CJ 5.0 vs unknown random c6z

FivePointOmg

BOSS 302 #1853
Established Member
good run op, but LOL if people think a bolt-on 5.0 can hang with a C6Z06..here is my intake/tune Z against a ZR1 before I pulled 3 degrees of timing. I guess then a bolt-on 5.0 can hang with a ZR1 as well?? lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2zv4YZRo8Q

Average bone stock C6 Z06 traps around 125mph with average driver at the wheel. C6 Z06 with tune/CAI is a different animal than a stock one...They pick up a lot of power with tune/CAI being that it's a 7.0L race motor...Not sure what you're trying to say because the OP's car is more than a "bolt on" 5.0...It's bolt on with bigs/littles/E85/Cobra Jet intake/etc etc and traps what a stock C6 Z06 will trap...mid 120's, not to mention puts down more power to the wheels than a stock C6 Z06. You're clearly a Corvette troll who hasn't researched very much on the 5.0's but can't stand to hear that a 5.0L is beating a 7.0L. My 2 cents :)

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
Average bone stock C6 Z06 traps around 125mph with average driver at the wheel. C6 Z06 with tune/CAI is a different animal than a stock one...They pick up a lot of power with tune/CAI being that it's a 7.0L race motor...Not sure what you're trying to say because the OP's car is more than a "bolt on" 5.0...It's bolt on with bigs/littles/E85/Cobra Jet intake/etc etc and traps what a stock C6 Z06 will trap...mid 120's, not to mention puts down more power to the wheels than a stock C6 Z06. You're clearly a Corvette troll who hasn't researched very much on the 5.0's but can't stand to hear that a 5.0L is beating a 7.0L. My 2 cents :)

I'll just jump in and say that you are quoting the BEST and Highest Trap possible for a 5.0 with the OP's mods (Mid 120's) and a "NORMAL" time for a C6Z. They have trapped over 130 in amazing weather with someone like Ranger driving. When you compare it that way, the C6Z will come out on top all day when racing from a roll.

I'm also a future 14 5.0 owner and I've also owned a Cobra, Mach, 2 Blown 3V's before this.

I believe the OP's story. Did he maybe beat a slightly inexperienced driver? Good chance he did. Did he still edge out a C6Z? Yes, sure did. Would this happen against a C6Z driven by Ranger, or one of the many others that trapped 129-131 and ran high 10's with a tire, or bottom 11's on stock rubber? Most likely not.

Not everyone is hating on 5.0's. However, by posting in the manner that you do, you are going to be classified as one of the 5.0 nutswingers that feel that all run bottom 12's Bone Stock on any given day, and pick up almost 100 RWHP wth a few "Simple' bolt-ons and almost always run high 10's/low 11's with ANY driver behind the wheel. That my friend, is not the case. I'm a realist, not an idealist. Not EVERY 5.0 will run the same and ALL drivers are not equal. No two 5.0's with similar mods will run the exact same time on the same day. Same goes for any car on this damn planet.

After 12+ Pages, I'd say this thread is just about finished and the horse has been killed, buried, dug up and beaten again by everyone....TWICE....!

Kewlv8

Established Member
I'll just jump in and say that you are quoting the BEST and Highest Trap possible for a 5.0 with the OP's mods (Mid 120's) and a "NORMAL" time for a C6Z. They have trapped over 130 in amazing weather with someone like Ranger driving. When you compare it that way, the C6Z will come out on top all day when racing from a roll.....!

Always post hero times for the car you are humping, and normal times for the rest. That is covered in day 1 of "Nuthugger-101". Advanced nuthugging strategies are available for upper classmen.

FivePointOmg

BOSS 302 #1853
Established Member
I'll just jump in and say that you are quoting the BEST and Highest Trap possible for a 5.0 with the OP's mods (Mid 120's) and a "NORMAL" time for a C6Z. They have trapped over 130 in amazing weather with someone like Ranger driving. When you compare it that way, the C6Z will come out on top all day when racing from a roll.

I'm also a future 14 5.0 owner and I've also owned a Cobra, Mach, 2 Blown 3V's before this.

I believe the OP's story. Did he maybe beat a slightly inexperienced driver? Good chance he did. Did he still edge out a C6Z? Yes, sure did. Would this happen against a C6Z driven by Ranger, or one of the many others that trapped 129-131 and ran high 10's with a tire, or bottom 11's on stock rubber? Most likely not.

Not everyone is hating on 5.0's. However, by posting in the manner that you do, you are going to be classified as one of the 5.0 nutswingers that feel that all run bottom 12's Bone Stock on any given day, and pick up almost 100 RWHP wth a few "Simple' bolt-ons and almost always run high 10's/low 11's with ANY driver behind the wheel. That my friend, is not the case. I'm a realist, not an idealist. Not EVERY 5.0 will run the same and ALL drivers are not equal. No two 5.0's with similar mods will run the exact same time on the same day. Same goes for any car on this damn planet.

