Clearkote over Zaino?

BLK_03

Established Member
Try it on the cobra first using tips and advice given in this thread (albeit kinda long) before you jump to returning.

If you are not satisfied with this product, it's gonna be tough finding something you will be satisfied with!!!

Good luck.

Juiced-03

Established Member
Here is the policy I found on their site:

side_graphic.gif

Juiced-03

Established Member
Here are my Clearkote results from yesterday. The first pic was taken a week ago, I dont know if it was the lighting or the products, but its food for thought lol! I am not the best photographer in the world, so dont grill me too much for the pics lol.

Last weeks' pic:
fe28^011.jpg

Yesterday with Meguiars #9 Swirl Remover, Clearkote Vanilla Moose, Poorboys EX Sealant, and Clearkote Carnauba Moose:
mr06^014.jpg

mr06^012.jpg

mr06^001.jpg

mr06^007.jpg

My brother and his friend checking my work lol
mr06^006.jpg

mr06^008.jpg

mr06^010.jpg

mr06^011.jpg

Juiced-03

Established Member
The car looks SOO much more brighter and wetter than it ever did before. As a detailer, I have tried so many combos on my car and this one is by far the best for ease of use and end result. My combo before consisted of Klasse AIO, SG, and S100 wax.

Yellow has to be the hardest color to make an impression with :bash:

Last edited:

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
Thanks for sharing juiced... You got me sold, now what does the Poor boys EX do for you?

Juiced-03

Established Member
Basically just seals the paint and adds more protection. This is the worst paint I have ever had on a new car so the more protection the better. Not something you need to go buy, I just have so many bottles of products I figured I would throw it in there lol!

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by Juiced-03
Basically just seals the paint and adds more protection. This is the worst paint I have ever had on a new car so the more protection the better. Not something you need to go buy, I just have so many bottles of products I figured I would throw it in there lol!
Your car looks sweet!

It was nice today so I thought I'd throw on some Klasse AIO and take some pics.

tn_IMG_0939.jpg

Juiced-03

Established Member
Looks awesome Dan! I could not have done better myself! You always make me jealous when you post up your car. SB was the color I wanted, but Zinc was all my dealer had. That looks great! Did you use the Klasse SG after the AIO?

03DOHC

Established Member
Just the AIO. I got a big bottle of the stuff for a good price so I'm going to use it all before I try something else. :-D

This car takes pics way better than my white car did.

Your car looks sweet dude, no reason to be jealous. :beer:

03SVTCOBRA10TH

Established Member
OK, just read the entire thread, I have a new torch red 10th cobra.

The recommended procedure is:

1. wash with dawn
2. sealant (which one)
3. VM (not in circles.....why??)
4. CM (how many coats??.....circles??)

What about tires???...... and wheels???...... I have 10th annv. wheels, painted or powder coated silver.

P.S. "Daniel san, show me wax the car" Mr. Meogi (sp??)

Last edited:

OH3Cobra

HP is my vice
Established Member
Originally posted by 03SVTCOBRA10TH

1. wash with dawn
2. sealant (which one)

What about tires???...... and wheels???...... I have 10th annv. wheels, painted or powder coated silver.

1a. Claybar.
1b. Wash again
Tires. Meguirs purple stuff. Inside. protectant 303

BLK_03

Established Member
Originally posted by 03SVTCOBRA10TH

1. wash with dawn
2. sealant (which one)

#2: Not necessarily sealant, but a swirl and scratch remover. Meguiars #9 swirl remover has been suggested.

#3: Forward and back motions on horizontal panels (hood, roof, trunk), up and down on vertical panels (panels, doors). Has something to do with light reflectivity and minimizing MORE swirling by using the circular motion. You really only need one coat here.

#4: Apply same way. Forward and back. Up and down. Once coat is fine here as well. A second coat would only be good for a spot here and there you may have accidentally missed. (In other words, one, well applied coat is fine.

It's funny you bring up the karate kid thing. On the actual bottle of clearkote it REALLY says "waxxa on, waxxa off!"

03SVTCOBRA10TH

Established Member
Originally posted by BLK_03
#2: Not necessarily sealant, but a swirl and scratch remover. Meguiars #9 swirl remover has been suggested.

#3: Forward and back motions on horizontal panels (hood, roof, trunk), up and down on vertical panels (panels, doors). Has something to do with light reflectivity and minimizing MORE swirling by using the circular motion. You really only need one coat here.

#4: Apply same way. Forward and back. Up and down. Once coat is fine here as well. A second coat would only be good for a spot here and there you may have accidentally missed. (In other words, one, well applied coat is fine.

It's funny you bring up the karate kid thing. On the actual bottle of clearkote it REALLY says "waxxa on, waxxa off!"

GOOD INFO THANKS!!!!!!!!

I use tire wet, but it leaves spots on the quarter panels after I drive it, It let it dry, even tryed to use very little........ what do you guys recommend??????

Also, I am getting lost of brake dust on my wheels, I need to clean weekly, I use car soap but it still leaves little spots, what do you guys recommend?????????

DNeinstadt

Established Member
Blk_03,

Ok, I have used Zaino on my black '01 since forever ago, and now I've got a Mystic. I'm anxious to clay bar & wash for the first time and wax 'er up. Should I buy the $35 combo listed on their front page with Vanilla Moose and Carnuba Moose wax?

And how does Mystic show up with these?!

I'll order today if I can figure this out?

Dan

nugen

Established Member
It's gonna be difficult to give up the Turtle Wax, but I think I'm gonna try this Clearkote stuff too. I think I'll spring for the random orbit buffer though, I hate waxing my car when I could be driving it!

BLK_03

Established Member
Originally posted by DNeinstadt
Blk_03,

Ok, I have used Zaino on my black '01 since forever ago, and now I've got a Mystic. I'm anxious to clay bar & wash for the first time and wax 'er up. Should I buy the $35 combo listed on their front page with Vanilla Moose and Carnuba Moose wax?

And how does Mystic show up with these?!

I'll order today if I can figure this out?

Dan

D,

The verdict is still out on the results of clearkote on mystichrome. But for ease of application alone, it is worth it. The mysti is a little on the dark side so I would imagine it could work it's magic on the mysti!!!

Yes, order the special they have listed on the web page (www.specialtymotoring.com). It comes with the vanilla moose hand glaze, carnuba moose wax, and three killer microfiber cloths. Make sure you wash them first before using...

DNeinstadt

Established Member
I ordered the $35 kit last night that you guys recommended. I have Zaino at home and will try Clearkote first. If all else fails, I can use the Zaino but I trust all you guys out there!

Thanks for the recommendations. I'll post pics if/when I can!

Dan

Users who are viewing this thread