CPE single turbo cobra dyno results, pic and VIDEOS!!!

orange306

pimpinsincepimpingwaspimp
Established Member
Is this for real

I would say the kit itself is a joke who in their right mind would put that big of a turbo in a car with out building the thing . I have that same car that u say u beat, waiting for u. ( the white gt) With that power band of yours u are dead meat from a roll or a dead stop. If u what to race let fast eddie know he knows how to get in touch with me. Me ****ing up that car is a phone call away!!!!!!

Last edited:

dfw99cobra

Established Member
orange306 said:
I would say the kit itself is a joke who in their right mind would put that big of a turbo in a car with out building the thing . I have that same car that u say u beat, waiting for u. ( the white gt) With that power band of yours u are dead meat from a roll or a dead stop. If u what to race let fast eddie know he knows how to get in touch with me. Me ****ing up that car is a phone call away!!!!!!

*want to race

This isn't smackdown son. Complain there if you want to race him.

Duran

Matador
Established Member
sunburned said:
Backpressure only hurts and slows down turbos. On a turbo motor, you want as little as possible, that is why huge turbo supras run 5" exhaust piping. I don't really know much about cams but I know this much. I would think that some company like MPH or VT could custom grind some cams for this setup.

Agreed; the reason for such a big exhaust piping on supras is to let the exhaust escape as quickly as possible to decrease the lag in turbos. Means you will hit full boost quicker.

Foxstang

Established Member
SVTdubs said:
We are expecting 700-750rwhp on 15psi on the mustang dyno and then we will take it to the max of my fuel system which could be 800-900rwhp.

no offense, but you are expecting to gain 150-200rwhp on 3 more psi?

SVTdubs

have you seen my baseball
Established Member
orange306, who the **** are you? I dont know of any "white car" you are talking about???

foxstang, the car is still untuned at 12psi so yes to your question.

SpookSVT

Established Member
DSG2003SVT said:
The blower cams wouldn't be losing any more power than the stock cams, would they? If he can get $1000 for about the same power by switching to the stock cams, then I would say go for it, I understand that; I'm just curious whether or not he would GAIN power by switching back to the stock cams.

The blower cams probably don't have enough exhaust lift and duration to expell all the spent gasses so they could be hurting him a good bit.

Dubs, get all the bugs out of the system before you do anything else. Don't worry about all the hipe your getting from some people.

Last edited:

UNDR PSI

Established Member
The Stage 3 cams are not hurting him for power. It has been stated by the tech from Crower that after 20 psi, the Stage 3s would cost a little power. This is a moot point in this situation since the car "was" only making 12psi. They have had some issues with the car. It won't be back together for a couple of weeks.

moridin2004

I took my own avatar pic
Established Member
UNDR PSI said:
The Stage 3 cams are not hurting him for power. It has been stated by the tech from Crower that after 20 psi, the Stage 3s would cost a little power. This is a moot point in this situation since the car "was" only making 12psi. They have had some issues with the car. It won't be back together for a couple of weeks.

Its not the forced induction pressure above ambient (i.e. boost) that is important, as it pails in comparison to the cylinder pressures during combustion. The motor will pump more air with more than 12psi of boost through that turbo, but the air flow amount at different pressures for different turbos (or blowers) will change quite a bit. Is the 20 psi for the specific setup or a gross generalization?

As to why the turbo may be making less power on the cams, look at it like this: Turbo operate on exhaust gas energy, while the blower works off of crank power. From what I understand, blowers work better when maximizing a NA cam setup, while turbos work better with less overlap and different exhuast lift and duration. I'm not sure about the specs for the stage 3 cams, but they are made for the blower setup. Whether or not they will work better than the stockers is yet to be known, but there may be cam setups more conducive to a turbo.

WhiteStallionGT

orange306 said:

Comments like this should result in an instant BAN.

turbosaleen

Established Member
SVTdubs said:
7.jpg

563rwhp
12psi on a MUSTANG DYNO
GT47-80 turbo
.020, cp pistons, stock rods with upgraded bolts (no hp gain)
JDM stage 3 BLOWER cams (may actually be hurting the turbo setup)
BONE stock everything else (heads, valves, etc etc)

Also, this was a back to back run, literally got done with 11psi, turned the boost controller and did another pass at 12psi

I dont want any of the following assumptions...
-the car was done on a mustang dyno, its 10% lower so the car made 619rwhp on 12psi
-the car lost 40rwhp from the blower cams
-the car lost 10-20rwhp because it was hot
-the car still has 600rpms to turn yet (rev to 7500ish)

We want NONE of that BULL. Like I said before, 563rwhp with this sized turbo at only 12psi is amazing for any dyno, tune, motor, etc etc. so no assumptions, this is what the car made!
We are expecting 700-750rwhp on 15psi on the mustang dyno and then we will take it to the max of my fuel system which could be 800-900rwhp.

not bad for the first time out and with time restraints, getting kicked off the dyno. We still had 600rpm's to pull and we still were going to lean the car out and add more timing as the initial tune was wayyy safe.

Plan now is to pull the blower cams out and put the stockers back in then take the car to james so he can do it on his time wtihout being rushed on his dyno, etc. Plus they will be dynojet numbers this next time. We are in no rush to finish this as paolo has a few TT vipers in the shop he is currently working on also.

Remember the car is a stock looking, FULL WEIGHT (4040 with me in it), IRS, 6 speed, CONVERTIBLE on chrome 18's!!!

]

mm k
You cam into the thread with atitude so time to make some observations.

1 what does weight have to do with power ?
2 your asuming its 10 percent its not straight across ten percent..
3 Your assumeing the cams cost you power they very well may have been WORTH power.
4. the dyno sheet on that other site shows the power is leveling off and prety much already peeked pulling it higher wont result in much more horsepower this is not a blower that gains with rpm turbos power peaks are based on the cams then dont always just gain power by reving them higher ebcause the boost is NOT rpm dependant.
5. You blew it up lol .. TO qoute you form the lexus site
" bad 02 sensor caused a slight problem in the motor (piston rings) but since the cams are being swapped anyway, thats an easy fix.."

you killed the rings.. lol .. so i seriously doubt you should brag about the numbers since you HURT IT .. SO much for the inital tune being "way safe"

anyone who knows sct or diablo mustang tuning will also know that the factory o2s dont have enough controll to have done what you claim.
unless a idiot was tuning the car. it was tuning that killed those rings.. as any tuner worth a dam would have seen from the dynos wide band what the real air fuel was..

that said, thats not that great of power with a gt-47 at that boost ... i have done three cars with that turbo all made > 700 rwhp at 12-13 psi one race car with 4 valve two pushrod motor street cars including mine wich at 12 psi made 753 rwhp with a 5 speed in it.
at 18 psi made 912 rwhp with standard

and you cant deal with a tech from any cam company for crap he wouldn't know jack from jack they are salesman .. the ods of geting a correct answer out of those guys is very low ..

the fact he said oh ya over 20 psi tells me clearly he had no clue what hes talking about .. there is no such thing as a PSI limit its a intake to exhaust preasure ratio limit that you reach at wich point increasing boost wont help and you wiill start to lose preasure from exhaust reversion back into the cylinder from the exhaust valve.

NO ONE could say at what psi it would happen anywhere. it would have to be checked ESPECIALY with a cutom kit.. the best he could be doing is makeing a generalization of well with a typical street kit ( wich you do NOT have ) around 20 pis they start to lose power.

and if they do that on a street setup then on a more race oriented setup like yours they definatly wont be a problem till way high in the boost range.

"From what I understand, blowers work better when maximizing a NA cam setup, while turbos work better with less overlap and different exhuast lift and duration. "

smallish street turbos do yes due to the amount of back preasure in the exhaust you want to allow for almost no valve overlap on a street turbo setup.
because the preasure in the ehxaust is usualy 2 or 3 times higher intake preasure.
so if both valves are open you acutaly blow some of the exhaust back into the cylinder displacing intake charge.

however on such a small motor with such a large turbo and large pipeing the back preasure is very low and a cam with over lap can and almost always does pay benifits.
my car runs 14 degrees of over lap something that most people would tell you would never work with a turbo car.
so does almost every out law type turbo mustang out there.

with a race kit that has low backpreasure in the exhaust runing a large turbo with a relativly large ar for a given engine you can get away with a lot more over lap then most people think.

Last edited:

SVTdubs

have you seen my baseball
Established Member
dont feel like reading all that after the first few BS comments...

the car was flatening off... yeah cuz timing was backed off up top, tuning wasnt done
the car blew up so it wasnt safe... the 02s were off, closed loop has NOTHING to do with open loop (wot) tuning

for anything else, call me, i dont feel like reading anything and responding...

im so sick of the internet bullshit, people who talk the talk and act like supertuners who know everything. these sites are getting rediculous. call me if you have any questions 630-768-0761, ill be here... that goes for anyone

WhiteStallionGT

turbosaleen... when will you quit. You've got a fastass car, you're probably much older than I am, and yet you act like my 5 year old brother.

You've ruined a couple threads already, don't ruin this one.

dfw99cobra

Established Member
Turbosaleen, where your observations necessary or asked for in anyway? I've now observed you commenting on wolverine and SVTdubs; both of which FAR more credibility on this site than you.

EDIT: I have a saying I like to make about guys like you. "Power without traction is just as useless as a nice/fast car with a douche bag owner." If you have a nice or fast car, be humble and objective. There's no reason to remind anyone they are less than you. If someone talks trash, and can't back it up that's one thing. However, your "I'm faster than you" attitude is getting old. My car is slow, but at least I've never treated anyone slower than me like crap.

Last edited:

turbosaleen

Established Member
SVTdubs said:
dont feel like reading all that after the first few BS comments...

the car was flatening off... yeah cuz timing was backed off up top, tuning wasnt done
the car blew up so it wasnt safe... the 02s were off, closed loop has NOTHING to do with open loop (wot) tuning

for anything else, call me, i dont feel like reading anything and responding...

im so sick of the internet bullshit,

um if you had enough fuel to wash the rings down at part throttle and your to dumb to smell it then you got your own issues.

and no that iS NOT much power for that turbo at that boost yes i can say this because yes i have personaly built three cars with that same turbo.

nothing was bs it was all factual.. and yes i am willing to bet i forgoten more about tuning then you will ever know seeing as how I own a tuning shop and we do 8-10 cars a week

"im so sick of the internet bullshit"

Then dont post a thread and start it with smart ass coments and exscuses and atitude ..
simple truth its not that impresive for whats in it .. YET .. im sure it has the potential to be but its just NOT yet.

hell last 03 cobra we did with a t-76 gts turbo an pro turbo kit made more then that at 13 psi it made 605 lol

hell here on ptks web site they make that much with 10 psi on a stone stock car with exhaust that runs all the way out the back to the stock cat back

http://www.proturbokits.com/images/gallery/pics/98cobraT410lbs.jpg

"Turbosaleen, where your observations necessary or asked for in anyway? I've now observed you commenting on wolverine and SVTdubs; both of which FAR more credibility on this site than you."

so says the man who sold someone broken parts as in very good condition ?

you question MY credibility when you ripped another board member off ?

http://svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=247299&page=1&pp=25

credibility ? my cars been in three magazines.. i own a performance shop i was invited to the hot rod pump gas drags and i build cars like mine and theirs every day ..
credibility lmao
anyone who doubts a word im saying ask "racerat" about me and she will confirm its all true.

I dont care if i wint a popularity contest he came in here with attitude like his crap don't stink in that first post
I wouldn't have said anything except that he posted that first post with such atitude. Like look this is awesome and you don't know jack if you aren't impresed.

to qoute him
"We want NONE of that BULL. Like I said before, 563rwhp with this sized turbo at only 12psi is amazing for any dyno, tune, motor"

no its not .. considering a ptk kit makes around 600 with a smaller turbo and everying totaly stock down to the valve covers never having been off.

you tell me your crap don't stink.. im going to prove it does.

Last edited:

iCEMANSGCCC

Banned
turbosaleen, the fact is you think you're God because you have a fast car. Nothing more, nothing less. We -DO NOT CARE- if you can stomp SVTDubs, Wolverine, or Chris' EVO. Got it? We just don't flipping care.

And for the record, I hope your car gets its ass handed to it one day and the owner is a complete jackass to you

turbosaleen

Established Member
no I dont think im god .. and my partner has a faster car then me by far..

but i also dont think one should act like HE is god when HE makes less power with a larger turbo custom kit and worked engine then a ptk kit does with stock parts and abolt on kit

Users who are viewing this thread