After 12+ Pages, I'd say this thread is just about finished and the horse has been killed, buried, dug up and beaten again by everyone....TWICE....!

Always post hero times for the car you are humping, and normal times for the rest. That is covered in day 1 of "Nuthugger-101". Advanced nuthugging strategies are available for upper classmen.

Oh boy...first I'll respond to the easier of the two ignorant posts...Mid 120's is not a hero time for a E85 5.0 with CJ manifold, SCJ TB, weight reduction, etc...Now to ignorant post above...My 5.0 picked up 50+ whp dyno proven with CAI and catless X on 93 pump gas...Talking about what Ranger runs if just abso fukin lutely hilarious to say the least...Talking about a guy who has had 1000's of passes in tons of Vettes...If you want me to take a "hero" time I'll use the Rev Auto 5.0 that's NA just ran 10's on drag radials with bolt-ons and CJ manifold on a NA stock 5.0 with a regular person at the wheel...hate to burst your bubble there chief...Now the other comments of "stock rubber" are just too hilarious too when you're talking about a 325 width steam roller on a $70k car that weighs 3200lbs for "stock rubber"...Man o man this is fun for me...to say that I'm a person that believe 5.0's pick up 100whp with minor boltons and all run low 12's just sounds like uneducated stupidity to me.......:pop:

I love how 5.0's beat other cars they "shouldn't" beat and the believers are automatically called "nutswingers" but you never see the GT500 owners, Vette owners come on here and man up about how they got spanked by a full bolton E85 5.0...Guess you believe it when it happens to you.:lol1:

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
Oh boy...first I'll respond to the easier of the two ignorant posts...Mid 120's is not a hero time for a E85 5.0 with CJ manifold, SCJ TB, weight reduction, etc...Now to ignorant post above...My 5.0 picked up 50+ whp dyno proven with CAI and catless X on 93 pump gas...Talking about what Ranger runs if just abso fukin lutely hilarious to say the least...Talking about a guy who has had 1000's of passes in tons of Vettes...If you want me to take a "hero" time I'll use the Rev Auto 5.0 that's NA just ran 10's on drag radials with bolt-ons and CJ manifold on a NA stock 5.0 with a regular person at the wheel...hate to burst your bubble there chief...Now the other comments of "stock rubber" are just too hilarious too when you're talking about a 325 width steam roller on a $70k car that weighs 3200lbs for "stock rubber"...Man o man this is fun for me...to say that I'm a person that believe 5.0's pick up 100whp with minor boltons and all run low 12's just sounds like uneducated stupidity to me.......:pop:

I love how 5.0's beat other cars they "shouldn't" beat and the believers are automatically called "nutswingers" but you never see the GT500 owners, Vette owners come on here and man up about how they got spanked by a full bolton E85 5.0...Guess you believe it when it happens to you.:lol1:

You are absolutely adorable!

So, now you are throwing out the price tag of a car that comes with wider tires when the OP that raced has a full drag race setup equipped with slicks and skinnies. The fact that you believe in your heart a bolton 5.0 is easily a good match for a C6Z anytime all day long is simply ignorant. A C6Z is fully capable of a 130 trap. The majority of a bolton 5.0 is not trapping 125+ you ignoramus. Again, you take a handful of examples and are here as a noob to this forum that shits on everyone except 5.0 owners and tries to push your opinions as true and real facts.

Where is your experience? What does your 5.0 run and trap? What tracks have you raced at? What mods do you have and where did you get your car dyno'd? How many C6Z's have you beaten in your 5.0? What did you run stock? Based on your knowledge and comments, it.is normal for all 5.0's in completely stock form to run bottom 12's and trap 115 all day and with bolt ons they ALWAYS run sub 10's in any weather and with any driver. Great attitude guy.

FivePointOmg

BOSS 302 #1853
Established Member
You are absolutely adorable!

So, now you are throwing out the price tag of a car that comes with wider tires when the OP that raced has a full drag race setup equipped with slicks and skinnies. The fact that you believe in your heart a bolton 5.0 is easily a good match for a C6Z anytime all day long is simply ignorant. A C6Z is fully capable of a 130 trap. The majority of a bolton 5.0 is not trapping 125+ you ignoramus. Again, you take a handful of examples and are here as a noob to this forum that shits on everyone except 5.0 owners and tries to push your opinions as true and real facts.

Where is your experience? What does your 5.0 run and trap? What tracks have you raced at? What mods do you have and where did you get your car dyno'd? How many C6Z's have you beaten in your 5.0? What did you run stock? Based on your knowledge and comments, it.is normal for all 5.0's in completely stock form to run bottom 12's and trap 115 all day and with bolt ons they ALWAYS run sub 10's in any weather and with any driver. Great attitude guy.

