Current New Vehicle Market

Zemedici

Established Member
Is it just me? Or are we starting to see a change in the market?

8bf78be8c82130346940f92dca299e5e.jpg

YesssSIRRRRRR

Stoked for it

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
They definitely move some metal, or did when they had it to sell....but those are the guys that got hurt the worst during all of this. Their sales guys didn't know what to do when they only had 3 or 4 of a particular vehicle instead of 200.
Most salesman lost there jobs on the big lots because of it.

sleek98

Established Member
I thought it was just me. It seems like truck prices are starting to soften. Used ones seem to be sitting much longer.

Not a lot but the local Chevy dealers seem to have a few more trucks out on the front line. The Ford dealers still only have 1 or two.

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
Just showing what they have bro…

Can they advertise like that and then Jack up the price? That seems really shady… I’m not even sure that’s legal…
I hear you
When we were shopping for my wife's car, the local dealers for the make she wanted all did it.

The "savings" were a combination of every possible deal they could give that MAYBE one person out of a million would qualify for.

"I can't get you all of these savings, but I can get you this one"

C2tuck

Established Member
That's pretty much all RV's, perhaps not including Grand Design.

You better bet a quality tool man to own one or else it'll be sitting on a dealer lot more than it gets used.

Grand designs are a little bit better (I’ve owned two) but they are all a piece of shit. I’ve owned 5 total and stayed in probably 10 more that were company owned, all piles of shit after about 6 months.

If I never stepped foot in another one for the rest of my life, I’d be just fine.

SHOdown220

Established Member
Just showing what they have bro…

Can they advertise like that and then Jack up the price? That seems really shady… I’m not even sure that’s legal…
I've seen several shady ass dealers posting stuff like MSRP 52k sale price 48K then when you go look at the window sticker by VIN the actual MSRP is like 46K. 52K was THEIR suggested sticker price, actual sticker plus ADM plus tint, wheel locks etc. Shady AF

A maverick for example:

1653130490096.png

1653130525643.png

1653130563586.png

Last edited:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

tistan

Established Member
Those are the get you in the door prices

According to a friend, that dealer had a 6k adm on a maverick in DEC
I wouldn't even go in the door until I had a otd price and a down payment on it. I thought the same thing as you when the dealer had my truck for $10k off sticker. I was just waiting for the catch. I secured it with a down payment, flew in, dealer picked me up, I signed 5 minutes of papers, and headed off with my new truck. It was the easiest vehicle I ever bought.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I wouldn't even go in the door until I had a otd price and a down payment on it. I thought the same thing as you when the dealer had my truck for $10k off sticker. I was just waiting for the catch. I secured it with a down payment, flew in, dealer picked me up, I signed 5 minutes of papers, and headed off with my new truck. It was the easiest vehicle I ever bought.
How long ago was this?
-J

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
We're going to buy a....minivan. It sucks, because:

There's no Hondas to look at. Odyssey is all new for 2023 and isn't even out yet. Dealer gets like 3-4 allocated a month. There aren't even any used ones to look at.

Toyota dealer has NOTHING, period, much less vans.

Really really don't want to buy a used Toyota/Honda for 85% of new.

There are a couple Pacificas on the lot, but that's our last resort. One Kia within 50 miles and I'm not paying $48k for a ****ing Kia.
We’ve had 2 Pacifica and came from 2 Odyssey. If you haven’t driven a well equipped Pacifica you might be surprised.
Our 2 Pacifica Limiteds had no issues.
Custom ordered a Pacifica Hybrid but because they took so long my wife decided not to take it.
-J

robvas

Established Member
We’ve had 2 Pacifica and came from 2 Odyssey. If you haven’t driven a well equipped Pacifica you might be surprised.
Our 2 Pacifica Limiteds had no issues.
Custom ordered a Pacifica Hybrid but because they took so long my wife decided not to take it.
-J
I have a Grand Cherokee and it's nice I'm just worried about a Pacifica reliability and making it to 200,000+ miles

Users who are viewing this thread