Chrome powder coat

65x2

Resident Hippie
Established Member
Anyone used it vs rechroming something? I'm about to start painting this faairlane I picked up. Don't want to drop the dough on rechroming everything.

188slo50

Mustang GOD wana b
Established Member
Chrome powder coat is nice but must be clear coated to be durable. Once this is done it pretty much turns into a polished looking metal. Theres no substitute for chrome other than chrome, I have seen that paint method like whats done to mirrors but not sure who does it on this side of the coast.

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
Chrome powder coat is nice but must be clear coated to be durable. Once this is done it pretty much turns into a polished looking metal. Theres no substitute for chrome other than chrome, I have seen that paint method like whats done to mirrors but not sure who does it on this side of the coast.

This. NO suubstitution for the real deal. BTW, what an absolutely gorgeous avatar pic!!!!!!!!!!!!

CobraCarrera

Established Member
I was actually curious about the same thing... There is a place on Cobb Parkway that does chrome powdercoating..... Not Metro Wheels but someone else..... I think they are called Atlanta Custom Coatings..... I want to get my BBS RK's coated without shipping it out to Detriot Wheel of Wheel Collision in P.A. if at all possible.....

I bought Josh's BBS RK's that were painted gunmetal....

Last edited:

blkGT500nCA

Established Member
Chrome powders are nice under candy (tinted transparent) powders, but are no substitute for real chrome.
/Thread

Blown38

Established Member
The crossover tube s eastwood's reflective chrome with no clear. Pretty good match to polished aluminum. I am going to wipe on some shark hide that you can also get from eastwood to protect it. The blower has a coat of the shark hide on it. If you put a clear powder over it it will turn more of a reflective grey.
20130329_003750_zps50f0024b.jpg

20130329_124154_zpsb5a4135a.jpg

65x2

Resident Hippie
Established Member
Thanks for the link and the info.
I could getaway with powdercoating the inside pieces, but that won't work on the outside. Appreciate it!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
They may be pretty good, but they'll never look chromed. As duly noted above, there is no substitute for real chrome. You can, though, as shown above, get a very nice polished aluminum look. Which actually looks awesome on the overflow tube. And other similar parts.

vfast

Established Member
rechroming is alot of work..sanding and dipping in cooper many times to make it smooth before it can be chromed:rockon:
Anyone used it vs rechroming something? I'm about to start painting this faairlane I picked up. Don't want to drop the dough on rechroming everything.

Users who are viewing this thread