Cobra R type front splitter for 03/04. Who is interested? Guaging interest for mfgr

Are you interested in a Cobra R splitter for the stock 03/04 bumper?

• Yes, very interested

Votes: 111 41.4%
  • Depends on how it turns out

Votes: 95 35.4%
  • No not at all

Votes: 57 21.3%
  • Looking for a different style

Votes: 5 1.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AMP

SVT Dad X2
Established Member
I've been thinking about this ever since I bought my Cobra (only about a month ago). I had the idea for my Lightning, and was gonna work on a custom fiberglass piece this coming winter, but... the L's gone, and the Cobra's in, so maybe I'll build a glass prototype for an 03 Cobra instead. I always draw pictures first, so when I finally get around to it, I'll try to post them. (don't know how to post pics here yet). I like the idea of the cobra R splitter on the 03 bumper, but like anything... it has to be designed from scratch to work with everything else around it. It can have similarities to the 00R splitter, but it will end up different.

This should happen.

AMP

SVT Dad X2
Established Member
well, I got around to it sooner than later. My idea is a splitter that's smaller than the 00R, and looks better with the lines of the 03 Cobra. Also, it would be cool if it bolted on and off easily so you wouldn't have to worry about
f ing it up on the street if you drive on crappy roads.

(click for larger pic)

I do hope to make a one off piece some time this winter, and any design suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

thanks,
Aaron

Last edited:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I would have that ripped off the first time I drove it. Hell, I scrape the stock black trim piece all of the time as it is.

-Jeff

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
AMP said:
.... and any design suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

thanks,
Aaron

Screw the one off, make a bunch and sell em to us! :beer:

black 10th vert

Established Member
Did this ever happen? I want one of these for my car in either CF, or urethane! Anyone know what became of this venture?

RedfireVNM

Ahnald, GET TO THE CHOPPA
Established Member
Dude, talk about an old thread...dont post in these noob, just PM the OP about it

black 10th vert

Established Member
I wasn't the one who resurrected this thread! It was in this forum, so I posted to it. No need do be a jerk about it!

keith89

Established Member
seriously I'm glad he brought a thread back...if he started a new thread everyone would have told him to use the search button. Well guess what he did use the search.
I'd also be interested.

RedfireVNM

Ahnald, GET TO THE CHOPPA
Established Member
seriously I'm glad he brought a thread back...if he started a new thread everyone would have told him to use the search button. Well guess what he did use the search.
I'd also be interested.

DO NOT POST IN THESE THREADS...PM THE ORGINAL POSTER WITH A QUESTION...NOOB :nonono:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread