Confirming Production Number or FIRST Delivery

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
As I'm sure most of you know, I was somehow granted title of the luckiest son of a bitch in the Mustang community the other day.

I'm hoping maybe someone can tell me how to tell the order of production. I'd assumed it's based somehow off of the VIN.

Also, is there any way to determine if my car was indeed the FIRST consumer order recieved?

outlw

Established Member
my friend in Michigan got his red with white stripes that had a build week of 5/7 and he got it last tuesday..

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
As I'm sure most of you know, I was somehow granted title of the luckiest son of a bitch in the Mustang community the other day.

I'm hoping maybe someone can tell me how to tell the order of production. I'd assumed it's based somehow off of the VIN.

Also, is there any way to determine if my car was indeed the FIRST consumer order recieved?

What about a four corner weight with full gas update? It would be nice to know actual weight of a base gt500 w/ recaros.:idea:

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
What about a four corner weight with full gas update? It would be nice to know actual weight of a base gt500 w/ recaros.:idea:

The only local scale is at an Omnisource.. and I don't plan on taking the car through a scrap yard... yet :lol1:

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
The last thing I ever saw/heard was that the car had a schedule date of 5/7. Weeks before that I'd been told the car was hot tagged.

That's it.

I tried to stay pretty hands free with the whole process.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Did you ever get a delivery date or did it just show up?

My car showed up 2 days after OP, the day it was delivered, delivery date was still TBD.

Had to use an in the plant source to find out where it was.

Pretty much, if your car is being shipped via convoy- your car "should" be along 10 days after your build date.

Rail- depends on where in the country you are.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
My car showed up 2 days after OP, the day it was delivered, delivery date was still TBD.

Had to use an in the plant source to find out where it was.

Pretty much, if your car is being shipped via convoy- your car "should" be along 10 days after your build date.

Rail- depends on where in the country you are.

That sounds about right, I think I called Wednesday or Thursday and the lady on the speaking-device said no date scheduled for delivery.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
There are no truck scales at the large landscape facilities?

Large landscape facilities? :??: lol

Here is where I live:

DeKalb County, Indiana - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Fort Wayne is a few miles south, but I haven't been there since I bought the car. I'm actually still on my first tank of gas. Just under a quarter.

I tried launch control again tonight as well as the 'track use only' 0-60 timer...

something didn't work right,,,told me 9.3 :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread