" and debilitated. My primary care doc was also a sports doc and he had me doing exercises that only made it worse.

I found a chiro and he'd straighten me out and I wouldn't have to go back till I did it again maybe a year or two later. I finally taught myself how to lie in the floor on each side and twist my knees forward and my shoulder back till I could pop that joint like he does. Bada bing, bada boom. Fixed!

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I can’t bring myself to go to the snap crackle pop guys. A bunch of us see a chiro that does upper cervical care - thenidea being that everything falls in line with the top 2 vertebrae basically.

They’ll take some X-rays to start and then it’s just lying on the table with gentle pressure. For me they push on the area around the jaw bone and lower part of the ear

snakecharmer

Established Member
There is a LOT of variance in that field in terms of technique and approach. I've had ones that were worthless. The current one I see is able to tune things up when they get out of wack and his style works for me.

Coiled03

Established Member
Sorry, I think chiropractors are straight up scam artists. I don't know how anyone can think otherwise.

They mess around with sensitive parts of your body in unnatural ways, then you feel better for a day or two, then it hurts like hell. Does nobody else see the connection between the start, and end of that chain of events?

MG0h3

Established Member
It’s not perfect in my opinion but they can fix certain ailments.

I’ve had numerous back injuries over the years that wouldn’t go away for weeks until I went to a chiro.

Good ones are hit and miss though.

Most notably, injured when I was 19 playing college hockey. Got hit right at the player box where there is no glass. Day or two later I noticed that I always had to piss. Then after I pissed I had the old man drip. Went on for months and I was embarrassed to go to a doctor. Was already going to the chiro for the same injury and because I trusted him I told him about my bladder problem.

No shit, fixed it that day. Used that clicker deal around my tailbone and very low back and gone. Happiest day of my life.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

KLLR SNK

Established Member
I have lived in the Davenport and surrounding area all my life. In my high school a couple of classmates went on to graduate from Palmer Chiropractic "college". I think this youtube video "Joe Rogan Destroys Chiropractors in Epic Rant" is pretty much on target. Good luck to those that believe but remember to keep going back for more treatments because you will never, ever, be healed.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
I used to go to them for a few years because of bad back pain. They took x-rays and all that and then started treatment. They jumped up and down on me and popped me everywhere, but my back pain never got better. Come to find out two vertebrae were fractured and one finally broke off and had to have surgery.
I'm sure for minor petty things they might be ok, but if you have issues go see a real doctor.

Recon

Established Member
I went to a chiropractor in hopes of helping the illness I was fighting for the better part of a decade. I’m not saying they caused it but it happened after my final visit. I got a headache on December 13 (few years ago), but the strange thing was it was at the base of my skull and vertebrae. Then it would move to my left temple then right temple. When it moved to the middle of my forehead the pain became almost unbearable. I was eating Advil like candy during the time of the headaches and they were constant all day, everyday, didn’t ease up at all. On February 23, I popped my neck pretty good, 5 minutes went by, and the pain was gone. Again I’m not saying they did it but after the last visit I got the headache, until popping my neck to finally relieve the pressure on my head. Keep in mind during this time I had a spinal tap done to see what was going on because the headaches were so painful.

Pick your poison.

olympic

Established Member
They've worked for me when I had a pinched nerve in my lower back. I went in hunched over an barely able to walk and left feeling 100%. I go back maybe once or twice a year when I over exert myself and feel the pain returning.

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
Sorry, I think chiropractors are straight up scam artists. I don't know how anyone can think otherwise.

They mess around with sensitive parts of your body in unnatural ways, then you feel better for a day or two, then it hurts like hell. Does nobody else see the connection between the start, and end of that chain of events?
It’s temporary relief if any and a waste of money imo.

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member
Im halfway on this....I stay away as much as I can tolerate but usually visit once a month to be able to walk normal again..... in moderation they are good...use anything to much it turns bad.

I have a physically demanding job compared to most, today was carrying items ranging from 40lbs-350lbs with and without help. So I always seem to wreck myself.

I find that shortly after I wake up I do 5 minutes of full extension stretches and try to focus on lower back, and sides.....has helped a lot with stopping the minor tweaks

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
If you've not found a GOOD chiropractor, you're missing out. Mine is invaluable to me to keep me in proper function. That's just going a few times a year when I jack something up.
Maybe it's like finding a good woman, hard to do. Or a good car dealer, again, hard to do.
But trashing the whole practice of chiropractic care, seems unfounded. If any one of you had a good one & had benefited from good care, this would be a thread with tons of positive input.
They are out there, you just gotta find one.

MG0h3

Established Member
^^^^. Spot on. Some suck just like anything.

No denying it though, a good one can fix you up/shorten recovery time immensely.

I’ve never gone regularly. Just when I’m jacked up.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Logan2003Cobra

Established Member

If you look at how bio-mechanics of the body work, you would understand "the connection between the start, and end of that chain of events".

A chiropractic adjustment is primarily to restore full range of motion within a joint, relieve pressure in the event of nerve or blood vessel impingement, help guarded muscles relax, and promote homeostasis within the body.

Just because people don't understand how z-joints in the spine work, doesn't mean a chiropractic adjustment is messing with "sensitive parts of your body in unnatural ways".

And while there are cases of negligence or misdiagnosis on the part of a chiropractor... at least they never amputate the wrong appendage, prescribe the wrong medication, or leave surgical tools in a person's body like "real" doctors do.

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
For those of you who don't believe how do you explain people who have had 10+ years of back or neck pain be completely healed after a weeks worth of chiropractic treatment? My uncle got whiplash after being rear ended a few years ago. Ever since then he's had awful back pain. He went to a chiro one time and he was 100% healed. Some chiro's don't know what they are doing but some do and actually help.

Coiled03

Established Member
If you look at how bio-mechanics of the body work, you would understand "the connection between the start, and end of that chain of events".

A chiropractic adjustment is primarily to restore full range of motion within a joint, relieve pressure in the event of nerve or blood vessel impingement, help guarded muscles relax, and promote homeostasis within the body.

Just because people don't understand how z-joints in the spine work, doesn't mean a chiropractic adjustment is messing with "sensitive parts of your body in unnatural ways".

And while there are cases of negligence or misdiagnosis on the part of a chiropractor... at least they never amputate the wrong appendage, prescribe the wrong medication, or leave surgical tools in a person's body like "real" doctors do.

I'm pretty sure a chiropractic adjustment is to make sure you continue as a patient, so they can keep collecting money.

It's funny, I've never seen someone go to a chiropractor, and then later stop going because they were "healed". Once they start, they don't stop.

Users who are viewing this thread