Cobra > Camaro SS

musclefan21

Established Member
I wish i would run into a cobra that runs like some of the cobras on this site. Seems like all the pullied cobras on here run mid 11's at 120mph LOL.

I wish i ran into a some F-bodies like some guys on this site when I had my cobra, sounds like a mild cammed f-body walks on pullied cobras like it is a stock civic with missfire in all 4 cylinders.

Last edited:

BayareaSS

Established Member
I wish i ran into a some F-bodies like some guys on this site when I had my cobra, sounds like a mild cammed f-body walks on pullied cobras like it is a stock civic with missfire in all 4 cylinders.

I just think some cobras around here don't perform how they should. If you ran into me im sure i'll give you a fight

musclefan21

Established Member
The fact that a newer vehicle costs more isn't surprising. An optioned Camaro SS or WS6 was a $30,000+ car in 2002, the Cobra was $33,000-36,000 in 03-04. Considering you get a car with a fully-forged motor that even detuned makes 60 more rwhp, an IRS (important to some, although not me), Brembo Brakes, dual fuel pumps, etc., etc. and the cost/value proposition looks pretty good.

Cobras cost much more to mod? That's news to me and the rest of the automotive world.

You mean the nearly $50,000 MSRP f-body?

My Cobra is no more cheaply made than my 2000 Formula was. :shrug: And the differences between the Cobra and V6 are at least as distinctive as between a Z28 and it's V6 counterpart. I can see how the V8 and V6 Camaros are so very different looking :bash:.....LOL:

new8.jpg

1280_1.jpg

Ummm, there's quite a bit more to it than that.

I didn't realize you could build a completely forged LSx motor AND add a blower for just over $3,000. :rolleyes: If I knew that, I would have never sold my Formula. :burnout:

I am still reading the thread but I had to say,

Larry, this was one hell of a PWANGE!!!!! :rockon:

musclefan21

Established Member
Those who say a H/C/I fbody can run with your regular twinscrew cobra,

well here is a video of me racing against a friend. Pay attention to the left lane, the car is a twinscrewed 600rwhp and 590rwtq full weight, SRA car. Your "regular" twinscrewed cobra.

since my car performed pretty good, You guys should get a really good idea abou twinscrewed terinators. Look how well the twinscrewed cobra performed and how badly he walked away from us. We got the hit and he was still pulling hard when we shut down. Again, I trapped 123mph best of and consistent 122mph (on cool days) and was running 11s all day long on a hot as hell day with best of 11.3. So he didnt walk away like that from a stock cobra or a 12- 13 sec. cobra.

FlatlinerVSDoodad

Yep, they are that slow..... :rolleyes:

Last edited:

musclefan21

Established Member
If you care about having a cool dyno sheet then get a cobra.

yep, the guy makes 600rwhp and runs 10.4 with a full weighted car. Looks just like any other dyno queen to me.

or a 455rwhp car running low 11s, that sounds just like one of the dyno queens too...

P.S. those who say fbody is cheaper to mod, I hope you are kidding. I spent $1200.00 total to my car and it was beating cammed F-bodies, bolts on, sprayed LS1s and I didnt have to worry about breaking the rear end...

jealousy is a bitch

Last edited:

PWORLDSTANG

Bring 'Em Out
Established Member
yep, the guy makes 600rwhp and runs 10.4 with a full weighted car. Looks just like any other dyno queen to me.

or a 455rwhp car running low 11s, that sounds just like one of the dyno queens too...

P.S. those who say fbody is cheaper to mod, I hope you are kidding. I spent $1200.00 total to my car and it was beating cammed F-bodies, bolts on, sprayed LS1s and I didnt have to worry about breaking the rear end...

jealousy is a bitch

:lol::lol::lol:

BayareaSS

Established Member

jealousy is a bitch

We could do this all day. What about 420hp cars running low 11's full weight. So far i'm not jealous of cobra's maybe when i see some good ones in person i'll get jealous :rollseyes

musclefan21

Established Member
We could do this all day. What about 420hp cars running low 11's full weight.

full weight what? 3000lbs with driver? ROFL!! You are the one said "if you want a dyno queen, go buy a cobra" and I gave a fullweighted (3800lbs+ or more with a driver )cobra example. You obviously have nothing to say to that. What kind of power you make and what kind of times you run at track bro? Just curious.