Ah the only thing you responded to was the price of the Vette. Nuff said there guy. No need for me to respond to the rest of the stupidity you posted as if how many tracks I've raced at or you've raced at has anything to do with what average Z06's and 5.0's trap (P.S. I've raced at Orlando, SGMP, PBIR and Bradenton many times and watched stock C6 Z06's trap 119, 118, 121, 122 MORE times than I ever saw one trap 125+)...Typical dodging tactic when you've got nothing relevant to say.

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
Ah the only thing you responded to was the price of the Vette. Nuff said there guy. No need for me to respond to the rest of the stupidity you posted as if how many tracks I've raced at or you've raced at has anything to do with what average Z06's and 5.0's trap (P.S. I've raced at Orlando, SGMP, PBIR and Bradenton many times and watched stock C6 Z06's trap 119, 118, 121, 122 MORE times than I ever saw one trap 125+)...Typical dodging tactic when you've got nothing relevant to say.

You are the the upset one here. I post based on what's normal, not what a car can do in perfect conditions.

You mentioned the price of cars and I commented on it. You had a lot to say but now you are quiet. WHAT THE HELL DOES YOUR 5.0 RUN AND WHAT MODS DO YOU HAVE..SIMPLE QUESTION!

FivePointOmg

BOSS 302 #1853
Established Member
You are the the upset one here. I post based on what's normal, not what a car can do in perfect conditions.

You mentioned the price of cars and I commented on it. You had a lot to say but now you are quiet. WHAT THE HELL DOES YOUR 5.0 RUN AND WHAT MODS DO YOU HAVE..SIMPLE QUESTION!

LOL...My CURRENT 4 month old '14 GT Premium (second new GT I've bought) dyno'd 416whp on a stingy dyno with minimal mods as I WORK a lot and manage a LARGE company. But back to the topic of the OP's GT and what normal Z06's trap...As I mentioned I've seen with my own 2 eyes at several tracks what Z06's normally trap and it's NO WAY IN HELL in the upper 120's...That is what I call a PIPE DREAM. Now my 4 month old brand new '14 GT has not seen a track yet because I have not had a chance to drive the 1.5hrs to get it there with my schedule. I've had a (500whp heads/cam SRT-8 among other cars I've run at many tracks)...But again you're in Z06 nutswinging heaven if you believe normal C6 Z06's trap 125+ all day long and I forgot to mention my own father has owned 7 Vettes (now a TVS S/C'd '11 Grand Sport) so I know what they run.

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
LOL...My CURRENT 4 month old '14 GT Premium (second new GT I've bought) dyno'd 416whp on a stingy dyno with minimal mods as I WORK a lot and manage a LARGE company. But back to the topic of the OP's GT and what normal Z06's trap...As I mentioned I've seen with my own 2 eyes at several tracks what Z06's normally trap and it's NO WAY IN HELL in the upper 120's...That is what I call a PIPE DREAM. Now my 4 month old brand new '14 GT has not seen a track yet because I have not had a chance to drive the 1.5hrs to get it there with my schedule. I've had a (500whp heads/cam SRT-8 among other cars I've run at many tracks)...But again you're in Z06 nutswinging heaven if you believe normal C6 Z06's trap 125+ all day long and I forgot to mention my own father has owned 7 Vettes (now a TVS S/C'd '11 Grand Sport) so I know what they run.

Ok. So, you saying ALL Bolton 5.0s trap mid 120's is a pipe dream as well. Hopefully a guy from a Chicago Mustang club can chime in here (Drew). That had a 5.0 running sub 120's with a ported cobra jet manifold, full boltons, driveshaft, slicks and skinnies and weighs around 3450 with driver. He also ran during a cold day in Chicago and trapped 122 (IIRC) as his absolute highest. He can bang gears and and goes for broke each time. However, I can honestly say I've NEVER seen a Bolton only 5.0 with minimal weight reduction trapping 125, let alone as you said "they trap mid 120's all day"
Show us proof of these traps or lose your credibility.

QuickC5Z

Established Member

I've also seen Coyote Mustangs trap 105-107 mph. Seen bolton 5.0s trapping in the low teens. The C6 Zs that trap low 120s are usually doing it in crappy conditions.

FivePointOmg

BOSS 302 #1853
Established Member
Ok. So, you saying ALL Bolton 5.0s trap mid 120's is a pipe dream as well. Hopefully a guy from a Chicago Mustang club can chime in here (Drew). That had a 5.0 running sub 120's with a ported cobra jet manifold, full boltons, driveshaft, slicks and skinnies and weighs around 3450 with driver. He also ran during a cold day in Chicago and trapped 122 (IIRC) as his absolute highest. He can bang gears and and goes for broke each time. However, I can honestly say I've NEVER seen a Bolton only 5.0 with minimal weight reduction trapping 125, let alone as you said "they trap mid 120's all day"
Show us proof of these traps or lose your credibility.

