Cruise Control surge after TVS

Svt Shelby

Established Member
I have the same problem with the surge on my vmp tvs for a few months. I have been talking with Justin and he has been great about emailing tunes to fix it. My surge was at low boost with some tunes. Then was good down low but surge up in the 10-12psi range. I just recieved a tune from Justin on Wednesday that has no surge. I suggest you contact him for the tune.

JerryC

Established Member
I'm thinking back over the course of the blower since I got in stalled last year.

First tune, first drive. Surged like crazy in first gear at idle, only way to stop it was to either come to complete stop or give it more throttle.

Drove it for a while like that and then asked justin for a different tune because the throttle sensitivity was driving me bonkers. Lets say tha severity of the surge at that point was a 10, the next tune got that down to about 5.

A couple of tunes later for part throttle shift points, I want the car to drive and shift like stock when I'm not racing it, and it seems to be less. Justin says no changes in the new tunes to affect the surge. Also at this time I learn about doing the idle learn procedure and start doing that everytime I change a tune. It's cold here during this time frame and the surge shows up almost entirely at hwy cruise and when a very small amount of throttle is applied or when using the cruise control to accellerate. At this point I would rate the severity a 3. I email Justin about the surge and he says he might have something in the works for it.

As spring came the surge lessened to the point where I have not had it for several months. In that time I put a smaller pulley 79mm and larger idler 90mm and swapped mufflers around, stock, frpp , roush with no change, none them brought back the surge.

Last month I did clean the MAF and the throttle body, neither appeared in need of cleaning, with the MAF looking perfectly clean and the throttle body having just a small amount of residue. Regardless, the car runs better the throttle feels a little crisper, still no surge. Plugs two weeks ago and again no change.

So I'm curious if the surge is gone, or waiting for colder weather or something else.

corepwn

Established Member
I don't use the cruise control often but knock on wood, don't experience these issues.

A6 car with 82mm/TVS from VMP, with Justin's tuning.

Users who are viewing this thread