So far i'm not jealous of cobra's maybe when i see some good ones in person i'll get jealous :rollseyes

then you need to get your head out of your butt bro.

Last edited:

Jroc

Established Member
After all your post in this thread.....It's official that you are the most biased guy in the road kill section. :bash: I wish this stupid ass thread would get locked so all this middle school arguing would stop

Actually I can and will show you some example of how I'm not. I'm just making sure you Fbody guys understand that your not going to come on here and talk shit with a bunch of Mustang guy and not have anything said back to you. I've know plenty enough Fbody guys and y'all are some stuck up MoFo's on your cars. But honestly a Terminator is a better car than a Fbody, and yes I'm a Ford/Mustang guy.

I believe that fully load Fbodies weigh around 100 to 150 lbs less. A 26 spline input shaft is a popular mod for an 03/04 Cobra as the factory 10 spline is a little weak. I believe that Vipers come with 31 spline input shafts and that 26 spline is on most GM cars with T-56's.

Also a factory LS motor will handle quite alot of power, it just won't handle a lot of boost in its factory form as it wasn't intended to be boosted from the factory. People will H/C/I and spray a pretty big shot into a car with a factory LS bottomend and it will be making a lot of power. Still a fully forged Ford motor is stronger as its built with stronger parts. I would image that the new SC GM motors should have similar strength but IDK for sure.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/terminator-talk-229/545649-making-power-ford-worth-money.html

To the OP. I would trade for the Cobra, but I'm a Ford guy so its hard for me to give you an unbiast opinion. Honestly it sounds like you have an extremely badass Camaro. Modded Fbodies are very fast, fun cars, and I've never even been in one with a big bore/stroker motor so I can just imagen how fast it would be seeing as how just a cammed and bolton one will move on out pretty good. Like others have said I think 98-02 WS6's are some of the best looking cars ever. The only part I don't like on that car is the door handles don't match the rest of the body IMO, but thats petty as hell.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...nyone-go-highly-mod-ls1-car-terminator-3.html

I think a Fbody has a much better shifter location. And I do mean MUCH better.

Both cars are great Muscle Cars for modding IMO.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/terminator-talk-229/535299-ls1-gone-lets-talk-cobra.html

Hum, IDK a Fbody is a very good drag racing car, and they launch much better than a pre-05 Mustang on a stock suspension, and IMO a 03/04 Cobra is the hardest Mustang that I've every driven to launch good. (I don't go to the track, I'm just talking from driving the cars on the street) I've talked to people that DR their Terminators and they say with a stock suspension setup it takes some finesse to get a good launch. Also Fbodies are fast for the power they make. I think it probably has alot to do with the way a LSx goes about making its power. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying your going loss, and not to do this race, I'm just saying don't go half steppin to him. Fbodies with a few mods will run, especially with some spray, and especially more if he was cammed to go along with it.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/terminator-talk-229/521137-whipple-cobra-vs-camaro-ss.html

That should be enough examples and you will notice that none are in the section that we're in right now whatever its called. I have respect for Fbodies I just don't show it to their owners unless they are talking to me and showing me respect for having a cool car and I'm especially not showing a bunch of trolls respect for their cars who admitly come on here to try and keep us in check our own forum. You have to look at it through the eyes of a Mustang enthusiast. Most GM/Fbody enthusiast really like the fact that throwout history the Fbody more often than not were generally faster than their counterpart Mustangs, and they really like tell and bragging on this to Ford/Mustang enthusiast. What do you think was one of the big reasons I wanted a 03/04 Cobra, and why do you think I keep telling you how they are infact better performance cars than Fbodies? Lord knows Fbodies like any other LS powered car have huge potential, and I do understand and respect that. Just yesterday I saw a guy with a car just like your and it had a pretty decent size cam and sounded very badass, and I imagen it was a pretty strong runner, but other than being cammed I don't know what the car had.

