Circle D 4C first impressions...

1Bad5.0

Established Member
A torque converter affects acceleration everywhere. It's not just out of the hole.

The car won't be faster in a roll race....most times you are already at 5k-6k when you hit it...if the converter flashes 3600-3800 you are pass that...so I disagree

RMoore92

Established Member
The car won't be faster in a roll race....most times you are already at 5k-6k when you hit it...if the converter flashes 3600-3800 you are pass that...so I disagree

Yes and no. A Torque converter is a torque multiplier and I have noticed a different with my 4C from roll racing above the stall speed over stock converters, same goes with the the converter I had in my Lightning.

I'll agree that a 4C is one of the top mods for a A6 car, love mine and Chris does top notch work.

1Quick4.6

Established Member

Actually this is a misconception. A converter will help just as much from a roll . The key is that it will keep the rpm from dropping so much on the shifts, keeping the car in its powerband better.

goat-ee

Established Member
Actually this is a misconception. A converter will help just as much from a roll . The key is that it will keep the rpm from dropping so much on the shifts, keeping the car in its powerband better.

I don't see how this makes any sense. If you shift at 7k and the engine drops to say 5k, how does even a 4k stall going to do anything for you?:shrug:

bmoney50

Established Member
Just installed my Circle D 4c converter and all I can say is DAMN what a difference! Not only is a lot faster, it even "drives" and shifts better. I should have done this a long time ago. Going to try and go run it next weekend and see how much it actually helps ET wise. Install was a breeze as well. Best mod to date (minus nitrous!).

That is a heck of a 60' with a stock converter..I assume you sprayed it out of the hole? I am trying to decide on spray or a converter. I would like to do both but one has to wait.

9secWS6

Established Member
That is a heck of a 60' with a stock converter..I assume you sprayed it out of the hole? I am trying to decide on spray or a converter. I would like to do both but one has to wait.
Yes that was spraying dead from home, the track was actually prepped that day(275 race). I dont think the 19" drag radials are gonna work with the new converter though!

Circle-D

Established Member
I don't see how this makes any sense. If you shift at 7k and the engine drops to say 5k, how does even a 4k stall going to do anything for you?:shrug:

The factory stall is about a 2500 flash, but like you mentioned the shift drop is about 2K, from 7-5. The 4C or any higher stall conveyer for that matter will have less of a shift drop, keeping you in the power band. I would estimate the 245mm 4C to have about a 1K shift drop, assuming you are unlocked of course.

Hop this makes sense.

Chris

Circle-D

Established Member
Just installed my Circle D 4c converter and all I can say is DAMN what a difference! Not only is a lot faster, it even "drives" and shifts better. I should have done this a long time ago. Going to try and go run it next weekend and see how much it actually helps ET wise. Install was a breeze as well. Best mod to date (minus nitrous!).

Excellent, glad you like it. Looking forward to some track numbers. You already had some killer times with the stock converter, but I think the 4C will still impress you.

Chris

BlueSmokem5.0

Established Member
Damn I must have over looked this, so you went 10.29 on 19" wheels and stock converter? Are you running stock headers? I think I need to quit messing around and install the big boy pills in my nx plate!!! I just recently installed my 4C looking forward to getting it to the track to hopefully see some 10.40's.

Yes that was spraying dead from home, the track was actually prepped that day(275 race). I dont think the 19" drag radials are gonna work with the new converter though!

Last edited:

9secWS6

Established Member
Excellent, glad you like it. Looking forward to some track numbers. You already had some killer times with the stock converter, but I think the 4C will still impress you.

Chris
Its already impressed me! I know it will pick up at the track but the way it drives alone was worth it! Ill post number in the next week or so when I get to the track. Hopefully have a little tailwind to push me into the 9s!

9secWS6

Established Member
Damn I must have over looked this, so you went 10.29 on 19" wheels and stock converter? Are you running stock headers? I think I need to quit messing around and install the big boy pills in my nx plate!!! I just recently installed my 4C looking forward to getting it to the track to hopefully see some 10.40's.
Yes i did but that was in perfect track conditions(I also ran a 10.31 same day), normal times are 10.4xs. Stock headers and basic weight reductions(spare tire,jack,etc.) My NX plate kit jetted for 150hp picked up 177hp on the dyno with BBRs tune so it definately makes good power.

Cashbum

Established Member
Did you have to put more trans oil when you replaced it? If so how much. I'm doing mine tomorrow while my engine is out.

9secWS6

Established Member
Did you have to put more trans oil when you replaced it? If so how much. I'm doing mine tomorrow while my engine is out.
I ended up using 4 quarts. I put about a half a quart in the converter before the install, 2 while the tranny was down and added the rest once it warmed up.

Users who are viewing this thread