Coyote/Maserati Quattroporte

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
No, what he was talking about was all of the "I only paid 22k and he paid 100k." bs. People say that when they are trying to act like they got over on the wealthy person. Just saying that you beat this car would have been cool. But it is when you get all of the "Yeah you only paid this and he paid way more than that" type of mentality that says more than is actually being said.

As for the race. Good kill.

This.

kaz109

Established Member
No, what he was talking about was all of the "I only paid 22k and he paid 100k." bs. People say that when they are trying to act like they got over on the wealthy person. Just saying that you beat this car would have been cool. But it is when you get all of the "Yeah you only paid this and he paid way more than that" type of mentality that says more than is actually being said.

Some ppl get it( you,kirk and myself) and other don't....you can see which side of the fence black*death is on.....

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member
Good kill. I'm in love with the way those Maserati V8s sound. Followed one into a tunnel in my 03 GT a couple of years back and came buckets when the driver gunned it.

KushBandit

Established Member
Some ppl get it( you,kirk and myself) and other don't....you can see which side of the fence black*death is on.....

It's flaturing you guys are looking into my comment so much. Never did I think I got so much over him for paying less. What I did find funny was that he raced a $22K car with his $120K car and lost. I see some of you guys have a hard time with comprehension. I'll see myself out of this childish banter lol.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
It's flaturing you guys are looking into my comment so much. Never did I think I got so much over him for paying less. What I did find funny was that he raced a $22K car with his $120K car and lost. I see some of you guys have a hard time with comprehension. I'll see myself out of this childish banter lol.

Why is that funny? I find it hard to believe he gave you the finger. I just don't believe it. If he was a rich ignorant snob he would have simply taken off at whatever speed he was going and not waited for you to honk it off. Yet he somehow knew the etiquette to slow down to whatever speed you guys wanted to roll from and wait for three honks? Your average person has no idea that this is how cars race on the freeway. If he was down to roll race well into the triple digits I don't see him flipping you the bird. So either the race didn't happen, or you're embellishing. I'm not saying you couldn't beat that car. Those cars are nothing special when it comes to quck accleration. Some people don't understand the experience of rolling in a grand coupe---they only see things as "why would I spend $xxx on this car when I can buy the cheaper one and slap a blower on it". My neighbor recently traded his v10 r8 in on a vanquish. The vanquish is notably slower, but holy shit is it an incredible experience to drive.

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
Firstly how do you know who was driving the car? Didn't both have paper plates
Good kill man!

Funny, I took a new Maserati Quattroporte the day I bought my 5.0. We were both on the I-15 coming back from Las Vegas to California. He had dealer plates, as did I. Once I got to about 115mph, I started walking away. I was laughing to myself because I paid $22K out the door, and I'm sure he spent at least $100K more than I did that day.

Why is that funny? I find it hard to believe he gave you the finger. I just don't believe it. If he was a rich ignorant snob he would have simply taken off at whatever speed he was going and not waited for you to honk it off. Yet he somehow knew the etiquette to slow down to whatever speed you guys wanted to roll from and wait for three honks? Your average person has no idea that this is how cars race on the freeway. If he was down to roll race well into the triple digits I don't see him flipping you the bird. So either the race didn't happen, or you're embellishing. I'm not saying you couldn't beat that car. Those cars are nothing special when it comes to quck accleration. Some people don't understand the experience of rolling in a grand coupe---they only see things as "why would I spend $xxx on this car when I can buy the cheaper one and slap a blower on it". My neighbor recently traded his v10 r8 in on a vanquish. The vanquish is notably slower, but holy shit is it an incredible experience to drive.

How do you know who was driving the Maserati? We have established he likely ran against a Ghibili as well. Is there a secret handshake before racing as well? Anyone can watch a YouTube video of highway runs and see 3 honks...Hardly top secret racing protocol?

Ghibilis are very obtainable for the unwashed masses now with low interest rates and 84 month loans? Your ASSUMPTION is just that...an assumption....Really basing the idea someone would not give someone else the finger based on a car's price?

