Circle D Converter Or 4.10 gears ???

Dtony

Established Member
Thank you.

Now that's impressive.:beer:

Thanks, and obviously I had a tune. I experimented a lot , my old school thinking just couldn't understand why it wouldn't go faster with deeper gears. The 6R80 Trans definitely changes what you need with an auto.

Bettsie

Established Member
Doesn't matter what my car runs, I'm not the one running my mouth. Sorry if your feelings get hurt but running a 11.7 with 4.10's isn't impressive. Have you ever wondered why your times aren't that impressive?

And let me give you a little grammar lesson for the day seeing as my 9 year old spells better than you. It's spelled "sure" not shure. And it's spelled "maybe" not mabie.;-)

You are always the one running your mouth off. Casper has great times and so does WBT, and Kdanner. They have something to talk about. Couch drag racers??????? Or is it internet drag racers. Maybe you should ask your 9 year old how to respect people with different opinions.

9.87-second quarter mile time with a trap speed of 133mph-

Car Feature: JPC-Built ’13 GT is the Fastest Stock Long Block Coyote - StangTV

"To wrangle in all the engine’s power, JPC left the stock automatic transmission in the Mustang but upgraded it with a Circle D converter with a 3,600 stall. This is backed by the Mustang’s stock suspension system and upgraded 4.10 rearend gears."

scotmach

Established Member
so a car with more mods goes 2 tenths faster & your impressed with that?

why then aren't you impressed with the guy in the other 4.10 thread on here that went 11.50's with no converter?
Yes I'm impressed with his 11.50 because he did it with 3.31's which is the best gear for the track just as WBT has been stating.

And no one in this thread that I've seen has gone 11.50's with 4.10's.

casper gt

Established Member
My car went 11.50's on a converter, Boss intake, headers and 3.31's. When I added gear the car ran the same....exactly the same. Through other changes I got to 11.30's na. So I know what I am talking about.

I never said you didn't know what your talking about, the point I'm trying to make is the o/p asked "should I do a converter or 4.10's" he didn't say should I do both.

with his current mods, a converter alone isn't going to give him much of a gain is all I'm saying.

what I will add though, just like I said above, 4.10 no converter cars are in the 40's & 50's as of this fall, I don't see many if any 3.15/converter cars there.

refer to post #1 in this thread again, the o/p asked which one, not should I do both.

casper gt

Established Member

KidMoney

Established Member
I never said you didn't know what your talking about, the point I'm trying to make is the o/p asked "should I do a converter or 4.10's" he didn't say should I do both.

with his current mods, a converter alone isn't going to give him much of a gain is all I'm saying.

what I will add though, just like I said above, 4.10 no converter cars are in the 40's & 50's as of this fall, I don't see many if any 3.15/converter cars there.

refer to post #1 in this thread again, the o/p asked which one, not should I do both.

The converter will produce better et with less change to the car. Such as rpm on the highway and gas mileage and such. For a car that gets driven a lot, the converter is a no brainer.

Dtony

Established Member

I didnt mean you were insinuating anything, rather verifying I had done a lot mod's and testing on my car.

All I can say if I were starting over today, I would not waste a dime on gears, at least not in an auto.

I am at the track every week, there are absolutely no cars in my area without a converter going 11.40's or 11.50's. I would have to see that in person to believe it. In +DA air at full factory weight I dont see it happening.

If you are talking about East coast -2000 DA, sure.

casper gt

Established Member
I didnt mean you were insinuating anything, rather verifying I had done a lot mod's and testing on my car.

All I can say if I were starting over today, I would not waste a dime on gears, at least not in an auto.

I am at the track every week, there are absolutely no cars in my area without a converter going 11.40's or 11.50's. I would have to see that in person to believe it. In +DA air at full factory weight I dont see it happening.

If you are talking about East coast -2000 DA, sure.

not shure where you are in Ohio, but there are a half dozen or so 4.10 no converter cars in the mid to high 11's in the columbus area

but even without that, you said your an old school guy, whats so hard to believe that (for example) in my case, I went 11.71 at full weight less front sway bar with heavy wheels & tires, you don't think theres 2 tenths left in my car with some weight reduction & big & littles?

Dtony

Established Member
not shure where you are in Ohio, but there are a half dozen or so 4.10 no converter cars in the mid to high 11's in the columbus area

but even without that, you said your an old school guy, whats so hard to believe that (for example) in my case, I went 11.71 at full weight less front sway bar with heavy wheels & tires, you don't think theres 2 tenths left in my car with some weight reduction & big & littles?

I am in Cincy. But run all over Ohio: National Trails, Dragway 42, Quaker City, Edgewater, Tristate, Kilkare, and Norwalk. Like I said, I have not seen it.

Your best is 11.71 which is fine, but without a converter you will be hard pressed to find more ET. You might pick up MPH with some lightening but most ET is gained early on in the run. Put a converter in your car and you will pick up 3~4 tenths with 0 driveability concerns.

Bettsie

Established Member
This coming from the guy that runs 4.10's and couldn't get out of the 13's.:D

1/4 mile hints

You are correct. I have a shitty tune which I hope to have fixed shortly. BTW, I missed your times once again. But of course. Maybe you can find a computer game to give you a thrill. Or take it to the track. I was embarrassed by the times, but you can bet they will lowered with a new tune. Am I repeating myself, how fast have you run at the track? :uh oh:

WHITEMACH

Established Member
in a race car on the track the converter should out 60, with less mph@ 1/4, but on the street its a toss up and the car without the converter is going to mph higher, apples to apples!
daily driving i like the 4.10s better .

Last edited:

casper gt

Established Member
I am in Cincy. But run all over Ohio: National Trails, Dragway 42, Quaker City, Edgewater, Tristate, Kilkare, and Norwalk. Like I said, I have not seen it.

Your best is 11.71 which is fine, but without a converter you will be hard pressed to find more ET. You might pick up MPH with some lightening but most ET is gained early on in the run. Put a converter in your car and you will pick up 3~4 tenths with 0 driveability concerns.

I will be putting one in as soon as I run out of et (where ever that is).

this isn't a converter bashing thread on my part, its a "hey o/p. with a boss intake especially, gears might be a better mod of only choosing one or the other" thread.

by the list of tracks, we probubly have crossed paths & didn't even know it, I've been racing at some of those tracks since the early 80's.

Last edited:

Dtony

Established Member
I will be putting one in as soon as I run out of et (where ever that is).

this isn't a converter bashing thread on my part, its a "hey o/p. with a boss intake especially, gears might be a better mod of only choosing one or the other" thread.

by the list of tracks, we probubly have crossed paths & didn't even know it, I['ve been racing at some of those tracks since the early 80's.

Maybe, I have been racing since the mid 80's. Way off susbject but I will be at Trails Sunday looking for a 9.8x.

Once you add a converter I will bet money you decide to change gears. A converter makes the 1st gear real short with deep gears.

WHITEMACH

Established Member
Hahaha!!!

Never. :nonono:

My car results have been duplicated by the person who tunes my car, on his personal car, for those curious. It's not a one hit wonder. ;)

[youtube_browser]sdf5kgINH0A[/youtube_browser]
[youtube_browser]GbCNYUH2g7E[/youtube_browser]

i thought this car has a boss motor in it??

Users who are viewing this thread