I've also seen Coyote Mustangs trap 105-107 mph. Seen bolton 5.0s trapping in the low teens. The C6 Zs that trap low 120s are usually doing it in crappy conditions.

Never said ALL 5.0's with said boltons and CJ manifold trap 120's...I'm SAYING it's plausible to believe OP's story. Now I'm not sure what Z06's trap all day long in negative DA conditions you guys have up there but here in FL where 2000 DA is the usual "good" Z06's are trapping in the low 120's all day long if not high 11x's......"I've seen Coyotes trap 105 - 107"...OK so what I've seen a new ZR1 with idiot driver trap 112 and a few new 392 Mopars trap 108......This thread and OP's car is not the "usual" bolton Coyote that runs around full weight on heavy ass stock wheels with Bama tune and thinks he rules the mean streets...Under the right conditions the OP's story is more than believable is what I'm saying...Not a long shot at all. Back to Ranger...As I mentioned he's has 1000's of passes in Vettes and sets record times...That's COOL. I appreciate what he does...so what.:sleeping:

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
Never said ALL 5.0's with said boltons and CJ manifold trap 120's...I'm SAYING it's plausible to believe OP's story. Now I'm not sure what Z06's trap all day long in negative DA conditions you guys have up there but here in FL where 2000 DA is the usual "good" Z06's are trapping in the low 120's all day long if not high 11x's......"I've seen Coyotes trap 105 - 107"...OK so what I've seen a new ZR1 with idiot driver trap 112 and a few new 392 Mopars trap 108......This thread and OP's car is not the "usual" bolton Coyote that runs around full weight on heavy ass stock wheels with Bama tune and thinks he rules the mean streets...Under the right conditions the OP's story is more than believable is what I'm saying...Not a long shot at all. Back to Ranger...As I mentioned he's has 1000's of passes in Vettes and sets record times...That's COOL. I appreciate what he does...so what.:sleeping:

With that being said, you seemed to miss the point where I actually said I believe the OP's story and the kill. just for the record, Chicago gets a lot warmer and more humid weather than Florida and we see DA's over 3500.

When I was at Byron last year we ran in 3300 DA and it was over 100 degrees (Yes, my balls were stuck together) and we happened to see a red C6Z at our Mustang event at Byron. This guy made several passes. His first pass of the day was a 17.xx at 96 or so. He wheeled hopped down the track and didn't let off the throttle. Looked like his rear end was doing jumping jacks. His next pass was slightly better with a whopping 15.8 or something like that. After a rest, he ran again. A few members of our small 5000 member Mustang club spoke to him. He had the car a year, this is the first time in his life he had been to the track and couldn't seem to get a good run in. The car was stock with 30K or so miles. After about 2-3 more runs before my wife and I left, this guy managed an 11.7 @ 124!!!!!! Stock rubber, 3200+ DA and it was still over 100 degrees not including the humidity. Somehow this guy pulled an amazing time. Granted, after that pass he ran high 12's the rest of the day according to what my friend said, that was a strong time. That day, we only had a few modded 5.0's.anf the fastest one was pulling 12.6-12.7's with manifold, slicks, and an X or H pipe. Forgot who it was, but, that was a slow time for a modded 5.0 and was dire need of a better driver (bottom 12's in that kind of weather is very possible)

FivePointOmg

BOSS 302 #1853
Established Member
Browse the '11+ GT 10/11 second club here to see mid 120's traps. As you can see there's high 10 and low 11 second bolt on 5.0's in the mid 120's... How's that for credibility...Feel free to look through the 29 pages for slips and search a little on Youtube to watch vids of them. Many have bigs/littles and other tricks like the OP's to make them solid contenders for a bone stock Z06...

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...-Fastest-1-4-mile-2011-Mustang-GT-track-times

FivePointOmg

BOSS 302 #1853
Established Member
Manual running 10.88 at 125mph with a manual tranny...on bigs/littles...only Boss intake...bone stock suspension...
[video=youtube;VozITGF-DR4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VozITGF-DR4[/video]

FivePointOmg

BOSS 302 #1853
Established Member
Stock manifold in this one...
[video=youtube;hzxB_HRflYY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzxB_HRflYY[/video]

FivePointOmg

BOSS 302 #1853
Established Member
I can't do this all night...work tomorrow...But more and more pop up every day...I just saw another Rev Auto car ran 10.9 @ 123.55mph with boltons, stock 5.0, CJ manifold and pump gas I believe. Most of these are full weight or almost full weight too....We've only started to scratch the surface of the CJ manifold setup in the past few weeks so the ET's will be dropping and traps increasing on a weekly basis as I've already seen happening...

FivePointOmg

BOSS 302 #1853
Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread