Clutch system fluid and shift issues.

bdcardinal

I Spend car money on guns
Established Member
Premium Member
Definitely thinking of trying this. The p/n for the manual transmission master cylinder reservoir is 9R3Z-2K478-C. For the automatic it is 9R3Z-2K478-B. Looks like it will come with the seals where it connects to the master cylinder.

VETTEHUNTER

No cure for this disease.
Established Member
Definitely thinking of trying this. The p/n for the manual transmission master cylinder reservoir is 9R3Z-2K478-C. For the automatic it is 9R3Z-2K478-B. Looks like it will come with the seals where it connects to the master cylinder.

Awesome. Thanks.

04SNK390HP

I hate SHEEPLE
Established Member
Anyone have a better idea for blocking off the brake res?

For whatever reason I don't feel comfortable with just a cap and worm clamp....

What does the automatic version look like?

Not really sure why you woudn't feel comfortable with with the cap and worm clamp. A worm gear clamp is stronger than the factory tension clamp that is holding the factory line on right now..

Last edited:

Sick_Mustang

Established Member
Not really sure why you woudn't feel comfortable with with the cap and worm clamp. A worm gear clamp is stronger than the factory tension clamp that is holding the factory line on right now..

Just the possibility of the cap splitting open or coming off. You gotta think about the cap and res getting hot (expanding) cooling (shrinking) over time due to weather and just the fluid temperature in general. Or maybe the dot4 fluid may not like your specific cap material,causing it to deteriorate or become gummy. While that sounds extreme, it's a possibility.I have seen crazier things happen in life. While I am sure this would probably never happen, is it worth the risk? Maybe a possible better solution?

Can't imagine not having brakes after doing 100+ on one of my spirited drives on the back county roads.

bdcardinal

Established Member
Premium Member
I got the GTO reservoir in, and I should be getting the automatic reservoir on Monday.

Question I have is what did the people that have done this used for mounting bolts? Did you just use a self tapping fastener into the tower, or did you make it a little more in depth?

fulanititoo8198

Established Member
Did yours come with the line or anything else? Mine is just the reservoir alone even though I ordered the part number provided. I thought the rubber hose came with it.

bdcardinal

Established Member
Premium Member
Did yours come with the line or anything else? Mine is just the reservoir alone even though I ordered the part number provided. I thought the rubber hose came with it.

Just the reservoir. You re-use the hose with the GTO reservoir. It should reach no problem if the GTO reservoir is mounted on the strut tower.

Dineau

Established Member
I got the GTO reservoir in, and I should be getting the automatic reservoir on Monday.

Question I have is what did the people that have done this used for mounting bolts? Did you just use a self tapping fastener into the tower, or did you make it a little more in depth?

Do you have the GTO part number ?

08mojo

Established Member

I drilled and tapped the strut tower. Used a 1/4-20 bolt and loctite.

draxxus131

Established Member
So can anyone say after doing this modification, if it at all fixed/solved their clutch pedal sticking issues?

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Nice mod, next step..get a good aftermarket clutch and your set for the long haul.....

How long can you go before you have to change the fluid again?

Last edited:

bdcardinal

Established Member
Premium Member
I got everything in to do this. I got the GTO reservoir, Mustang automatic transmission brake reservoir, and a few bottles of DOT 4LV. I also have Stoptech braided stainless lines and Speed Bleeders since I will have the system open. Just need a free weekend to get it all done.

fulanititoo8198

Established Member
I got everything in to do this. I got the GTO reservoir, Mustang automatic transmission brake reservoir, and a few bottles of DOT 4LV. I also have Stoptech braided stainless lines and Speed Bleeders since I will have the system open. Just need a free weekend to get it all done.

Your using the auto reservoir so that the clutch line is blocked off? PN?:banana::banana:

bdcardinal

Established Member
Premium Member
Your using the auto reservoir so that the clutch line is blocked off? PN?:banana::banana:

9R3Z-2K478-B It comes with new seals. I think it will look "cleaner" with the auto reservoir. The master cylinder itself is the same no matter what. When you order the master cylinder itself there is no reservoir.

Users who are viewing this thread