CJ 5.0 vs unknown random c6z

FivePointOmg

BOSS 302 #1853
Established Member
I just watched a bolt on 5.0 with 100 shot freight train a new GT500 from a roll on Youtube the other night...

orange_whiner

Pro-class stoplight racer
Established Member
No in that video the GT500 put busses on the coyote. The race im talkin about was a 2012 GT00.

Wasn't there a video of a stock 2011-2012 GT500 pulling about a car on a full bolton coyote mustang that had a CJ intake and an AED tune...I belive both drivers were/are members on here.

Typical internetz. There is no proof b/c it is all lies. Ford has been trying to cover this up for years now, that the 5.0 is faster then the gt500.

Sick03Vert

Banned
Typical internetz. There is no proof b/c it is all lies. Ford has been trying to cover this up for years now, that the 5.0 is faster then the gt500.

Psshht.....duh.

The 5.0 is faster than Jesus Christ covered in grease and riding a bolt of lightning. EVERYONE knows this!

Every other car has no reason to exist. None. Stock 5.0's have been known to change time zones when they launch. Add an exhaust, and you have a car that's causing global warming by knocking the Earth off it's axis.

And for the love of all things holy, don't even go there if it's forced induction. That shit rips holes in the space time continuum. Literally. It's ****ing retarded. Corvette? Bwahaha! Dude WHAT EVER. McLaren who? Shiiiiiiiittt.

5.0 FTMFW all day, every day, against anything on Earth...or anywhere else. DUH.

stangfreak

Established Member
psshht.....duh.

The 5.0 is faster than jesus christ covered in grease and riding a bolt of lightning. Everyone knows this!

Every other car has no reason to exist. None. Stock 5.0's have been known to change time zones when they launch. Add an exhaust, and you have a car that's causing global warming by knocking the earth off it's axis.

And for the love of all things holy, don't even go there if it's forced induction. That shit rips holes in the space time continuum. Literally. It's ****ing retarded. Corvette? Bwahaha! Dude what ever. Mclaren who? Shiiiiiiiittt.

5.0 ftmfw all day, every day, against anything on earth...or anywhere else. Duh.

lmfaoooooo!!!!!!

yngrshr

Established Member
my thoughts exactly...sounds like he beat the driver not the car

While I agree, a win is a win. I've beaten cars I shouldn't have before due to bad drivers as well.

I have a very hard time believing that a car with the OP's mods can take a car that can run in the high 10s in stock trim during ideal conditions (10.98 for the fastest, to be exact). In the heat of summer you see stock C6Zs running low 11s all day long.

Last edited:

VNOMIS

Yeah, I said it
Established Member
I don't think a lot of people have read the thread. OP's car is about 3400lbs and about 450-460whp. Z06 puts down 440whp on the norm and weighs about 3150lb. It's totally feasible that the OP pulled him and held him off until a certain MPH. OP even stated that the Z06 would have probably come around him at high speeds. Other factors also come into play. Gearing for one. Anything can happen on the street. I think people are underestimating what a properly setup car can do with some weight reduction.

Elwood617

Established Member
Nice run op.

Comparing power through the entire curve means nothing when the racing all happens between 5000-7500 rpm.

I guess I'm also in the minority in saying I don't give a crap whose car is faster. I care about what happens every individual run. 9 out of 10 the z06 should walk, but not that time. I like variables in racing. Makes it more exciting

Nicely stated, Z06's are bad-ass. Just because a car "should win" doesn't mean it will. That little fact is why we race :)

I don't think a lot of people have read the thread. OP's car is about 3400lbs and about 450-460whp. Z06 puts down 440whp on the norm and weighs about 3150lb. It's totally feasible that the OP pulled him and held him off until a certain MPH. OP even stated that the Z06 would have probably come around him at high speeds. Other factors also come into play. Gearing for one. Anything can happen on the street. I think people are underestimating what a properly setup car can do with some weight reduction.
That is how I read it as well. If they would have raced to say 150, the Z would have come around.
I forgot how much some of you love to bag on 5.0's on this site.

yngrshr

Established Member

The only way it's feasible is if the Z06 driver couldn't drive.

But like I said, winning is winning.

VNOMIS

Yeah, I said it
Established Member
Nice run op.

Nicely stated, Z06's are bad-ass. Just because a car "should win" doesn't mean it will. That little fact is why we race :)

That is how I read it as well. If they would have raced to say 150, the Z would have come around.
I forgot how much some of you love to bag on 5.0's on this site.

It's mostly the cobro's. I own neither and have a realistic view on both.

TexasRoe

Devil Dog
Established Member
Psshht.....duh.

