Coyote crank problems?

Trav_69Stang

Sweet 69 Mustang
Established Member
Ok so im still learning about these new modular Coyotes, let alone the 4.6... I heard from one of my friends that the new non Boss Coyotes have weak cranks, ones that are making over 400 to the wheels to be exact... Wasn't sure if this was true or not because I see that a few guys such as beefcake and Evo Performance running stock blocks and boosting them and not having any problems...

Id like to do a Coyote swap in a 69 Coupe but when your 20 and in college... life sucks!

REPCobra10

Established Member
I think you should probably put your friend that told you that garbage out of your circle of trust when it comes to the Coyotes, sir!

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
The stock crank is good for WELL over 1000rwhp. Your friend is an idiot. Hell the stock rods(weak link) are good to over 600whp "safely". Please show your friend this thread so he KNOWS he is an idiot and should not spit "facts" unless he KNOWS them to be true.

Also, every modular crankshaft since iirc 1997(i believe the 96's had cast cranks) has been forged and good to over 1000whp. So he cant say, "oh, I meant the earlier 4.6's" or some stupid crap.

Last edited:

01yellercobra

Established Member
The stock crank is good for WELL over 1000rwhp. Your friend is an idiot. Hell the stock rods(weak link) are good to over 600whp "safely". Please show your friend this thread so he KNOWS he is an idiot and should not spit "facts" unless he KNOWS them to be true.

Also, every modular crankshaft since iirc 1997(i believe the 96's had cast cranks) has been forged and good to over 1000whp. So he cant say, "oh, I meant the earlier 4.6's" or some stupid crap.

The Cobra and Mach's with 5 speeds came with forged cranks. The GT's and Mach's with autos came with cast cranks.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
The Cobra and Mach's with 5 speeds came with forged cranks. The GT's and Mach's with autos came with cast cranks.

I was thinking it was the pistons that were different on the manual vs autos. Oh well

Trav_69Stang

Sweet 69 Mustang
Established Member

Really? I knew the Cobra's came forged but i didn't think the 5 speed machs did. Niiiiiice :)

Well, ha my friend is a Fbody owner and has a C5 Z06... Oops:loser::loser:

B7BlownSnake

Established Member
Coyote cranks are only good for 400 rwhp? So I guess every Coyote with just a tune is a timebomb just waiting to blow. Your buddy should just stick to the LS1, but when a person is that ignorant about a competing product, they usually aren't very knowledgable about the product they supposedly specialize in.

Trav_69Stang

Sweet 69 Mustang
Established Member
He meant old 4.6. Not coyote my bad. The Coyote F150 motors have forged cranks too?

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread