Crash & Death at the NOLA Wannagofast 1/2 mile today (RIP Jeff Hagaman)

Kiohtee

Established Member
No, he definitely missed my point..

I didn't miss your point. And if you feel I did, draw me a picture.

Literally every other fun car Jeff had, had a cage, fixed seat, etc. This was his ONE street car that just happened to make a good 1/2-1 mile car as well. It also just happened to be the one he wrecked in. Given the track to actual road ratio, I wouldn't have butchered it with a cage either. The fact that you dislike and don't see the logic in a high horsepower street car doesn't make his car or anyone else's point of view moot.

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
I've read most of these posts and all I want to add is this.. If you have a Chute hanging off the Back of your vehicle ( over $200,000 invested) and don't have a roll cage that's just pure ignorance.. I'm sorry for this guy, mostly for his kids and wife. The fact that he's a car guy in this hobby and what we know about the dangers and he would do these speeds without a cage is insane!!!
I know the cage would've weighted the car down a ton and that's the reasoning behind his thinking... Just my 2 cents

Kiohtee

Established Member
I've read most of these posts and all I want to add is this.. If you have a Chute hanging off the Back of your vehicle ( over $200,000 invested) and don't have a roll cage that's just pure ignorance.. I'm sorry for this guy, mostly for his kids and wife. The fact that he's a car guy in this hobby and what we know about the dangers and he would do these speeds without a cage is insane!!!
I know the cage would've weighted the car down a ton and that's the reasoning behind his thinking... Just my 2 cents

Again, dumb post is dumb. Jeff's reasoning had nothing to do with money or weight of the car.

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
Again, dumb post is dumb. Jeff's reasoning had nothing to do with money or weight of the car.

There was a video years ago on youtube of a 1,000 hp jeep. Guy was cruising in the car on the street making little under 60 mph hits with his kids in the back seat.....with a damn harness bar from the roll bar that was right in front of them. Kids had seat belts on and that's it. They were maybe 8-10 years old. I made the mistake of warning him about the need for helmets and roll bars. You wouldn't believe the flame suit I needed. Oh well I warned him. Best I could do for those kids. It's one thing for people to never consider something (ignorance). It's another thing to ignore it or dispute it once it's brought to your attention (stupidity).

Kiohtee

Established Member
There was a video years ago on youtube of a 1,000 hp jeep. Guy was cruising in the car on the street making little under 60 mph hits with his kids in the back seat.....with a damn harness bar from the roll bar that was right in front of them. Kids had seat belts on and that's it. They were maybe 8-10 years old. I made the mistake of warning him about the need for helmets and roll bars. You wouldn't believe the flame suit I needed. Oh well I warned him. Best I could do for those kids. It's one thing for people to never consider something (ignorance). It's another thing to ignore it or dispute it once it's brought to your attention (stupidity).

I'm sure Jeff knew well the consequences of a catastrophic mechanical failure. We're not talking about some inexperienced 'racer' with a boatload of cash. He was a seasoned veteran for sure. But I can very well see his argument about not caging his GT-R, especially when he already had so many other caged cars.

It boils down to 2 things.

1. Jeff rolled the dice and lost, definitely not the first time he rolled the dice if you were ever around him at all
2. WGF should've never been at NOLA.

This x65000. Just look at some of the videos on YouTube of him. And I've said he risked it and paid for it. Obviously, right?

blk02edge

Established Member
I didn't miss your point. And if you feel I did, draw me a picture.

Literally every other fun car Jeff had, had a cage, fixed seat, etc. This was his ONE street car that just happened to make a good 1/2-1 mile car as well. It also just happened to be the one he wrecked in. Given the track to actual road ratio, I wouldn't have butchered it with a cage either. The fact that you dislike and don't see the logic in a high horsepower street car doesn't make his car or anyone else's point of view moot.
My point was he COULD afford to have a purpose built car and other fun cars that make sense on the street. I mean he was driving it at a closed course so.... People that race on the street with 2000hp are retarded whether they hook or not. Id bet if he had a second chance at life he would re-think his priorities. Thats my opinion, I do respect yours where if thats what you want to do then go ahead, I just hope some people maybe re-think their bad ass choices in favor of at least an attempt on saftey for their familys sake.

