Cobra Mustang IRS Delrin/UHMW/Alum bushing kit w/adj. sway bar links & bumpsteer kit

xhailofgunfirex

Established Member
Welp, I finally got my car on the road after doing an IRS swap in it with Bruces full delrin kit, WOWWWWW, is all I got to say about how it handles, and its not even aligned yet. I went from MM LCA's and MM panhard bar to 03 cobra irs with bruces delrin kit, I love my car sooo much right now.

I have huge amount of props to Bruce, guy answers every single PM I send him, 90% of the time he answers within a few hours. Answers every part of the question, always trys to help out and gives advice. He is one of the best guys ive done business with on any website forum, or even any online retailer period.

The directions he gave were great, and all the bushings were very nicely packaged and labeled wonderfully, all the delrin was high quality.

Thank you Bruce.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
poneypower said:
Well I got my complete kit installed. My shop didn't completely read the directions at first :bash: but Bruce was right there to help us out. I can't say enough what a quality product this is and what a great guy Bruce is. My shop was extremely impressed with the kit and they work on Vettes for a living. They couldn't stop talking about the quality.

As for how I like it....I'd slap someone if they got another kit over this one. My car hopped like a freakin jack rabbit before and now nada.....no hop whatsoever and that is with my Khumo Supra 712s on. I got the car back Friday night and went and got it aligned and had the pinion angle adjusted (which I think still needs some fine tuning) and I took it out all day today. I also had 4.30s installed along with a Billetflow IRS girdle and FRPP IRS cross member and 03 shafts. The car spins on hard launches and on hard 2nd gear slams. No hop anywhere! I can't get over how different the car is, I wish I had started with this stuff right off the bat. On top of that, my subframe connectors and Billetflow IRS brackets will go on in a few weeks....I can't imagine what the car will be like after that. Solid axel swap......bah humbug! IRS FTMFW!!! :beer:

John:

Thanks for posting your comments about the kit. I'm glad you're happy with it. I hope your pinion angle issue is addressed by now?

Thanks also for letting me quote your comments in my sig for a while! :-D

xhailofgunfirex said:
Welp, I finally got my car on the road after doing an IRS swap in it with Bruces full delrin kit, WOWWWWW, is all I got to say about how it handles, and its not even aligned yet. I went from MM LCA's and MM panhard bar to 03 cobra irs with bruces delrin kit, I love my car sooo much right now.

I have huge amount of props to Bruce, guy answers every single PM I send him, 90% of the time he answers within a few hours. Answers every part of the question, always trys to help out and gives advice. He is one of the best guys ive done business with on any website forum, or even any online retailer period.

The directions he gave were great, and all the bushings were very nicely packaged and labeled wonderfully, all the delrin was high quality.

Thank you Bruce.

Chris:

Thank you for also posting your experience with the kit. It's always nice to hear people's impressions of their car once they get the kit in it.

The first time I had the kit in my car April of '04 at Mid-Ohio, I was speechless. I could no believe I was driving the same car I drove the previous year. My ass end was now planted when I went around the corners and the car drove like it was on rails. I wanted to stop the car on the front stretch and get out to do cartwheels! :D But thankfully, I resisted the urge. ;-) Chasing down the Z06's on track became down right child's play! ;-) :poke:

I cannot stress enough how seriously compromised the IRS is delivered from the factory with all of the damn rubber that's in there.

This kit started out as an IRS fix for road racing. As it turns out, there are actually more guys enjoying it on the street now putting down their power smoothly, efficiently and without the dreadded hop! :pepper:

Chris you're very welcome. I'm glad you're happy with the kit.

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

poneypower

They call me Shipwreck!
Established Member
I'm getting the pinion angle fixed tonight. I've been sick the last few days and didn't have a chance to work on it. Then I am going to go out and have some fun! :banana:

AngelOreo

Special
Established Member
How do you know if your Pinion angle is off.. noise.. whining? how do you know what is right? Test drive.. change.. more test driving? Ready to do this.. but want to make sure I got my info together.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
AngelOreo said:
How do you know if your Pinion angle is off.. noise.. whining? how do you know what is right? Test drive.. change.. more test driving? Ready to do this.. but want to make sure I got my info together.

Before you can tell if your angles are off, you have to measure them.

Here's a copy/paste from my installation instructions regarding the front diff mounts and the pinion angle:

This angle at the rear of the drive shaft should match the front drive shaft
angle coming out of the transmission. For example if the drive shaft angle coming out of the transmission is 2 degrees you want to match the rear angle also at 2 degrees. This can be done with a machinists angle finder. Compare the drive shaft angle to the rear face of the transmission and the pinion flange face.

This is only a vibration/harmonics issue. It has nothing to do with noise or whining.

The faster you go, the more important your pinion angle is. If you only drive on the freeway, you only need it close. If you're on a racetrack going 150mph, you need it real close!

Hope that helps?

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Once I get my job and winter is closer i'll be ordering a set.

I actually have an excuse to tear the car apart now.

poneypower

They call me Shipwreck!
Established Member
AngelOreo said:

Bruce answered it. :D My situation is a long story. I took it somewhere after all the bushings were installed to have an alignment and asked them to just check the pinion angle for me to make sure it was right because I had a slight vibration. The next thing I knew they had taken washers out of the front diff mount, and then come to find out he had "eyeballed" the angle instead of checking it :bash:. So I am going to have him put the washers back in and then have someone else check the angle for me and adjust it if need be. I might be getting an aluminum drive shaft as well.

JMBLOWNWS6

Established Member
ac427cobra I havent forgot about your kit or the time you took to answer my Pm's. Your kit is on my list just need a little more time :)

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
JMBLOWNWS6 said:
ac427cobra I havent forgot about your kit or the time you took to answer my Pm's. Your kit is on my list just need a little more time :)

JM:

No problem. I'll be here when you're ready!

Just as a heads up here guys, I'm heading out tomorrow to Mosport (Toronto) and Watkins Glen for a little R&R. Yeah, I know, :rollseyes that's some crazy R&R!! :pepper:

I will return on June 8th and will have the backordered stuff some of you are waiting for. There will be extremely limited (read none) internet access for me during that time. So, be patient. I'll get everyone taken care of when I return!

Thanks again everyone for the great comments on the kit. Enjoy those kick ass IRS's!!!!! :rockon:

SC_Terminator

Used to own a Boss
Established Member
I am new to the board, and it wouldn't let me send you a private message. I am interested in ordering the kit....can you pm me the payment information? Do you take paypal?

Thanks....

Frank

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
SC_Terminator said:
I am new to the board, and it wouldn't let me send you a private message. I am interested in ordering the kit....can you pm me the payment information? Do you take paypal?

Thanks....

Frank

Frank:

You can drop me a line at my alternate email addy. bruce1995bmc at yahoo dot com

Yes, I take Pay-Pal.

Bionik_P

Established Member
I won't post up too much in this thread, but I've done a huge review on a ton of suspension parts in my Cobra at this thread:
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5151557#post5151557

I will say this about Bruce and his kit:

Bruce is an extremely knowledgable guy who was able to answer all of my dumb questions that I threw at him. Many times Bruce answered my questions within a couple of hours. I know there were many times where I thought to myself that Bruce was laughing on his side of the computer at some of the questions I asked, but he always came back with a professional and knowledgable answer. As far as Bruce's kit......this is some high quality stuff! I took each piece out and each piece was perfect....not a single flaw. All of the pieces went into the IRS with no problem what so ever. I believe that with all of the suspension mods I did, to include Bruce's kit, have solved my wheel hop problems in my vert.

A big thanks to Bruce and all the help you provided me!:-D

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Bionik_P said:
I won't post up too much in this thread, but I've done a huge review on a ton of suspension parts in my Cobra at this thread:

Bruce is an extremely knowledgable guy who was able to answer all of my dumb questions that I threw at him. Many times Bruce answered my questions within a couple of hours. I know there were many times where I thought to myself that Bruce was laughing on his side of the computer at some of the questions I asked, but he always came back with a professional and knowledgable answer. As far as Bruce's kit......this is some high quality stuff! I took each piece out and each piece was perfect....not a single flaw. All of the pieces went into the IRS with no problem what so ever. I believe that with all of the suspension mods I did, to include Bruce's kit, have solved my wheel hop problems in my vert.

