Cops found our street racing website..

Status
Not open for further replies.

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
jshen said:
I am very appreciative to you officers who do that! We don't mind standing around as you build a better case for all of us. LEOs and ADAs are an equal partnership helping each other....Again, thanks.. :beer:

:lol: :lol: :thumbsup:

Mr.Shortround

Established Member
I wouldn't want my tax dollars paying for that while they are cutting the budget on education for my daughter and son. If you want a racetrack, go build one and run it.

I don't see the problem with the government building a racetrack, they build stadiums for baseball, basketball, and football. Why not build a track for cars??

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Mr.Shortround said:
I don't see the problem with the government building a racetrack, they build stadiums for baseball, basketball, and football. Why not build a track for cars??

The government doesnt build stadiums for baseball, basketball or football that is being played by unorganized amatuers. They subsidize the building of professional sports arenas to attract commerce and big dollars to their area. A drag strip doesnt do that.

NinetySixSVT

PacoTaco Defeater
Established Member
FordSVTFan said:
The government doesnt build stadiums for baseball, basketball or football that is being played by unorganized amatuers. They subsidize the building of professional sports arenas to attract commerce and big dollars to their area. A drag strip doesnt do that.

If Street Racing was such a growing problem, don't think feel the idea should at least be considered? Sure, it won't eliminate the problem entirely but it sure as hell would dent it significantly.

Could make a pretty good profit off of it as well.

skajake83

far from stock
Established Member
just letting you guys know if you want the servers clean then here is what you do. Run a program called max blast 3 or 4 times on the harddrives to ensure that the low level format did not skip any bit. I don't care if they have the fbi they will not be able to pull jack and shit off of it.

-Jake

mswaim

Dark Side Poster
Established Member
Here's a tip...........don't film yourself (or your friends) in the act of committing crimes and you won't have to scrub your hard drives!!!!!! :pop:

piss&vinegar

Seek and Destroy
Established Member
skajake83 said:
just letting you guys know if you want the servers clean then here is what you do. Run a program called max blast 3 or 4 times on the harddrives to ensure that the low level format did not skip any bit. I don't care if they have the fbi they will not be able to pull jack and shit off of it.

-Jake

a hammer works just as well

Lawman85

Banned
BucsFanUCF said:
If Street Racing was such a growing problem, don't think feel the idea should at least be considered? Sure, it won't eliminate the problem entirely but it sure as hell would dent it significantly.

Could make a pretty good profit off of it as well.

Sorry to offend anyone by this...but that is a stupid line of thought...

There are too many rapists...why don't we build a place and have a lot of willing women where they can just go and rape them there.. won't that stop most of it?

There's too much child abuse... why can't we build a place where parents can go and just kick the shit out of one or two kids to get all of their frustration out...??

Let's take an example a little closer.. there is too much inner-city crime... let's build youth development centers so the kids can go and stay out of trouble... we all know how well these work...

The bottom line is that it is illegal to street race, it is dangerous and stupid. Building race tracks will not eliminate street racing. I believe the only thing that will eliminate it are tougher penalties and fines... the government has to make the punishment high enough to deter kids from doing it... and they haven't done that yet.

Steeltwo

Established Member
there is a full nhra track here that is open on the weekend, and this place had a pretty bad street racing problem until they started days where normal cars could run without having to pay 70 bones like the 9-10 sec cars.

they use to have it once every other month, now it is three times a month. It does help, but street racing is still going to happen for the people who do not want to dump 35 bones and have to purchase a 100 dollar helmet.

street racing is like any crime
you can't get rid of it completely, but you can help it not be as bad.

Steeltwo

Established Member
97snake said:
Steeltwo - I understand your concern but don't interpret what he said literally. The guy is an officer- he puts his ass on the line every day to SAVE lives, not take them.
I know what he was trying to say, it's not hard to understand what he meant.

but what the words say in literal form are what would puzzle some people.

he means that he is willing to draw and put you in the ground if you try to bury him.
NOT that he is happy when he has to sling lead into someone.

WDW MKR

Established Member
Lawman85 said:

There are too many rapists...why don't we build a place and have a lot of willing women where they can just go and rape them there.. won't that stop most of it?

There's too much child abuse... why can't we build a place where parents can go and just kick the shit out of one or two kids to get all of their frustration out...??

Let's take an example a little closer.. there is too much inner-city crime... let's build youth development centers so the kids can go and stay out of trouble... we all know how well these work...

The bottom line is that it is illegal to street race, it is dangerous and stupid. Building race tracks will not eliminate street racing. I believe the only thing that will eliminate it are tougher penalties and fines... the government has to make the punishment high enough to deter kids from doing it... and they haven't done that yet.

This argument is completely absurd and has no relevance. You're talking about doing things that are illegal and morally wrong. While street racing is a crime, drag racing is not. Your flawed argument assumes that all racing is illegal. Child abuse, rape, and inner-city crime are illegal no matter where they're done. If you're going to counter a good suggestion like building more tracks, at least take the time to think of something somewhat credible.

