Cobra Mustang IRS Delrin/UHMW/Alum bushing kit w/adj. sway bar links & bumpsteer kit

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
At the request and suggestion of some purchasers of our kit, I have completely re-written the installation instructions to help those of you who may not work on your cars very much. These new instructions will make it much easier and it does not assume you know the correct procedures for removing and replacing your IRS. It gives step by step instructions. I've done it four times on my R so I have a pretty good idea what needs to be done. I'm sure it will make the job less stressful.

If any of you previous purchasers have not installed your bushing set yet, PM me and I will see that you get a new copy of the instructions.

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

USBlueStage2

Established Member
New to the cobra world, and coming from a solid axle mustang, this sounds like a must have - the shudder and shake of wheel hop is totally beat.

DC97Cobra

Established Member
I'm interested in the bushing kit but will be purchasing it either in a week or maybe a fwe weeks. Dpends on what happens with work and time when I'm home. Do you have any complete kits available and do you also take credit cards?

Ryan23

Established Member
What's your Paypal addy? I'm looking to pick up the aluminum front diff supports w/aluminum shimming washers and the 14mm bolts for them. I'll add3% to cover the transaction fee. I don't have any post count so I can't send a PM.

Thanks,

Ryan

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Sorry Guys:

I've been on a week long Cruise and just returned.

DC97Cobra said:
I'm interested in the bushing kit but will be purchasing it either in a week or maybe a fwe weeks. Dpends on what happens with work and time when I'm home. Do you have any complete kits available and do you also take credit cards?

Dan:

Yes I have kits available but won't be able to ship until the end of February due to a slight design snafu on the new teal green upper control arm bushings. Shoot me a pm for payment options.

****Important note*****

Anyone that has purchased these teal green upper control arm bushings that has NOT received a PM from me, please contact me asap so I can get you fixed up!

Ryan23 said:
What's your Paypal addy? I'm looking to pick up the aluminum front diff supports w/aluminum shimming washers and the 14mm bolts for them. I'll add3% to cover the transaction fee. I don't have any post count so I can't send a PM.

Thanks,

Ryan

Ryan:

I'm not going to post my Pay-Pal addy publicly. Send me an email at bruce1995bmc at yahoo dot com (you know the drill, no spaces and not dot but . )

I'll get you hooked up.

Thanks,

Bruce

Ryan23

Established Member
ac427cobra said:
Sorry Guys:

I've been on a week long Cruise and just returned.

Ryan:

I'm not going to post my Pay-Pal addy publicly. Send me an email at bruce1995bmc at yahoo dot com (you know the drill, no spaces and not dot but . )

I'll get you hooked up.

Thanks,

Bruce

Bruce -

No sweat, that's understandable. YGM :)

Ryan

JoeAsheville

Asheville NC-Bohemian Wonderland
Established Member
Bruce, I'm considering this kit. Why was the material changed in the bushings for the upper control arms, and what is the problem? Sorry if this has been answered already in the thread further back...there are 131 posts in the thread and it would take a lot of time to wade through them all.

Thanks Bruce.

JPIStang

Stay Classy San Diego!
Established Member

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
JoeAsheville said:
Thanks Jon, for the link. Looks like it was changed for the right reasons.

Jon thanks for the helping hand! :-D

Joe, the material was not changed, it's still Delrin. Ken just had some cool colored material he made them out of. :coolman: It was just a redesign to get a larger diameter inner sleeve.

Bruce

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

magstang1

C'mon say it man RAMROD!
Established Member
I'm extremely tempted to pull the trigger on these bushings, but have already fallen victim to a previous person selling kits online. It seems though that your product is in a class of a completely different quality. I have been lurking for a while, and have not heard a single negative comment about your bushings. My question is, what kind of a guarantee are you offering. I am willing to be reasonable and accept that these are production cars, and there are some variances, but some things are just unacceptable as far as quality goes. Feel free to pm or email me. Magstang1 at yahoo. Thanks.

Last edited:

JPIStang

Stay Classy San Diego!
Established Member
Hey no problem Bruce.....I've read this thread so many times I figured I'd help him out. haha

magstang1, these bushing are top-notch. I was extremely happy with the quality and fitment.
Also, I have nothing to gain here, I only know Bruce from this thread and to a lesser extent, this forum-it's my honest opinion. And I'm pretty picky. My brother-in-law's joke is if something is really good, he calls it "Jon Quality". LOL

Last edited:

magstang1

C'mon say it man RAMROD!
Established Member
Thanks man. Once I offload these wheels that are collecting dust in my garage I'm going to give bruce some of my money.

Ryan23

Established Member
Bruce -
I'm a little confused as to what the 14mm bolts are for. The description called them the "front 14mm bolts". I jumped on them as I figured I would need them with the front aluminum diff mounts I ordered from you.

However, now that I have these in my hand, it looks like I was mistaken. They don't fit through the bushings (or washers for that matter). What are these bolts for??

Thanks,

Ryan
P.S. I don't have a Cobra, I'm just using the 03' rear end in my Mazda :)

Users who are viewing this thread