Coyote/Maserati Quattroporte

Chris_5.0

Established Member
So, this is my first time posting to this section of SVTP, but I love this story and it was one of my first run-ins after I picked up the 5.0 back in January. (Stock at the time)

So, I'm on my way home from work late one evening on the highway and I see some fancy looking HID's coming up behind me pretty quick. I thought it was a ricer till it pulled up next to me. A beautiful, near brand new Maserati Quattroporte. This was the model with just over 400 to the crank. Anyways, we both made eye contact, I looked ahead and oddly enough there wasn't a car in sight for over a mile. We both slowed to about 55 MPH, and I dropped it into third. Three honks and we were off. Now, I had never taken my car above about 90 or so at that point. (I had only had it a couple weeks at that point). Well, he stayed with me...

We were pretty even up until around 90-100, but he kept on it. I kept my eyes glued ahead of me, as I banged fourth and fifth. I looked in my rearview and he was a good 4-5 lengths behind me. After seeing this, I let off the gas pedal and glanced down at the speedometer with both hands glued to the wheel. It's amazing how 145 feels like nothing in these cars. I downshifted and got back down to cruising speed, and as you would expect -- the ricer fly-by and the finger all in one fluid motion.

I'm amazed how I could spend roughly 1/5 of the value of his car and beat him in a stock to stock race. Maserati's are definitely known for more than just luxury -- performance is in there too. Mustangs are without a doubt one of the best horsepower to dollar ratios out there. You just can't beat 'em. Best purchase I've ever made.

KushBandit

Established Member
Good kill man!

Funny, I took a new Maserati Quattroporte the day I bought my 5.0. We were both on the I-15 coming back from Las Vegas to California. He had dealer plates, as did I. Once I got to about 115mph, I started walking away. I was laughing to myself because I paid $22K out the door, and I'm sure he spent at least $100K more than I did that day.

b_dike

Established Member
So, this is my first time posting to this section of SVTP, but I love this story and it was one of my first run-ins after I picked up the 5.0 back in January. (Stock at the time)

So, I'm on my way home from work late one evening on the highway and I see some fancy looking HID's coming up behind me pretty quick. I thought it was a ricer till it pulled up next to me. A beautiful, near brand new Maserati Quattroporte. This was the model with just over 400 to the crank. Anyways, we both made eye contact, I looked ahead and oddly enough there wasn't a car in sight for over a mile. We both slowed to about 55 MPH, and I dropped it into third. Three honks and we were off. Now, I had never taken my car above about 90 or so at that point. (I had only had it a couple weeks at that point). Well, he stayed with me...

We were pretty even up until around 90-100, but he kept on it. I kept my eyes glued ahead of me, as I banged fourth and fifth. I looked in my rearview and he was a good 4-5 lengths behind me. After seeing this, I let off the gas pedal and glanced down at the speedometer with both hands glued to the wheel. It's amazing how 145 feels like nothing in these cars. I downshifted and got back down to cruising speed, and as you would expect -- the ricer fly-by and the finger all in one fluid motion.

I'm amazed how I could spend roughly 1/5 of the value of his car and beat him in a stock to stock race. Maserati's are definitely known for more than just luxury -- performance is in there too. Mustangs are without a doubt one of the best horsepower to dollar ratios out there. You just can't beat 'em. Best purchase I've ever made.

Never understood why people act like that when they lose. Especially in a race he instigated... good kill. Lol at the never had it past 90 comment. You sir have way more restraint then I do. My brand new focus has already been 105 lol.

BOSSPOWER

Established Member
Great kill, there's a lot of those down here and they think that they have wings...I love to smoke them.

Manuel

KushBandit

Established Member
Sounds like you got a good deal! The dealer I bought mine from was practically giving it away. They had about 20 new GT500s sitting on the lot, and a Shelby GT350 in the showroom floor. No need for my little ol' '11 GT/CS to take up space haha.

Those 404hp Maseratis are powered by a turbo'd 3.0 V6! We would have been dusted if it was the turbo'd V8, with something like 520hp ;). Still nice to be able to beat up on something that's about 5x the price.

Chris_5.0

Established Member
Yeah, when I got home that evening I did some research on them. After realizing it was the V6, I thought to myself "wow, that sounded like a beastly V6 then..." Lol

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

kaz109

Established Member
Good kill man!

Funny, I took a new Maserati Quattroporte the day I bought my 5.0. We were both on the I-15 coming back from Las Vegas to California. He had dealer plates, as did I. Once I got to about 115mph, I started walking away. I was laughing to myself because I paid $22K out the door, and I'm sure he spent at least $100K more than I did that day.

Lol...post like this continue to crack me up. There is a reason you paid 22k and he paid 80k... I am glad you are happy with your mustang but calm down lol...don't try and compare it to a QP

kaz109

Established Member

If you are saying it was a " just over 400hp" model then you ran a Ghibli not a QP

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
Lol...post like this continue to crack me up. There is a reason you paid 22k and he paid 80k... I am glad you are happy with your mustang but calm down lol...don't try and compare it to a QP

Nice win

Last edited:

Chris_5.0

Established Member

I'm well aware they are two completely different classes of car. People buy Maserati's for much more than how fast they are in a straight line. And people buy Mustangs for different reasons as well. But hey, I still think it's kinda cool that a Coyote has one of the best horsepower per dollar ratios out there. THAT'S what amazes me.

KushBandit

Established Member

No shit dude lol. Obviously at the end of the day, he's going home in a Maserati while I'm in a Ford. I was simply talking about a stricly Price vs Performance stand point. A '11-'14 Mustang GT certainly compares to a '13-'14 Turbo V6 Quattroporte when looking at a performance stand-point. Hence why I mentioned about my car being quicker than the Maserati on the freeway. trust me, I dont think I'm rolling aroun in a Ferrari. Posts like your's are what's truly funny, gotta love when misinterpretation is involved :).

If it was a turbo V8 QP, well, I would have been shat on very badly lol.

Last edited:

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
No shit dude lol. Obviously at the end of the day, he's going home in a Maserati while I'm in a Ford. I was simply talking about a stricly Price vs Performance stand point. A '11-'14 Mustang GT certainly compares to a '13-'14 Turbo V6 Quattroporte when looking at a performance stand-point. Hence why I mentioned about my car being quicker than the Maserati on the freeway. trust me, I dont think I'm rolling aroun in a Ferrari. Posts like your's are what's truly funny, gotta love when misinterpretation is involved :).

If it was a turbo V8 QP, well, I would have been shat on very badly lol.

He has a history....I have had this argument with him before...Enjoy your win.

magred

Established Member
He has a history....I have had this argument with him before...Enjoy your win.

No, what he was talking about was all of the "I only paid 22k and he paid 100k." bs. People say that when they are trying to act like they got over on the wealthy person. Just saying that you beat this car would have been cool. But it is when you get all of the "Yeah you only paid this and he paid way more than that" type of mentality that says more than is actually being said.

As for the race. Good kill.

Users who are viewing this thread