Last edited:

kaz109

Established Member

So first you say " never did I think I got so much over him for paying less" then the next thing you say " what I did find funny is he raced a 22k car in his 120k car and lost" .....

And you say we have a hard time with comprehension lol...you just contradicted yourself. Like I said, some see the naïveness in your mind set and other don't ..for us that do it is laughable.. that's all. I appreciate the laugh, its why I love this site.

tvspower

Established Member
the op's story sounds good to me....he ran xx car and won.....each race is a story in themself...........Ever run BMW's ..That is story telling material.... COOL KILL........

02blownGT

Established Member
Wow...when did we get so many entitled cry babies on this forum?This is still a ford forum right? Good kill OP

04svtterm

Established Member

pretty much spot on.....leave it to the race. No reason to compare costs.

Good kill!

Last edited:

Kiohtee

Established Member
So if some of us are reading too far into your post (not directed at OP BTW), then here's your chance:

Why even mention the prices of the two vehicles?

kaz109

Established Member
Good kill man!

Funny, I took a new Maserati Quattroporte the day I bought my 5.0. We were both on the I-15 coming back from Las Vegas to California. He had dealer plates, as did I. Once I got to about 115mph, I started walking away. I was laughing to myself because I paid $22K out the door, and I'm sure he spent at least $100K more than I did that day.

So if some of us are reading too far into your post (not directed at OP BTW), then here's your chance:

Why even mention the prices of the two vehicles?

I put his post together so he wouldn't have to try too hard to figure out who you were talking to Zhisel....but odds are like most of ppl with his mentality he will dodge and not respond

Kiohtee

Established Member
I just don't understand why the price points matter if all you're trying to do is convey the point that you won a race. I'm quite certain that gentleman bought his Maserati for more than beating up on Mustangs on the highway.

It's also convenient almost every exotic kill story here ends up with the driver of the exotic being a total douche by doing a flyby or flipping someone off.

I remember pestering the hell out of a guy in a Ferrari 360 back when I had my automatic '97 GT. I stood absolutely no chance but wanted to see and hear a Ferrari really run. He whooped ass and even slowed back down to give me a thumbs up. What a dickhole! :shrug:

04svtterm

Established Member
I just don't understand why the price points matter if all you're trying to do is convey the point that you won a race. I'm quite certain that gentleman bought his Maserati for more than beating up on Mustangs on the highway.

It's also convenient almost every exotic kill story here ends up with the driver of the exotic being a total douche by doing a flyby or flipping someone off.

I remember pestering the hell out of a guy in a Ferrari 360 back when I had my automatic '97 GT. I stood absolutely no chance but wanted to see and hear a Ferrari really run. He whooped ass and even slowed back down to give me a thumbs up. What a dickhole! :shrug:

i've had very similar experiences. A lot of the exotic owners have been very nice and polite. Believe it or not, i have more people giving me the finger driving Mustangs, camaros and the honda/nissan crew than anyone else. Mostly because i choose not too race at that certain time. people think, just because i choose to not race a 2005 mustang gt w/ a catback, that' i'm an automatic jerk/looking down on them. Maybe i just don't want to race a mustang gt and take a huge risk (street racing) beating a car that i know i can. oh well. I guess i'll continue to be a dick.

kaz109

Established Member
^^^^ hey A**hole ....race every single car that revs at u, quit being a dick!!!

kaz109

Established Member
lol! can't help it....there are times i drive around with my collar popped. Just does it own it's own.

So if your collar does it on its own and we all know the GT-R drives itself....what exactly do u do while in the car? Update FB? Build your 2015 Madden franchise?? What oh what do you do??????? Lol

04svtterm

Established Member
So if your collar does it on its own and we all know the GT-R drives itself....what exactly do u do while in the car? Update FB? Build your 2015 Madden franchise?? What oh what do you do??????? Lol

God bless snap chat and netflix. Otherwise i'd have nothing to do while the GTR is driving. hahah

Users who are viewing this thread