For example, it is illegal to take target practice in the middle of the street. Even so, you can go to any shooting range and shoot as much ammunition as you want. Perhaps we shouldn't be building any more shooting ranges...

Last edited:

dfw99cobra

Established Member
Lawman85 said:

I don't believe that tougher punishment/fines will stop it. I think it will just make the cost of playing higher.

NinetySixSVT

PacoTaco Defeater
Established Member
Lawman85 said:

It wouldn't eliminate the problem, I believe I already touched on that when I said
BucsFanUCF said:
Sure, it won't eliminate the problem entirely but it sure as hell would dent it significantly.

Like I said, if street racing is such a upcoming problem and so many are so concerned about it, why wouldn't building governement tracks at least be considered for most areas?

Mr.Shortround

Established Member
The government doesnt build stadiums for baseball, basketball or football that is being played by unorganized amatuers.

Many highschools and colleges have events at professional stadiums. Plus any decent dragstrip can bring in nhra and other professional leagues.

They subsidize the building of professional sports arenas to attract commerce and big dollars to their area. A drag strip doesnt do that.

A drag strip brings in ALOT of money. Not only do people pay to use the strip, there is also a spectator fee. Then there are the concession stands, with everything from beer to t-shirts. Alot of money is spent on an open race day. This doesn't even consider large events like NHRA, or sport compact events. Racing, just like every other event, is a buisness and it is one of the largest out there.

don't film yourself (or your friends) in the act of committing crimes and you won't have to scrub your hard drives!!!!!!

Wow, I believe this is the first thing we have ever agreed upon! :D :beer:

Lawman85

Banned
WDW MKR said:
For example, it is illegal to take target practice in the middle of the street. Even so, you can go to any shooting range and shoot as much ammunition as you want. Perhaps we shouldn't be building any more shooting ranges...

The government doesn't build shooting ranges for the public. Those are private citizens that open/own those ranges.

So we have a lot of drive-by shootings here in Atlanta... maybe if the governemt would open a shooting range for these troubled youths to go and shoot their guns then we wouldn't have as many drive by shootings...right? Sounds like the same argument.

Lawman85

Banned
dfw99cobra said:
I don't believe that tougher punishment/fines will stop it. I think it will just make the cost of playing higher.

Eventually the cost of playing will outweight the thrill of playing...that is when it will stop and that is the purpose of the justice system... We just have to find out what cost is too much.

Steeltwo

Established Member
Mr.Shortround said:
A drag strip brings in ALOT of money. Not only do people pay to use the strip, there is also a spectator fee. Then there are the concession stands, with everything from beer to t-shirts. Alot of money is spent on an open race day. This doesn't even consider large events like NHRA, or sport compact events. Racing, just like every other event, is a buisness and it is one of the largest out there.

this is true

the local strip here has the import days more often because of the revenue.

on the big race days with the muscle cars, pro street etc etc.
you get MAYBE on a big day 120-150 cars on the 35 dolalr says
and probly 50-75 on the 70 dollar day.

But the 70 dollar days they go thru alot more VHT and people hours because they are just doing time trial after time trial and never actually do anything.

import days

at least 500 cars 35 a pop. after a few hours of time trials they do elims and are done by 4-5.
but the take for the day is MASSIVE.

WDW MKR

Established Member
Lawman85 said:
The government doesn't build shooting ranges for the public. Those are private citizens that open/own those ranges.

So we have a lot of drive-by shootings here in Atlanta... maybe if the governemt would open a shooting range for these troubled youths to go and shoot their guns then we wouldn't have as many drive by shootings...right? Sounds like the same argument.

I didn't say the government should pay for it. All I said was that your argument had absolutely no validity. You can't compare an activity that's legality hinges on location with an activity that is illegal no matter where you do it. Raping someone is wrong and illegal, no matter where you do it. Racing is completely safe at designated facilites, despite being illegal on public roadways. Same thing goes for your drive-by shooting analogy. Shooting a gun is not illegal; shooting a person with a gun is. I didn't argue anything... I simply pointed out that your argument was absurd.

It is a statistical fact that the availability of racing facilities helps to reduce street racing. Just look at the increase in street racing experienced in areas where rich assholes bought cheap land near dragstrips, then formed a commitee to close the facilities. You can also look at the support and success of "street racing" events held at local dragstrips.

soonerjoe

Established Member
Lawman85 said:

Wow, it is scary that my life may be in your hands sometime. :(

psikillz

turbo 94 cobra
Established Member
Lawman85 said:
Eventually the cost of playing will outweight the thrill of playing...that is when it will stop and that is the purpose of the justice system... We just have to find out what cost is too much.

As the cost of playing increases, so does the attractiveness of making a run for it and not pulling over. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread