Cobra Jet intake on a Vortech/Paxton can't be done right? WRONG ;)

PhillyLS1

Established Member
So this is what I've been tinkering with. I said to my buddy "I think I'm the first to do this."

He replied "I think you're the first to actually need a functional cowl hood!" :p

This was labor intensive. But the power it should make hopefully will make it worth it. Talking to a few people about making a kit :-D

Credit for the idea goes to Revolution Auto. Rev Auto FTW.

IMG_20140608_185011_zpsx6jganvm.gif

IMG_20140608_183727_zpskadiwecb.gif

IMG_20140606_204026_zps3tjy0rjm.gif

20140608_101743_zpsxuvrmt1u.gif

IMG_20140608_130221_zpst2v18cgc.gif

Voltwings

Established Member
... did they scoot the manifold back, I dont feel like mine is nearly as close to the firewall? Something just looks off with the fitment lol but i cant quite put my finger on it... it may be because im looking at it on my phone.

PhillyLS1

Established Member
... did they scoot the manifold back, I dont feel like mine is nearly as close to the firewall? Something just looks off with the fitment lol but i cant quite put my finger on it... it may be because im looking at it on my phone.

Manifold is in the stock location. Just higher.

Looks really good.

Thank you sir. It's been fun trying to do something new.

blkGT500nCA

Established Member
What's the back story? Why do these parts not normally work together? Looks legit to me.

Voltwings

Established Member
Manifold is in the stock location. Just higher.

AHH, that must be it.

What's the back story? Why do these parts not normally work together? Looks legit to me.

Yeah, thats the point of this thread haha. The Throttlebody and blower unit both want to occupy the same space using both of these pieces as is. Rev auto found a way to make it work by raising the manifold slightly it seems based on the above ^^ i'm sure they'll chime in with a bit more info at some point.

Gpcalero

Cuz Racecar
Established Member
I am curious to know if this setup will work with a stock hood and k-member with 1/2 lowered motor mounts...

PC03GT

Established Member
So, any details you can give out? Stock short block or you gonna be on e85? I know Adam's going to squeeze everything he can out of it.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Should be awesome especially mid to redline...curious if it will work with a paxton a slightly bigger head unit.

PhillyLS1

Established Member
I am curious to know if this setup will work with a stock hood and k-member with 1/2 lowered motor mounts...

It just might. It's somewhere between an inch to an inch and a half of clearance needed.

So, any details you can give out? Stock short block or you gonna be on e85? I know Adam's going to squeeze everything he can out of it.

Car is still on stock oil pump gears. So we'll see. Doubt anything earth shattering will come until the gears are in. I will never go E85. I attend too many events and trying to refuel is a pain in the ass.

Should be awesome especially mid to redline...curious if it will work with a paxton a slightly bigger head unit.

It will.

Users who are viewing this thread