Also I think this is fun as hell. Have fun with it. IMO theres nothing wrong with an internet argument and some shit talk as long as your not threating to kick someones ass who live 1000 miles away or something stupid like that

Last edited:

commando

Established Member
You know good and dam* well you are not looking for the constant ass whuppins you will receive messing around with the Cobra's. Getting spanked by one cobra aint no big deal. Getting whupped by that same cobra and all of the other cobras on a weekly basis does terrible things to ones confidence.

Cobra owners collect scalps as a hobby. You will need Rogaine.

+1
Right on. Bow before the mighty terminator. :bowdown: The absolute best car for under 100K in the entire world. When snakes attack...

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
One little kill story and everyone has got their panties in a bunch...

Bench racers, please report to the nearest door and slam your fingers in it so that you can't type up complete bullshit. Thanks and have a nice day.

Take it to the track and back your shit up or GTFO.

Marlon, me and you, brotha. Lets do this!!! :beer:

MystictealLt1

Established Member
Actually I can and will show you some example of how I'm not. I'm just making sure you Fbody guys understand that your not going to come on here and talk shit with a bunch of Mustang guy and not have anything said back to you. I've know plenty enough Fbody guys and y'all are some stuck up MoFo's on your cars. But honestly a Terminator is a better car than a Fbody, and yes I'm a Ford/Mustang guy.

There are alot of fbody guys who think their car is the best thing to hit the streets but ALOT of you cobra guys are no better....but theres always a group of people like that in EVERY car brand you guys all know that lol both cars have alot of potential :rockon:

p.s- that wasnt a post to stir shit up on here,never have done that and never will :beer:

Last edited:

BayareaSS

Established Member
One little kill story and everyone has got their panties in a bunch...

Bench racers, please report to the nearest door and slam your fingers in it so that you can't type up complete bullshit. Thanks and have a nice day.

Take it to the track and back your shit up or GTFO.

Marlon, me and you, brotha. Lets do this!!! :beer:

LOL i'm down on the street of course :burnout:

Musclefan....my car runs 12.9 at 130 :thumbsup:

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
LOL i'm down on the street of course :burnout:

Musclefan....my car runs 12.9 at 130 :thumbsup:

How about this... We run at the track and loser pays for the track fees.

I can't street race, bro... Haven't done it in a very long time.

Or we can just cruise and have everyone shake in fear as they feel the rumble of 1,300+ RWHP coming at them. :rockon:

Jroc

Established Member
There are alot of fbody guys who think their car is the best thing to hit the streets but ALOT of you cobra guys are no better....but theres always a group of people like that in EVERY car brand you guys all know that lol both cars have alot of potential :rockon:

p.s- that wasnt a post to stir shit up on here,never have done that and never will :beer:

I 100% agree.

Many Cobra owner(and I'm probably included sometime) have too high of an opinion of their cars, but like you said it has great potential just like an Fbody does, and getting a big head is in many cases part of having a fast car. :beer:

As a Mustang Cobra owner I don't have a problem admitting that cars like Vipers, ZO6's, or even base model Vettes are just better performance cars than Mustang Cobra's, but I personnally would rather have a Cobra because I'm a Ford Guy, which means I like Mustangs, and Mustang Cobra's, etc. I've even seem on forums were atleast one ZO6 owner who use to be Fbody owner says that they missed their Fbody and wish they had it back inplace of the ZO6 even though it isn't the all around performance car the ZO6 is. That the rawness or whatever of the Fbody was just funner to them, but IDK, I have no ZO6 experiance.

Users who are viewing this thread