Last edited:

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
I think you missed my point. For me 1500+ horsepower is pretty useless 9.99x out of 10. Considering he clearly had the money why not just build a car that does the same thing safely. You cant use that much power on the street.. Its entirely pointless and makes our community look bad. I think of it the same way as going into a police station with an AR cuz its your right to do so. Doesnt mean you should
Do you need 500hp in a Mustang?
Do you need an AR15?
Do you need a stereo that van make your ears bleed?
Do you need a 4k smart TV?
Do you NEED most things?

The answer is no to all of those questions. We want them, and we are free to have them. If someone wants a 2000hp GTR and can afford it, it is their money.

Sent from my [trashcan S5] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
Some of you guys are living in ancient times......Tx2k, SCT (that's THIS week in Atlanta) all have 1000-1500-1800hp cars running on the street....this isn't 1987 anymore. You can make fast shit hook on the street.

Here's a 1900whp Lamborghini from YEARS ago in Atlanta.....this is on the street....

You guys need to come to Atlanta. For real.

Now I want to make a trip to Atlanta. Thanks Josh.

Kiohtee

Established Member
on some nights, if you don't make 700+, you're slow.

Tanya's 675whp 5.0 was on the slower side....hahaha my buddies all got fast shit

That's just awesome. I'm turned down to the 700-750 range as of right now, and I'm still king of the streets around here. At least on any given workday/night.

Zemedici

Established Member
That's just awesome. I'm turned down to the 700-750 range as of right now, and I'm still king of the streets around here. At least on any given workday/night.

Last time I was out

1100whp Liberty Walk GTR
1200whp twin turbo 370z
900whp 5.0
850whp Cobra on Nitrous
800whp CTS-V
750whp c5z
675whp 5.0 (Tanya and I)

goes on and on and on

Come up here :)

Kiohtee

Established Member
Last time I was out

1100whp Liberty Walk GTR
1200whp twin turbo 370z
900whp 5.0
850whp Cobra on Nitrous
800whp CTS-V
750whp c5z
675whp 5.0 (Tanya and I)

goes on and on and on

Come up here :)

I see one, MAYBE two cars on that list that I stand a realistic chance of beating. Unless someone messes up or the car gods get angered. No thanks. Lol

I can go to a titty bar that's cheaper, closer to home and still get my ass kicked. :p

Zemedici

Established Member
I see one, MAYBE two cars on that list that I stand a realistic chance of beating. Unless someone messes up or the car gods get angered. No thanks. Lol

I can go to a titty bar that's cheaper, closer to home and still get my ass kicked. :p

see same way Tanya felt.

She thought she was king shit with her car, so I said 'lets go out with MY friends'

(as all the encounters she'd had was just random highway runs, which her car would slaughter)

Afterwards she felt like a kicked puppy....didn't matter what we ran, we got walked. hahahaha she's like 'this slow piece of shit'

Kiohtee

Established Member
see same way Tanya felt.

She thought she was king shit with her car, so I said 'lets go out with MY friends'

(as all the encounters she'd had was just random highway runs, which her car would slaughter)

Afterwards she felt like a kicked puppy....didn't matter what we ran, we got walked. hahahaha she's like 'this slow piece of shit'

I take pride, funny enough with it being this thread and all, in my car being a true street car. One you will run across any given day of the week, while I'm cruising to or from work, with AC and all that jazz. It's not a garage queen, rode easy or put up dry. Most cars that are faster, don't see daily action.

I actually have an Accord Sport daily that hasn't been driven since Friday night. Lol

blk02edge

Established Member
Do you need 500hp in a Mustang?
Do you need an AR15?
Do you need a stereo that van make your ears bleed?
Do you need a 4k smart TV?
Do you NEED most things?

The answer is no to all of those questions. We want them, and we are free to have them. If someone wants a 2000hp GTR and can afford it, it is their money.

I guess I need to figure out my wording because none of you are understanding me.

Since when did a 4k TV, an AR, a loud stereo kill someone? None of those examples are wreckless. I will add, no it is not your legal/constitutional right to use 2000hp on public streets.

Last edited:

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
I guess I need to figure out my wording because none of you are understanding me.

Since when did a 4k TV, an AR, a loud stereo kill someone? None of those examples are wreckless. I will add, no it is not your legal/constitutional right to use 2000hp on public streets.

9D9652EC-0E8A-40D2-B780-C659F16E1D74-6155-0000069A5EEE96F9.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread