Coyote Hunting (in a 6th Gen) - Episode 1

WSsick

Established Member
The title is just to get you in here, don't worry, I don't think this thing is fast. :lol:

[video=youtube;ZXSXUFEO1Vw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXSXUFEO1Vw[/video]

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
New SS is impressive, I guess we know were the ZL1 will stand. I wonder what ford has in store for the next mustang.

During the runs were you hitting the paddles-shifting or just mashing that pedal down and letting the car do its thing? Is this the same A8 in the hellcats?

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
Wow I would have thought the Mustang with those mods would have ran a bit more stout than it did.
Nice from the SS.

blackvette101

Established Member
Smells like BS honestly. Full bolt on 5.0's w/ e85 has got to be approaching 118-120 mph trap (112 stock). Camaro is like what 116-117 mph stock. That thing walked him like he's trapping 5+ mph higher on the roll.

Last edited:

blackvette101

Established Member
FBO?

I thought it was Headers, full exhaust, E85 Tune Only

youtube description says bolt on. Either way its an S550 so full exhaust/tune/e85 is pretty much all the bolt ons. The only thing not specifically listed is an intake but i am not sure why anyone would do all those mods and skip an intake. Even if it doesn't have an intake its a 116-118 trap all day. I mean camaro 6g's are trapping anywhere from 114-117 mph. Should have been a close race with edge to the mustang. But not a walk like that.

Last edited:

DSGCOBRA24

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Very impressive for the camaro, thought the mustang would do better than that.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Would have thought the 5.0 would have done better. It is what it is I guess. What does a modded stang like that put out?

I assume a stock for stock match up would be a bloodbath?

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Smells like BS honestly. Full bolt on 5.0's w/ e85 has got to be approaching 118-120 mph trap (112 stock). Camaro is like what 116-117 mph stock. That thing walked him like he's trapping 5+ mph higher on the roll.

What video were you watching? The Camaro only pulled like 1 or 1 1/2 cars on the Mustang and held that til they let out. I'd attribute that to the A8, a A6 Mustang would have faired better IMO.

WSsick

Established Member
New SS is impressive, I guess we know were the ZL1 will stand. I wonder what ford has in store for the next mustang.

During the runs were you hitting the paddles-shifting or just mashing that pedal down and letting the car do its thing? Is this the same A8 in the hellcats?

For the digs, I just leave it in D. For the rolls, I get it into whatever gear I want to leave in, and slap the shifter over into D right after I hit the gas and let it do it's thing.

I can assure you the car is 100% stock. I ran it with about 1,300 miles on it, and it went 12.12 @ 114.7 in ~1300 DA. Best trap that night was 115.5 I think. I went 12.13 another night in worse air. It dynoed 410 RWHP. He's not a slow shifter, but not the fastest. I don't think my car is a freak or anything, but it's pretty consistent (except for when the LC kills too much timing :( )

FBO?

I thought it was Headers, full exhaust, E85 Tune Only

No cold air intake. He has one coming, and he's looking at the GT350 manifold.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That IS a nice SS, Sean. Very impressive! The 8-speed auto surely helps with consistency. My eye is on a '17 SS 50th Anniversary Edition.

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
Yeah, I thought the 5.0L should run a little better but it's run what you brung. I'd like to run a 16 SS but there's not many down here in S FL, ton's of 6 bangers though.

myke hunt

Feugo
Established Member
Poor showing from 5.0. I had no issues slowly walking away from 6th gens with a tune/header PP 2015 GT

slverstang

Established Member
youtube description says bolt on. Either way its an S550 so full exhaust/tune/e85 is pretty much all the bolt ons. The only thing not specifically listed is an intake but i am not sure why anyone would do all those mods and skip an intake. Even if it doesn't have an intake its a 116-118 trap all day. I mean camaro 6g's are trapping anywhere from 114-117 mph. Should have been a close race with edge to the mustang. But not a walk like that.

That is not Full Bolt on....FBO would include CAI and a different manifold (BOSS, CJ, GT350) This 5.0 did not have a CAI. I feel the lack of the CAI would of helped top end and tuning in general. Also 373 gears are terrible for street racing. 355 or better would be my choice.

blackvette101

Established Member
That is not Full Bolt on....FBO would include CAI and a different manifold (BOSS, CJ, GT350) This 5.0 did not have a CAI. I feel the lack of the CAI would of helped top end and tuning in general. Also 373 gears are terrible for street racing. 355 or better would be my choice.

whatever the car had my point still stands. OP said he ran a 114 mph trap which is in the range of what a 6th gen auto runs. That would put the mustang at 110-112 when most stock S550 mustangs run those times. Crap happens on the street but all i'm saying is the numbers don't add up like they should

slverstang

Established Member
whatever the car had my point still stands. OP said he ran a 114 mph trap which is in the range of what a 6th gen auto runs. That would put the mustang at 110-112 when most stock S550 mustangs run those times. Crap happens on the street but all i'm saying is the numbers don't add up like they should

I see where you are coming from...maybe bad Lund tune? Buddy of mine had a really bad tune from them and had to complain to them to get it redone.

blackvette101

Established Member
I see where you are coming from...maybe bad Lund tune? Buddy of mine had a really bad tune from them and had to complain to them to get it redone.

yeah anything is possible on the street. And a dig is very driver dependent. Just usually rolls tend to go off trap speed.

Users who are viewing this thread