Circle D 4C first impressions...

9secWS6

Established Member
Just installed my Circle D 4c converter and all I can say is DAMN what a difference! Not only is a lot faster, it even "drives" and shifts better. I should have done this a long time ago. Going to try and go run it next weekend and see how much it actually helps ET wise. Install was a breeze as well. Best mod to date (minus nitrous!).

9secWS6

Established Member
Nice! Interested to see how it works for you on spray! You have laid down sick ET and 60ft with the stocker!
That's kinda what worries me! Being realistic, I know it cant pick up a lot more with what I have done but it sure as hell feels a lot better!

1Bad5.0

Established Member
That's kinda what worries me! Being realistic, I know it cant pick up a lot more with what I have done but it sure as hell feels a lot better!

Congrats man....hands sown my 4C was the best mod I put on my car......the people who are scared of DD it are crazy. Hardly notice it. Post those new times when you get back to the track. :rockon:

goat-ee

Established Member
You mentioned the install was a breeze. Can you define "breeze"? Did you do it on a lift, or on jack stands? How long did it take?

kbrolly

Established Member
How much are you spraying? You will love your car with the 4C and the nitrous. I have almost the same set up as you with 3.73's, full exhaust and a 100 shot. Ran best of 11.48 @ 116.65 on motor with 1.63 60, 10.66 @ 126.98 with 1.47 60 on the 100 shot. You will need a good set of tires as the converter really flashes if you are launching on the bottle. I was running slicks, and my only suspension mod is after market lower control arms. You do tend to loose a little MPH with the converter when running N/A, but you make it up in the 60 ft. Good luck and keep us posted.

9secWS6

Established Member
You mentioned the install was a breeze. Can you define "breeze"? Did you do it on a lift, or on jack stands? How long did it take?
I did on my lift, took around 4 hours taking my time. I've done ALOT of converters, this is my first coyote and it was definitely one of the easier ones.

9secWS6

Established Member
Congrats man....hands sown my 4C was the best mod I put on my car......the people who are scared of DD it are crazy. Hardly notice it. Post those new times when you get back to the track. :rockon:
Absolutely right, normal driving you barely notice it. MUCH better going through the gears!

9secWS6

Established Member
How much are you spraying? You will love your car with the 4C and the nitrous. I have almost the same set up as you with 3.73's, full exhaust and a 100 shot. Ran best of 11.48 @ 116.65 on motor with 1.63 60, 10.66 @ 126.98 with 1.47 60 on the 100 shot. You will need a good set of tires as the converter really flashes if you are launching on the bottle. I was running slicks, and my only suspension mod is after market lower control arms. You do tend to loose a little MPH with the converter when running N/A, but you make it up in the 60 ft. Good luck and keep us posted.
Yeah the 19" drag radials aren't gonna do it anymore Im afraid! Im spraying 150hp. Gonna try it on my 275/60/15 MT ET Pros next weekend. Ive been a best of 10.29@130mph (consistent 10.4xs) with mods in sig so I know there isn't a lot more in it for what I have. The way it drives is well worth it for me.

5.0jake

Established Member

Does it feel quicker driving around or mainly from a 60ft/dig standpoint?

helloWorld

Established Member
I have a question about changing the stock torque converters.

If I don't do 1/4 mile events, will one of these ever help me in say a 25 or 40 roll?

4VFTW

Established Member

I did mine in the garage on jackstands. I bought a Harbor Freight $139 tranny jack to make it easier...took me about 6 hours taking my time and I returned the jack when I was done. Very straight forward and simple install

1Bad5.0

Established Member
I have a question about changing the stock torque converters.

If I don't do 1/4 mile events, will one of these ever help me in say a 25 or 40 roll?

No....converters are designed to get you out the hole faster....they flash right to your powerband.

Users who are viewing this thread