Collectors Insurance

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
Any of you guys have on your cars? Anyone have trouble recently renewing their policy?

I've had American Collectors for year and was just told this morning they are no longer covering my 04 because they've had too many losses on other cars of similar years.

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
National Corvette Museum Insurance

They insure all makes. They are agreed value club insurance and use American Modern. They allow driving your car to work 2 days a week. Many policies don't allow driving to work or running errands, so be aware of what you are buying. I've had many cars with them, but no claims so far.

Last edited:

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
I have Grundy on my 1996 Bronco. $214 / year with an agreed cash value of $38,500. Just renewed last month.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
no issues so far with grundy, price has been pretty stable over the last couple years - 50k agreed value on my 03 mach

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
no issues so far with grundy, price has been pretty stable over the last couple years - 50k agreed value on my 03 mach
$50k huh. American Collectors do a market research on the value of your car and argue with you about it. Grundy seems to be the cheapest so far.

Last edited:

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
$50k huh. American Collectors do a market research on the value of your car and argue with you about it. Grundy seems to be the cheapest so far.

i sent them a detailed list of the modifications w/ the cost of each (I did specify I bought a lot of stuff used but those were the replacement costs I was providing). We had base value of the vehicle at X and modifications at Y for the 50k total. i dont remember who but there was a carrier or two that didnt want to agree to the valuation.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
I had American Collectors. They suck. Didnt want to cover mods and fought me like crazy. Not even them, they just sell policies. Some other garbage company actually carries the policy. Theyre great until you have to actually pursue a claim.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
I had American Collectors. They suck. Didnt want to cover mods and fought me like crazy. Not even them, they just sell policies. Some other garbage company actually carries the policy. Theyre great until you have to actually pursue a claim.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
Thanks for that input Steve, had a manager try and make things right with me but my conversation this morning with another agent didn't leave a good taste in my mouth with them.

Grundy it is

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member
Haggerty here......no issues. Excellent coverage and agreed value. But they aint cheap......:(

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
Hagerty, 3 years now
I was honest with horsepower and mods
I have an agreed upon value of $70,000

I called them earlier this year to update my mileage and also asked for a discount because I didn't drive the car with the forecasted 3,000 miles a year as I originally told them.

They gave me a 30% discount on my premium.

beau t

Established Member
Grundy here also - - no issues w insurance and no claims - - - the issue i had was the DMV suspended my license because of no insurance ( i do a year at a time) and the people at the DMV i guess couldn't comprehend that so i had to get Grundy to resend it and resend it again then i think call (lol). Grundy was super helpful in taking care of it so i didn't have to leave work.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
I've had American Collectors for year and was just told this morning they are no longer covering my 04 because they've had too many losses on other cars of similar years.

That is really shitty, I have ACI because they were WAY cheaper for me than Hagerty or Grundy.

They did just drop a friend of mine who got a policy on his C8 vette because he doesn't have a house garage, he parks in a private gated below ground parking deck at his apt complex in Queens. They didn't like that apparently.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Hagerty, 3 years now
I was honest with horsepower and mods
I have an agreed upon value of $70,000

I called them earlier this year to update my mileage and also asked for a discount because I didn't drive the car with the forecasted 3,000 miles a year as I originally told them.

They gave me a 30% discount on my premium.
Gonna have to give this a try, my mileage has been shit for years

ccq8le

Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Party Liquor Posse
Hagerty here

Been with them 5 or 6 years now, I have 5 cars insured with them. They pick up the phone when I call and have always been helpful. I haven't had any claims, but i did have/use a tow truck service with them (it's included in the policy). They sent out a flat bed and were very helpful.

Would recommend

Sent from my SM-S916U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
Grundy here also - - no issues w insurance and no claims - - - the issue i had was the DMV suspended my license because of no insurance ( i do a year at a time) and the people at the DMV i guess couldn't comprehend that so i had to get Grundy to resend it and resend it again then i think call (lol). Grundy was super helpful in taking care of it so i didn't have to leave work.
same here but the mvc wants to just suspend my registration on the cobra. I have full coverage on my truck so they wont suspend my DL

Users who are viewing this thread