Crash & Death at the NOLA Wannagofast 1/2 mile today (RIP Jeff Hagaman)

Zemedici

Established Member
The problem with a bumpy braking zone is that it destabilizes the car. If the bumps simply reduced braking, not a problem as you observe, you can overshoot the corner entry and go into the runoff.

The crash video from the 1/2 mile event shows the car running off the right side of the track and into the grass, then tumbling -- at that point the amount of additional runoff available is unfortunately no longer relevant :(

This.....hard on the brakes + bumpy road = hold the **** on

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
can anyone actually confirm his car had no cage in it? I fail to believe this would be over looked when doing something like that event. And his cts-v was stupid fast and had a 25.5 in it I think

Zemedici

Established Member
can anyone actually confirm his car had no cage in it? I fail to believe this would be over looked when doing something like that event. And his cts-v was stupid fast and had a 25.5 in it I think

My boss was at the event, from the horses mouth as of 10 minutes ago.

The car had ZERO safety equipment. Car was still using the factory seatbelts.

And you'd be surprised.....

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
My boss was at the event, from the horses mouth as of 10 minutes ago.

The car had ZERO safety equipment. Car was still using the factory seatbelts.

And you'd be surprised.....

That's just completely stupid, and as we can see ended horrifically

They have a 4 point roll cage rule(at certain speeds) that is completely unenforced.

This is going to change significantly

Curt@injected

This. Not to mention a stock Lamborghini won’t go NEAR 200mph....

Heavily modified cars need heavy safety equipment. Just a shitty situation all around.

@Curt@Injected glad you guys are safe, Brandon said from the way the track is at the finish that literally could have been ANY fast car. Yikes....shitty weekend.

Thanks man. It could have easily been anyone in our crew which is why people who were there are pissed. We never received an opportunity to walk the track and as you know Dustin was aiming for 200 at that event in his s550. They had a drivers meeting an immediately started lining up cars. Jeff was the first person to go fast through there. That picture that keeps getting circulated of the bumps has Aric and I in the background in Dustin's golf cart looking at the area for the first time.

Zemedici

Established Member
But where those bumps are you should’ve already been braking for the corner. I haven’t been that track since I had the Shelby. I didn’t remember the track having any issues

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

I don't understand your question, Richard. They re-routed the track so you use the straight as the 1/2 mile.

Thanks man. It could have easily been anyone in our crew which is why people who were there are pissed. We never received an opportunity to walk the track and as you know Dustin was aiming for 200 at that event in his s550. They had a drivers meeting an immediately started lining up cars. Jeff was the first person to go fast through there. That picture that keeps getting circulated of the bumps has Aric and I in the background in Dustin's golf cart looking at the area for the first time.

Jesus. So shitty no one got to run....BUT. I'd rather lose the money in this scenario than worse...….Dustin's car has the safety precautions, but losing control at 200mph+ is still a ride no one wants to take, and it's almost a guarantee.....Yikes.

Curt@injected

I don't understand your question, Richard. They re-routed the track so you use the straight as the 1/2 mile.

Jesus. So shitty no one got to run....BUT. I'd rather lose the money in this scenario than worse...….Dustin's car has the safety precautions, but losing control at 200mph+ is still a ride no one wants to take, and it's almost a guarantee.....Yikes.

IDK if you survive that crash with any amount of safety equipment.

Turbo98GT

Mod Motor Mustangs
Established Member
Jesus lord man. Need a map?

The guy who runs WGF got kicked out of Clayton by the FAA. That’s why other people could come in and set up their own event (Literally the exact same event) without issue.

Make sense now?

Just need it for a screen shot. Plain language works really good. Can you further explain to me why the FAA would be involved in this decision? I would imagine the airfield itself could kick WGF out but the FAA getting involved to allow one race or another doesn't seem right.

Last edited:

Zemedici

Established Member
^^What's the name of your speed shop? Seems you're an expert in the industry.

You should be on the safety board for these events.

tenor.gif

Turbo98GT

Mod Motor Mustangs
Established Member
^^What's the name of your speed shop? Seems you're an expert in the industry.

You should be on the safety board for these events.

View attachment 1517679
My name is Justin Young and I own Mod Motor Mustangs and ModNationals Racing Event.

I have been very involved with trying to make these things safer for 3 years now.

Users who are viewing this thread