Patrick:

Thank you for the kind words. I treat my customers like I would like to be treated if I was buying something on the internet.

I have put many on track hours (and mileage into the thousands) into the R&D of this IRS bushing set. My car has been flogged on the track to the Nth degree in the process. If something was not right, it was improved.

There is no such thing as a dumb question. :idea: However, there is such a thing as a dumb answer. And I will try to avoid that. ;-)

I have had my IRS out of my car about three times. And it's about to come out once again this next week. So I consider myself somewhat of an expert on the procedure.

If any of you guys have seen my on track videos:

http://www.trackdawgz.com/

You'll see that I'm a pretty hard core road racer. I'm not happy until I have squeezed every last drop of performance out of my IRS. The rear end of my car is a very important component. In my World, Mustang has always been greater than Corvette. Even though, Motor Trend, Road&Track etc, has disagreed. :fart: What the hell do they know! :loser: :lol:

IMHO I have a better set that what MM offers. I don't have the engineering staff or the R&D staff MM has. Therefore, I can sell the kit for a huge cost savings. Do I drive the car as hard as the MM guys do? Absolutely. Am I more picky than the MM guys? No Doubt! If it's not perfect, I'm not selling it. Simple as that. I have been selling aftermarket component replacement parts in my own business for 28 years and know a thing or two about manufacturing and selection of materials. You can rest assured you're getting the best there is to offer in this set.

It's your money and if you want to spend the extra money to buy their kit, that's your option. Just remember, you're not getting a better product. :read:

Someone asked me if I'm going to be running a Father's Day special? I highly doubt it. But that did give me an idea. I may very well run a Christmas special. :idea: I know all about guys wanting to buy themselves a special present for the Holidays. So I may very well do just that. Keep your eyes peeled for that around Halloween time! If I can put together a big enough order, I will pass the savings on to the group in the form of a group buy!

Stay tuned!!!

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Ok Guys:

Quick heads up here. Update on the OEM bushing removal tools.

ourremovaltoolsya1.jpg

I've had to raise the tool price by $5.00 because making these tools is kind of a PITA for me. I'm leaving the rental fee at the very affordable price of $5.00 but the purchase price is going from $35.00 to $40.00. So it's $40.00 either way. You can return them for a $35.00 deposit if you'd like.

I'm in the IRS bushing set business and I really don't want to be in the tool mfg. business. This may help encourage more rentals and the tools can keep cycling around to others that need them without me having to constantly make more.

Enjoy these bushing sets guys. I know you do!!

Bionik_P

Established Member
Bionik_P said:

Just a quick update: I finally had my tires road force balanced and now I don't have any wheel hop at all on the streets. All I have now are two patches of burnt rubber behind me!:pepper:

texaswrx

Established Member
What would you suggest if I wanted to do this in steps? I have a rear diff brace and pinion snubber at this time. I am lowered with c/c plates in use on the front. Thanks for any help.

John

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
texaswrx said:
What would you suggest if I wanted to do this in steps? I have a rear diff brace and pinion snubber at this time. I am lowered with c/c plates in use on the front. Thanks for any help.

John

John:

That is a very good question and I seem to get it a lot. I guess I need to add it to the FAQ I have in the first post of this thread?! :idea:

This project is a considerable undertaking. It's not an easy job. There is quite a bit of labor involved to drop your IRS assembly, replace all of the bushings and re-install it. There really is no good way to do the job in stages. If you can't afford the kit, I suggest you wait until you can buy the entire kit. It's sort of like the question "All of my tires on my car are bald, I can only afford two, which two should I replace first, the fronts or rears?"

The components in this package work in conjunction with each other. The key to the kit is the removal of ALL the rubber. Removing some or most of the rubber is only going to give you a marginal result.

I hope that answers your question?

Bruce

Users who are viewing this thread