The 5.0 is faster than Jesus Christ covered in grease and riding a bolt of lightning. EVERYONE knows this!

Every other car has no reason to exist. None. Stock 5.0's have been known to change time zones when they launch. Add an exhaust, and you have a car that's causing global warming by knocking the Earth off it's axis.

And for the love of all things holy, don't even go there if it's forced induction. That shit rips holes in the space time continuum. Literally. It's ****ing retarded. Corvette? Bwahaha! Dude WHAT EVER. McLaren who? Shiiiiiiiittt.

5.0 FTMFW all day, every day, against anything on Earth...or anywhere else. DUH.

Dude, this thread was entertaining but this just made my day. I think it was a good kill. I just cant believe its been talked about so much without a video. Its the street, anything can happen. OP, I salute you.

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
Truly wished I had a video guys :( It was a random encounter. I don't have dyno numbers yet because my tune still isn't as dialed in as I want it to be, and I also want to be able to dyno FTW Purple at the same time.

For the realists:
That said, cars with very similar mods as mine have been running 10.9x to 11.2x depending on DA/Track conditions on E85. You can read several examples of this in the 11-14 section. No one is going to argue that at speeds in the triple digits Vettes are monsters their weight, gearing, and aerodynamics are well expressed at those speeds. In watching the stock c6z speedo video (As it's been a while since i've driven a stock one) with me being a 3.31 geared car it tops out at damn near the exact same speed in 1st-4th The difference is where the vette is reving to 7k I'm closer to 8k.

I'm not saying my car straight up hands down is faster than a stock c6z I'm just saying I nosed him with him starting to creep back at ~120. I've been saying for some time that in a dig race this combo can run with a stock c6z and in some cases beat it at that time I was implying a car with 3.73's or 3.90's. I'd assumed at that point that going from a roll was going to spell disaster.

However, at the time no one to my knowledge had ran the combo with 3.31's several folks appear to be trying it out now, especially since this thread picked up speed. I myself was impressed with how well my car stacked up from a roll like this, and was just reporting my experience because 3.31's just feel amazing to me with this combo. I'm not saying everytime a c6z is going to win and I'm not saying every time this combo is going to win. I'm saying they're a damn good race for one another.

For the common haters:

Yes, this 100% was a c6z have two very close friends that own them making ~600WHP N/A I know the cars well.
A stock LS2/LS3/LS6 doesn't stand a snowballs chance in hell, period. (As long as it's a clean run)

We know you're stance, the 5.0 is slow regardless of what "Super human" special intake manifold it has. We get it.
we thoroughly understand the level of denial you're in when a similar (slightly more) cube dhoc N/A motor makes what your FI dohc motor makes.
Insert-"11:1 this 11:1 that" excuses now.

Fact of the matter is, why does it have to be so personal ? why does it have to offend you so much ? Not every 5.0 guy who posts a kill story, video, dyno chart, or picture is doing it with the intention of showing disrespect for the terminator platform. I owned one, long before most of you folks most likely. I still like them, I wouldn't own one over my 5.0 for multiple reasons, hence why I bought a 5.0.

As for the comments about motor swapping your whipple/kb terminator drivetrain in favor of a coyote, guys have done it. You have look at the fact that these stock coyote motors are going pretty cheap and if you buy your own rods,pistons, oil pump gears etc and beef it up yourself, you have a damn capable motor for not a lot of money. Is one better than the other once built ? No, not really they all can break they all can make 1k to the wheels, they all become a constant money pit.

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
The only way it's feasible is if the Z06 driver couldn't drive.

But like I said, winning is winning.

No offense but coming from a guy that went from stock to a VMP stage 1 and has only owned his car for 6-8 drivable months. It leaves one skeptical of your level of knowledge regarding N/A Coyote capabilities. I could see a cammed/CJ car breaking your heart my friend.

Love your car though! hope you get some tire under that thing with all that torque :)

T.Man

Established Member
I don't doubt the OPs kill one bit, considering the optimized combo (Ethanol, full exhaust, CJ intake/TB, suspension, gears, bigs/littles, weight reduction etc.). I'm actually surprised the Z was inching back up.

Good kill OP.

FWIW, here's a Roadrunner with an almost identical setup(Full exhaust, 3.73s, ported CJ, big TB, big intake, weight reduction, suspension, bigs/littles, twin disc & AED tune) at 475whp running away from a well setup 520whp 3V. Imagine if this Boss was running ethanol... :uh oh:

Boss (475whp) VS Procharged 3V (520whp): 15 roll: http://youtu.be/TveO4e8qpNk

Users who are viewing this thread